oneBoro Forum

Season Tickets Released

I’m surprised so many people defend the prices. We’re a big outlier on price and I can’t get my head round people being happy enough with that. We have had two good seasons since 2009 but have remained one of the highest priced ST in the Championship. Like Changing Times says, they should be cheaper because they are too expensive. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody cares, as was demonstrated by the first 4 or 5 pages of this thread.  In particular, a number of people that don't have season tickets definitely don't care about season ticket price rises for

Hi All Just reading through the comments.  MSF are completely against the rise in season card prices and we strongly urged the club not to do this. As mentioned above in this thread, we

People being able to find the money doesn't mean it's acceptable. I could find the money to pay £8 for a pint, wouldn't make that a good price.

Posted Images

There are two issues here.

Firstly for the fans and secondly for the club.

Season ticket prices are too expensive for the fans. I don’t think that’s in dispute. The facts in comparison to the rest of the league are there for all to see.

Unfortunately for the fans, the club believe there is a price elasticity at work which means demand isn’t hugely affected by significantly reducing/increasing prices. The other consideration from the club is that non-football related income goes directly into funding the operation of the club. It has no bearing on our transfers, wages etc. When the clubs operational costs go up then ticket prices have to go up. 

The club know that there’s a bit of feel good factor going on that the core fan base don’t want to miss out on, so raising prices will squeeze a bit more out of them. It’s also why they’ll do everything in their power to appease this core. Case in point being the buy an extra ticket for your mate deal instead of priority points.

Until the club increase their commercial game because quite frankly our commercial income is really really poor for a club our size, then season tickets costs are unlikely to drop unless we get promoted.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
19 hours ago, JonnyMFC said:

The reality of it is that they will only be too expensive when people stop buying them!

How do those boots taste?

6 hours ago, Humpty said:

There are two issues here.

Firstly for the fans and secondly for the club.

Season ticket prices are too expensive for the fans. I don’t think that’s in dispute. The facts in comparison to the rest of the league are there for all to see.

Unfortunately for the fans, the club believe there is a price elasticity at work which means demand isn’t hugely affected by significantly reducing/increasing prices. The other consideration from the club is that non-football related income goes directly into funding the operation of the club. It has no bearing on our transfers, wages etc. When the clubs operational costs go up then ticket prices have to go up. 

The club know that there’s a bit of feel good factor going on that the core fan base don’t want to miss out on, so raising prices will squeeze a bit more out of them. It’s also why they’ll do everything in their power to appease this core. Case in point being the buy an extra ticket for your mate deal instead of priority points.

Until the club increase their commercial game because quite frankly our commercial income is really really poor for a club our size, then season tickets costs are unlikely to drop unless we get promoted.

I know you don't support the price increase so I'm not arguing with you here but that bit in bold is simply not correct.  They don't have to increase prices at all.  The club can generate income in other ways, and to me, those other ways should have been used, if it really is required at all.  There's no reason at all why football related income can't fund the increase in operational costs other than one bloke doesn't want it that way.

38 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know you don't support the price increase so I'm not arguing with you here but that bit in bold is simply not correct.  They don't have to increase prices at all.  The club can generate income in other ways, and to me, those other ways should have been used, if it really is required at all.  There's no reason at all why football related income can't fund the increase in operational costs other than one bloke doesn't want it that way.

That’s the word from the club not me. I don’t pretend to know every facet of the clubs finances to be fair. They’ve apparently got increased costs to cover and the only way to maintain their operational cost, at this level in the manner they currently operate is to raise ticket prices. Otherwise it would be Gibson subsidising them as well as funding football operations. I’ve no doubt selling Coulson (for example) and not replacing him could cover their increased costs.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Crackers said:

You like what you like Johnny. As it happens I have a thing for string pull engine systems, get me on a pulley lawnmower and I’m right up for it.

chappelles show dancing GIF

You look like you're loving life there mate 👍

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Rob said:

how much cheaper were they at early bird point

Cheapest was £450 early bird renewal, £514 early bird new applicant.

£560 General Sale.

Our early bird offers were significantly more expensive than everyone else's but Norwich too.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Crackers said:

£450 is great value for the season we are about to have. £514 is okay aswell. Maybe you should go buy a season ticket at Luton 🤷‍♀️

You can keep saying it, it doesn't make it true.

It's poor value compared to competitors.

2 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Do we have competitors in a business sense when it comes to fans? Would the prices make someone go buy a Sunderland one? I doubt it. 

What is your actual justification for our prices being one of the most expensive in the league (and more expensive than 15/20 teams in the league above) despite us being in one of the poorest areas of the country? 

Ok..  if we want to reduce prices, we would have to gain revenue elsewhere, so should we increase prices of merchandise, make refreshments more expensive, raise concessionary rates to reduce standard prices. we seem to be trying to reduce wage bill but to be competitive, players have to be of a decent standard and if clubs know they can offer better packages, we will lose out..  no easy solution but maybe we can offer some ideas.

1 minute ago, Crackers said:

My justification? I paid £450 which is about 1.5% of my yearly income to go and watch my first love every week. As far as the £560 that’s for new season card holders and they will receive this discount next year. Middlesbrough is a poor area yes but what about the surrounding towns on Teesside and North Yorkshire? We are relatively expensive but people keep buying them. @Willand @TeaCider24 did you both buy season cards this year? If you did then I’m afraid you’re part of the problem you both have. 

If the justification is "well people still buy them 🤷‍♂️" then it's just the club exploiting peoples' passion for their team. Fans shouldn't have to vote with their feet for fair and appropriate pricing. £560 in one of the least affluent parts of the country is borderline predatory. I think it's too much for a Premier League side let alone a club that's been a perennial championship side for over a decade. At 16 Premier League clubs you can buy an adult season ticket for a lower price. If you go up the road tickets are almost 50% cheaper for the same standard of football.

I'm glad we've got such loyal fans who'll pay the price but they really shouldn't have to.

• Like 4