• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the league, and getting out of it, is the be all and end all. But since this draw came out of the hat everything else has paled into insignificance. The dog doesn't get walked (I don't actually

Not posted on here for ages lads, but will be cheering the Boro on and watching the match on the box this evening. To everyone going to the game, have an awesome time - think this one’s ours, 1-0. UTB

The more I see of Coburn, the more I think he needs to he starting.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Looks like the extra tickets are now sold out. Can we just skip Friday please and get straight into it?

Where you see this mate? Have club confirmed the extra 3k have been sold?

22 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Otherwise known as the whole of the country Vs Chelsea. 

Can't wait! Any of the Belfast and surrounding area fans fancy meeting up for this one?

My GF has covid at the minute and although I'm negative I'll not chance heading out anywhere

Would definitely be up for doing a game this season though at some stage 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Where you see this mate? Have club confirmed the extra 3k have been sold?

Just looking at the website. 2 have appeared so they must have just been in someone's basket when I last looked.

• Like 1

I know the league, and getting out of it, is the be all and end all. But since this draw came out of the hat everything else has paled into insignificance. The dog doesn't get walked (I don't actually have a dog), I don't speak to my wife (I do actually have a wife), I can't be arsed about work (I don't actually have a job),. We would have appeared to have played a few very important championship games which passed me by. Wars, beheadings and 800 P&O staff have drifted by without much more than a tut (I'm doing this for comedic effect so please take a breath). But now, in a day and a half, we have Chelsea at home in the FA cup. Being the wrong side of 60 (is there a right side?) the FA cup is a magical thing, to me it is the essence of everything that is great about our national game. One match to decide the victors and look at how we have grown, the BCC have us a 'Giant Killers' and I actually don't care what happens on the day. To be a Boro fan, here and now, is once again, a wonderful thing and we should enjoy the anticipation, the uncertainty, the butterflies and the beers. It's made all the more interesting in that it is Chelsea, is it the cup final defeats? ( I hadn't even took my seat after shouting '3 points' before Di Matteo Scored) Is it the dodgy Russian owner? Is it the behind-closed-doors request? To me and many others it's the second leg of the 1988 play-offs, the violence, the poor policing, the whole after match experience that ruined what should have been a great night for a Boro fan. At the end of the following season we went back down to div 2 and Chelsea got promoted to the top division never to fall out again. Yep, I admit it, I'm carrying a 34 year grudge. We have rarely managed to get back at them (the opening game of the Riverside will always be memorable). So, I'm off to bed now but I can't focus on anything but Saturday. As a certain old rocker said "Out of my brain on the 5.15" (kick off time) I do hope he wasn't a Chelsea fan. Come on Boro ya flipping beauties and give all them Boro fans sommat to be proud about whatever the result........sound of me putting my soapbox away and wiping away a tear

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I really should have gone to bed, but I have, for my birthday, a bottle of Dalwhinne Winter gold. A wee dram later and I'm back. Answers to questions are:

1. The obvious one...will Boro make it a hat-trick of Premier League scalps?

I obviously need more whiskey cos the answer is still no, Chelsea are so much stronger than the previous

2. Will the game be won in 90 minutes, Extra Time or will it go to penalties?

I think we could take this to extra time

3. Do you plan on throwing eggs at Chelsea's team bus when they rock up to the Riverside?

Cadbury's mini eggs fired from a catapult, that's got to smart!

4. Do you have any "interesting" chants to sing at the few hundred away fans (assuming they show up)?

"you can stick your dirty money up your a*se"

"what's it like to see a crowd"

"He's a crafty cockney conman"

trying to think of something smart and funny but the single malt keeps getting in the way

5. Elon Musk recently challenged Vladimir Putin to single combat on Twitter. Should Steve Gibson do the same to Roman Abramovich?

Oil v chemical tanker wars.....well I'd watch it !

6. Your preferred starting XI?

regardless on my preference it will be the same as Tuesday, maybe Bola for Taylor? Tav, McNair and Howson need to massive for us yet again.

• Like 2

1. The obvious one...will Boro make it a hat-trick of Premier League scalps?

I can’t see it happening, no. It will be a great day out so let’s make the most of it. 

2. Will the game be won in 90 minutes, Extra Time or will it go to penalties?

In 90 mins. 

3. Do you plan on throwing eggs at Chelsea's team bus when they rock up to the Riverside?

Why? 

4. Do you have any "interesting" chants to sing at the few hundred away fans (assuming they show up)?

Where are ya, where are ya. 

5. Elon Musk recently challenged Vladimir Putin to single combat on Twitter. Should Steve Gibson do the same to Roman Abramovich?

Childish. The argument lies with Putin. 

6. Your preferred starting XI?

CW will pick the same squad. 

Edited by sanddancer

Nothing to lose and all to gain

Come on Boro cause them pain

Wikawakawikawakawooo

Come on Boro let's make Chelsea feeling blue!

Love it what a great night for Teesside and the National support for MFC!  yippee!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

As long as we have a go at them, I'm not bothered about the result. A win would be great obviously, but all banter aside I'm not expecting anything other than a Chelsea victory.

Oh yee of little faith, we owe them and it is payback time

• Like 2

My thoughts too, more or less.

We enjoyed a big slice of luck against Man Utd and caught Spurs on an off day (though to be fair we ran ourselves into the ground to make sure they never got going). I don't think the footballing gods will be so generous this time around.

But as Denzel says, as long as we make a game of it and don't let Chelsea stroll to victory, I'll be happy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

My thoughts too, more or less.

We enjoyed a big slice of luck against Man Utd and caught Spurs on an off day (though to be fair we ran ourselves into the ground to make sure they never got going). I don't think the footballing gods will be so generous this time around.

But as Denzel says, as long as we make a game of it and don't let Chelsea stroll to victory, I'll be happy.

Nah I want to see Chelsea bleat about the unfairness of not having fans inside the stadium and that it is all down to SG😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Nah I want to see Chelsea bleat about the unfairness of not having fans inside the stadium and that it is all down to SG😉

We're on a hiding to nothing really, If we win They'll say it's because they had no fans, if they win they'll be walking about like they had coat hangers jammed in their mouths 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2