• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody cares, as was demonstrated by the first 4 or 5 pages of this thread.  In particular, a number of people that don't have season tickets definitely don't care about season ticket price rises for

Hi All Just reading through the comments.  MSF are completely against the rise in season card prices and we strongly urged the club not to do this. As mentioned above in this thread, we

People being able to find the money doesn't mean it's acceptable. I could find the money to pay £8 for a pint, wouldn't make that a good price.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Will said:

When the club comes into a huge amount of money I'd like the price increases that have been justified by an apparent lack of money to at least be reversed, yes. I really don't see how this is controversial to some people. 

Not going to address the Spence example as I've said nothing of the sort and you appear to have manufactured it in your head.

Im sorry but I can't take you seriously now! Just look what you have just said!

"When the club comes into a huge amount of money" 

Is the Spence transfer fee too insignificant to be considered "a huge amount of money"?

3 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Im sorry but I can't take you seriously now! Just look what you have just said!

"When the club comes into a huge amount of money" 

Is the Spence transfer fee too insignificant to be considered "a huge amount of money"?

The Spence fee is an incoming transfer, or the "football side of things". @Humptyand @wilsoncgphave both confirmed the clubs position that all income from transfers is kept separate from day to day running of the club, so I didn't think it necessary to point that out. It also is insignificant compared to money from the Prem.

For what it's worth though, £1m being set aside from the Spence transfer could completely eliminate the price rises we saw across the board this year 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
Just now, Will said:

The Spence fee is an incoming transfer, or the "football side of things". @Humptyand @wilsoncgphave both confirmed the clubs position that all income from transfers is kept separate from day to day running of the club, so I didn't think it necessary to point that out. It also is insignificant compared to money from the Prem.

For what it's worth though, £1m being set aside from the Spence transfer could completely eliminate the price rises we saw across the board this year 🤷‍♂️

I believe something was also mentioned along the FFP side of things.

I can't remember it word for word so this is probably a bit of a hatchet job on the quote but I believe we were told clubs are, in some way, encouraged by FFP to cover the running costs of their clubs by alternatives to football income i.e. transfers. Football income covers football outgoings whilst operational outgoings are covered by other means.

Also something about Gibson being able to stick his hand deeper into his pocket for football-related things like transfers and wages if he's not having to do it for the operational cost, another thing which could affect FFP. Something like that.

I could be completely misinterpreting that from what I was told at the time so apologies to everyone if that's the case but I know something akin to that was said.

None of that changes that the club were non-committal on the whole thing about putting prices down if their costs go down, of course. So how much of that was bull is an unknown to me.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Will said:

OK so you are now moving the goalposts to justify your argument!

Just out of interest, what figure would you consider to be reasonable?

5 minutes ago, Crackers said:

So we all agree £450 is fair then? 

It's a price I'd agree to pay. But I didn't do it because I thought it was a good price. I did it because it is the best and only way to watch this team consistently at the Riverside in this country. Fans have to make that choice; whether to see their team or not. Those who've been going for decades, it's going to be less of a choice and "How can we make this work?"

I said it earlier in the thread. The club doesn't see the impact it will have on people because a lot of people will still pay, it sees that people are happy to pay because they did. Despite your own and some others stances, I don't believe paying it does equate to being happy to pay it. I believe that's ignorance at play and a pretty horrid ignorance given the place where this all plays out. You don't need to travel far from the Riverside to see the problems this area has.

Perhaps you believe it's fair and that's your opinion. I don't. But plenty of people don't decide whether to attend their club on the price, they decide based on whether they love their club enough to take it a bit further with their money. Especially when you get the bug, it's hard to give it up.

Some people comparing it to going to the cinema every other week... how is football like that? Football is a community game, this is our town and the club that represents us, our area, our history. That's what it is to most clubs, a sporting representation of the local people. That's why it's part of us and part of why we want to be there. Unless you're going to some local Teesside private cinema and putting your money into it to support your local community, you're probably going to Showcase, Cineworld, Vue, Odeon, something like that. A chain of cinemas that exists around the country, if not the world. That's not remotely the same. When cinemas put their prices up, they represent that private, nationwide/worldwide interest. When the local football club does it, it's representing us. Cinemas will go on being if everyone in Boro stops going, the Riverside and Middlesbrough Football Club would not exist without us.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, JonnyMFC said:

OK so you are now moving the goalposts to justify your argument!

I'm just dealing with the facts we have available to us and what the club have told us.

4 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Just out of interest, what figure would you consider to be reasonable?

As I said, the price before the increase this year would be a start.

47 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Quite right. They just seem to be holding a big *** swinging competition. Seems futile as we all know who the biggest *** is round these parts…

51BCA15F-AAB3-4CF1-9713-B14BC8F4F64B.gif

Finally some recognition 🤗

• Haha 1

Story in Argentina about Payero, here it's claimed that Boca have had positive talks with Payero's camp but no formal approach has been made yet. 

https://www-ole-com-ar.translate.goog/boca-juniors/martin-payero-boca-refuerzo-riquelme_0_2wEYwhvjpR.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

If I was Argentinian and Juan Roman Riquelme was courting me I'd probably be on the next flight to be fair, he was a proper player. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

1099804946_Screenshot_20220620-210343_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c9e1359a14721b9a4ec922aa47a35eb0.jpg

Aston Villa have increased their cheapest season tickets by £161, their fans are in uproar over it, and they're still £29 cheaper than we are. 😂

Imagine paying a grand to go see Arsenal. Ouch. No wonder them fellas on Arsenal fan tv are always so angry. 

1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

Imagine paying a grand to go see Arsenal. Ouch. No wonder them fellas on Arsenal fan tv are always so angry. 

At least they have tended to be in the upper echelons of the league, imagine paying £600 to watch Newcastle!

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Aston Villa have increased their cheapest season tickets by £161, their fans are in uproar over it, and they're still £29 cheaper than we are. 😂

Even worse, see the Villa comment?

"We're conscious of the rising cost of living which is why we've based our pricing on the rest of the League and not the price rise to fans" - couldn't make this *** up.

12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

1099804946_Screenshot_20220620-210343_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c9e1359a14721b9a4ec922aa47a35eb0.jpg

Brb, switching my allegiance to West Ham