oneBoro Forum

Season Tickets Released

On 4/1/2022 at 2:11 PM, wilsoncgp said:

I'd like the club to put something together so that those workers could buy a season card tailored to their expected schedule instead of paying for a full season. We don't even have individual match ticket prices tailored for our armed services or anything. When I went through the rest of the league earlier this season, I'm pretty sure there's no club worse at breaking down their ticket pricing into categories. The only thing we get somewhat right in that area is the Family Zone but it's not exactly ground-breaking. Some are just as bad but there's really not a lot worth shouting about from our point of view.

I think that would take away the point of a season ticket, which is essentially a discount for commuting to the whole of the season for the club. The system you propose would mean when results dont go the way of the team or season ticket holders didn't fancy the match then they could just remove it. Maybe a way around it would be to do a 5/10/15 game season ticket with just a stand allocated and to use your allowance you had to apply online and as long as it wasn't sold out then you could book a seat for the match. Any matches left on the ticket at the end of the season are sacrificed. 

That way then the club wouldn't have money on the books that may need to be refunded and people could commit to a number of matches they were comfortable with, plus I would tend to think maybe some people who don't work shifts might go for it as well and could lead to a full season ticket at some point, but doing so would also have them put at risk that some people with full season tickets do not renew as full tickets any more. Probs why they don't do it because you could potentially diminish the level of season tickets sold by making them more flexible 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody cares, as was demonstrated by the first 4 or 5 pages of this thread.  In particular, a number of people that don't have season tickets definitely don't care about season ticket price rises for

Hi All Just reading through the comments.  MSF are completely against the rise in season card prices and we strongly urged the club not to do this. As mentioned above in this thread, we

People being able to find the money doesn't mean it's acceptable. I could find the money to pay £8 for a pint, wouldn't make that a good price.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Rob said:

I think that would take away the point of a season ticket, which is essentially a discount for commuting to the whole of the season for the club. The system you propose would mean when results dont go the way of the team or season ticket holders didn't fancy the match then they could just remove it. Maybe a way around it would be to do a 5/10/15 game season ticket with just a stand allocated and to use your allowance you had to apply online and as long as it wasn't sold out then you could book a seat for the match. Any matches left on the ticket at the end of the season are sacrificed. 

That way then the club wouldn't have money on the books that may need to be refunded and people could commit to a number of matches they were comfortable with, plus I would tend to think maybe some people who don't work shifts might go for it as well and could lead to a full season ticket at some point, but doing so would also have them put at risk that some people with full season tickets do not renew as full tickets any more. Probs why they don't do it because you could potentially diminish the level of season tickets sold by making them more flexible 

Would it? I'm talking about offshore/overseas workers who may know their schedule better in advance of a year. My idea has nothing to do with being able to add or remove matches during a season, it's still about a commitment over the course of a year but it's agreed which matches contribute to their ticket in advance instead of saying "I'm coming to every game" it's "I'm coming to pretty much every game I can" and agreeing upon that around the same time as SC renewals. That would contribute to one of the most stable streams of revenue the club gets.

Of course, that idea of a 5/10/15 game season ticket could work in that way too and I would like to see us to investigate something like that too. And you are right that some could just make use of the ability to do something like this to actually reduce their input to the club but I would it would balance in favour of those who are currently contributing no stable financial input to the club and that in itself can put the club in a better position to plan on spending that money, instead of taking it in on the per matchday they currently will.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Would it? I'm talking about offshore/overseas workers who may know their schedule better in advance of a year. My idea has nothing to do with being able to add or remove matches during a season, it's still about a commitment over the course of a year but it's agreed which matches contribute to their ticket in advance instead of saying "I'm coming to every game" it's "I'm coming to pretty much every game I can" and agreeing upon that around the same time as SC renewals. That would contribute to one of the most stable streams of revenue the club gets.

Of course, that idea of a 5/10/15 game season ticket could work in that way too and I would like to see us to investigate something like that too. And you are right that some could just make use of the ability to do something like this to actually reduce their input to the club but I would it would balance in favour of those who are currently contributing no stable financial input to the club and that in itself can put the club in a better position to plan on spending that money, instead of taking it in on the per matchday they currently will.

As a shift worker a 10/15 game would be hugely appealing. I previously had a season ticket from Ayresome Park until Woodgate was appointed. 

I got rid of my ST because I was fed up after Pulis/fed up with the JW appointment and fed up with the price increase. If I could attend every game it might have been as much as a problem but I also had about 6-8 games a season that I couldn't attend so it was a lot of money going to waste. 

I've mentioned on here before about the club selling part season tickets but I was told that it wasn't worth the hassle due to admin costs. 

I think something like this being set up would be a great idea. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

As a shift worker a 10/15 game would be hugely appealing. I previously had a season ticket from Ayresome Park until Woodgate was appointed. 

I got rid of my ST because I was fed up after Pulis/fed up with the JW appointment and fed up with the price increase. If I could attend every game it might have been as much as a problem but I also had about 6-8 games a season that I couldn't attend so it was a lot of money going to waste. 

I've mentioned on here before about the club selling part season tickets but I was told that it wasn't worth the hassle due to admin costs. 

I think something like this being set up would be a great idea. 

Well we're still planning on having a more detailed discussion about tickets and this could be part of it. Honestly, I think this season has been a bit of a bust in terms of making any decent progress on that front. We've not been able to speak to them enough about it and this rumoured 'tickets meeting' has been in the pipeline for about 6 months now and keeps getting pushed back. Hopefully this summer will give us a good chance to talk at length about it.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Well we're still planning on having a more detailed discussion about tickets and this could be part of it. Honestly, I think this season has been a bit of a bust in terms of making any decent progress on that front. We've not been able to speak to them enough about it and this rumoured 'tickets meeting' has been in the pipeline for about 6 months now and keeps getting pushed back. Hopefully this summer will give us a good chance to talk at length about it.

I'm guessing here but my feeling is that there's a stubbornness now at the club around ticket discounts ahd schemes. I think Gibson is fed up of pouring his own money in and seeing empty seats. Which is an out of touch attitude. 

9 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm guessing here but my feeling is that there's a stubbornness now at the club around ticket discounts ahd schemes. I think Gibson is fed up of pouring his own money in and seeing empty seats. Which is an out of touch attitude. 

I think the wording we had early doors is that Gibson and Bausor are open to being 'creative' around ticketing. And from the other conversations we've had, this is about putting our heads together, between fans and the commercial departments, to create the best case possible before presenting it to the board and selling it to them. I think there's a lot of hard work needed to be done to get us to a position where more people are happy with the state of ticketing and hell if I know if it will even bear fruit.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think the wording we had early doors is that Gibson and Bausor are open to being 'creative' around ticketing. And from the other conversations we've had, this is about putting our heads together, between fans and the commercial departments, to create the best case possible before presenting it to the board and selling it to them. I think there's a lot of hard work needed to be done to get us to a position where more people are happy with the state of ticketing and hell if I know if it will even bear fruit.

That sounds positive anyway, there always seems like something is wrong when we have 10 thousand empty seats at games but I know the club don't think ticket offers make much difference. 

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

The club are looking a few different options as things stand. Discounted tickets is not one of them though. The club don't believe discounted tickets is a viable strategy in attracting fans long term. They believe that fans will just wait for the offers if it becomes a regular thing. There are a few schemes in the offing though and one would probably depend on us being back in the Premier League as it's unlikely to work that well at Championship level.

Scrap that last part... i've just seen it's been added to the agenda for tonights supporters meeting. Categorising games as A, B and C like we did a few years ago is back on the table. There will be cheaper games to go and see but this will have to be balanced with a price increase on walk up tickets for the bigger games.

4 hours ago, Humpty said:

Scrap that last part... i've just seen it's been added to the agenda for tonights supporters meeting. Categorising games as A, B and C like we did a few years ago is back on the table. There will be cheaper games to go and see but this will have to be balanced with a price increase on walk up tickets for the bigger games.

The meeting was yesterday night and nothing of the sort has been agreed to yet. The only thing that's even started to progress again is 18-21 memberships.

The club have gone very quiet on it which is surprising given how vocal they were during the early stages of the early bird sales. 

As a matter of interest how would people feel paying more for walk up tickets on bigger games and less for the smaller games? It would certainly make the club more accessible to those with limited funds to spend on football. I'm not sure how it would affect attendances if i'm honest.

33 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Do we know how the sales are going compared to last year? I hope we see a decent increase now that the Pulis/Warnock clouds have been lifted.

I know from that meeting that they didn't mention a specific number but were pretty pleased with the season card sales, which sounds to me like we've improved on the previous year's. Though I guess with the COVID return that's not a huge shock, some people were worried about coming back and some of those won't have renewed because of that.

There's a bit of thought going into it @edinboro I'm pushing them for both and they see the attacraction for the supporters, but they need to make sure that a) the club won't lose money on the schemes and b) they'll increase attendance. It's something they're looking into.