oneBoro Forum

Peterborough vs Boro 0-4 (Tavernier, Balogun, Coburn, Watmore)

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction: With only 9 games remaining of the regular season (hopefully more for Boro), both teams still have a lot to play for, with each fixture being like a cup final. Boro find themselves loc

We needed this international break but I cannot wait for league football to start again now. Proper football 7 days a week again for a while, I've missed it more than normal.

Posted Images

Tav has been immense of late, no way should he be moved to lwb - would be happy to see Mcgree there though and they can interchange when needed.

Looking for a safe 3-1 win for us but it is good that we respect them as they will be well up for this after their QPR win. 

With the lads that are playing for u23 tonigjt and the confirmation on Fry Paddy and McGree being fit, I imagine this will be the team tomorrow:

Lumley

Dijk Fry Paddy

Jones Crooks Howson Tav Taylor

Connolly Flo

Subs: Daniels Bamba Bola McGree Watmore Coburn Sporar

Peltier will travel as 19th man I would imagine.

It's finally game day. Feels like forever since the last league game! Now for a packed April with plenty of home games that will hopefully end with us comfortably in the play offs!

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Boro 86 said:

Tav has been immense of late, no way should he be moved to lwb - would be happy to see Mcgree there though and they can interchange when needed.

Looking for a safe 3-1 win for us but it is good that we respect them as they will be well up for this after their QPR win. 

Good to see you posting Gary all well in France I trust?

Yes game day and Teddy is looking forward to going to the game with his Dad and his Grandad!

For me looking forward to the game and finally meeting up with @Brunners.

I will be giving him a "Will Smith" on behalf of all the forum members he has upset don't worry😁

• Haha 3

I'd say it's vital we win today, could potentially put us in the top 6 which is nice, but also gives us a bit of leeway with 3 of our next 4 games being against teams in the top 6.

They are the worst team in the league, with fewest wins at home, the worst defence and second worst attack, we need to be beating them if we have any ambitions of the play-offs.

It'll be balogun and Connolly after they both scored in the last league game, but I can see coburn being the first sub on if we need a goal. It'll be watmore if we're ahead 

• Like 1

Put simply this is a massive game for our Boro.

Win and we control our destiny lose then we rely on other results.

Positive result will ensure the home support for the Fulham game will be electric

10 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Put simply this is a massive game for our Boro.

Win and we control our destiny lose then we rely on other results.

Positive result will ensure the home support for the Fulham game will be electric

I notice you haven't given it your TMIGOTS award...so presumably not that important? 😉

Bit of a weird one this. Although Boro enjoyed a comfortable 2-0 home win this season and thrashed Posh 5-0 in an FA Cup tie back in 2019, you have to go back 6 years to find our next fixture after that.

Seems these two sides have met very rarely over the years, with just 20 fixtures in all competitions since 1967.

Although Posh finally ditched the disastrous Darren Ferguson last month and installed the highly capable Grant McCann, they have played a fair number of games, with mixed results. I don't think Boro will have to worry about dealing with the "new manager bounce".

Head to head stats look like this:

Overall:      W10  D8  L2

Home:        W7   D4  L0

Away:         W3   D4  L2

Not much history to draw on, but it seems London Road (now apparently called the Weston Homes Stadium) isn't the best hunting ground for Boro. On a more positive note, Posh's home form is on a par with our away form, so provided our lads are fit and firing on all (or even just most) cylinders, this is still a great opportunity for 3 points.

Peterborough (Home):      W3  D5  L7

Boro (Away):                      W5  D4  L8

My Prediction:  Peterborough 1 - 2 Middlesbrough

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Peterborough vs Boro 0-4 (Tavernier, Balogun, Coburn, Watmore)