oneBoro Forum

Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2

56 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Too right CT...charity should begin at home, right? 🙄

All I can say is you probably should get checked by your doctor, as I get the feeling you may have a rock where your heart should be. Thousands of people all over this country (and many others) are donating money, clothes, food...in some cases hiring vans and driving to Poland, to get aid to refugees.

As you've probably also noticed, thousands have also registered to take Ukrainians into their homes.

Football clubs are a bit more limited in what they can do, but I think its a great gesture that will provide sorely needed aid...as well as being good PR for the club.

As for why we don't help everyone...thats because we can't. Not on our own anyway. Again, thats more a failure of bodies like the UN to do their job.

I dunno about anyone else, but around Christmas, when the usual flood of appeal envelopes from a multitude of charities come through the letter box, I sit and have a bit of a think before donating, as I can't afford to give to all of them.

Similarly, the Ukraine crisis is what is currently foremost in most people's minds, so thats where attention and effort will be focused.

Well I suppose I could have a rock where my brain should be so that’s something at least.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the league, and getting out of it, is the be all and end all. But since this draw came out of the hat everything else has paled into insignificance. The dog doesn't get walked (I don't actually

Not posted on here for ages lads, but will be cheering the Boro on and watching the match on the box this evening. To everyone going to the game, have an awesome time - think this one’s ours, 1-0. UTB

The more I see of Coburn, the more I think he needs to he starting.

Posted Images

If anyone wants an omen for today, we played Chelsea at the Riverside almost 25 years ago to the day (22nd of March 1997). It was my first trip to the Riverside, and I became a Boro fan that day. We won. Now, a quarter of a century later, I'm repeating the journey. If we win again, I will take all the credit. (If we lose, it's because there's no such thing as omens!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

If anyone wants an omen for today, we played Chelsea at the Riverside almost 25 years ago to the day (22nd of March 1997). It was my first trip to the Riverside, and I became a Boro fan that day. We won. Now, a quarter of a century later, I'm repeating the journey. If we win again, I will take all the credit. (If we lose, it's because there's no such thing as omens!)

I misread this as onion

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

The day of that Juninho goal 👍

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

The day I thought we were going to save ourselves from relegation. 25 years ago, my god! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Well I suppose I could have a rock where my brain should be so that’s something at least.

I wouldn't go that far. You're pretty intelligent...most of the time (in my humble estimation). 😉

• Haha 1

Nerves are starting to kick in.

I said I wasn't too bothered if we won today, but now I desperately want us to win.

Howson, Crooks, Tav and Jones are going to have to have good games I feel, if we are to come out on top.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2