oneBoro Forum

Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2

5 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

A season on loan would do him wonders, dont think its fair to ask him to lead the line in a team fighting for promotion with so little experience.

Obviously could say the same for balogun but he isn't exactly lighting it up either is he

Good point - it would be a lot of pressure on a young lad. That said he hasn't seemed at all fazed when he's come on. Took his goal against Spurs like a veteran.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the league, and getting out of it, is the be all and end all. But since this draw came out of the hat everything else has paled into insignificance. The dog doesn't get walked (I don't actually

Not posted on here for ages lads, but will be cheering the Boro on and watching the match on the box this evening. To everyone going to the game, have an awesome time - think this one’s ours, 1-0. UTB

The more I see of Coburn, the more I think he needs to he starting.

Posted Images

Anyone else think fry going off could be a tactical decision? He wasn’t dealing with lukakus physicality first half very well at all. 

Thought Bamba was excellent. 

Not knocking Fry, on the whole he’s had a great season. Just wouldn’t be so quick to assume he’s definitely injured 

• Like 1

proud of Boro today. Playing against one of the best sides in Europe, the European & Club world champions & tried to play our way. We didn't sit back and turtle, we gave it a right good go. UTB lets enjoy the intl break and go again in April.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Good point - it would be a lot of pressure on a young lad. That said he hasn't seemed at all fazed when he's come on. Took his goal against Spurs like a veteran.

No pressure in these games though, completely different to the crowd baying for a goal at home to the likes of Hull.

Wouldnt mind him getting the odd game but certainly shouldn't be regarded as a starter in my opinion  

I'm proud of the lads today and for the way we played in this tournament. Some great memories. I watched the game on ESPN+, and their comemntators were very complimentary of the team, the town, the chairman and the fans. I think they summed it up quite well (the ESPN+ commentators). They said we played well, but Chelsea had more quality "when it mattered" at both ends.

While it wasn't our day, I loved that we tried to play our game and attack. They just had too much class. When we did the ball near their goal, we either made poor decisions, or they defended superbly. When they played around our press in the first half, they scored two well-taken goals.

Lost to the better team, but I'm proud of us and proud of our club. It sounded like a great atmosphere today.

Now for a rest before the crucial Championship run in. UTB!!!

• Like 2

Just wish we had few moments of a oooohhhhhhh aaaahhhhhh to have a cheer about.  

Respectful score line but to be fair we won’t score if we played all week. 

My concern are the players fitness levels. Cooks is shot. A good run in would be appreciated but a good stiff broom end of season clear out is needed. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hicktonpen10 said:

Not sure it's because he wants to play the same team his options are extremely limited in midfield with Payero and McGree out 

But even when they were available he didn't play them, unless he was forced to by injuries or suspensions.

Well done lads, you didn’t let your heads drop in the second half and have done the club proud on this cup run. It remains to be seen how much it has cost us with the injuries to Dael and Paddy, apart from donating the gate receipts to charity. I do hope Gibson knows how to ensure that money gets to the people who need it and out of the grasping corporate clutches of big charity executives expense accounts

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

But even when they were available he didn't play them, unless he was forced to by injuries or suspensions.

I think that’s what Wilder likes to do. Keep 9 the same and change up his strikers. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Anyone else think fry going off could be a tactical decision? He wasn’t dealing with lukakus physicality first half very well at all. 

Thought Bamba was excellent. 

Not knocking Fry, on the whole he’s had a great season. Just wouldn’t be so quick to assume he’s definitely injured 

That’s what I thought too. Bamba was excellent when he came on but like you I’m not so sure that Fry was injured. Certainly didn’t look like it. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Great effort from the lads against a class outfit.  Couldnt have expected much more than that.

The crowd were magnificent.

What a brilliant cup run.

Agreed.  Different level today.  United and Spurs had soft underbelly.  Nothing soft about Chelsea.

No complaints about the game - Chelsea were better than us… just wish we had a bit more of a cutting edge up front. Surprised Bamba hasn’t featured more in the league, he is a fantastic defender for us.

• Like 1

Is it a coincidence that Crooks form has gone off a cliff since since Payero/Mcgree injuries? Maybe a little complacency over his spot in the team? Either way he's been poor for a while now.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2