oneBoro Forum

Peterborough vs Boro 0-4 (Tavernier, Balogun, Coburn, Watmore)

51 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

1. If Dael Fry and/or McNair are out, who would you put in to replace them?

Sol comes straight in for either of them. Wood for me if they're both out.

2. Which two forwards would you start and why?

Coburn and Balogun, with Sporar and Watmore hopefully available if needed as the game goes on.

3. Predict the final top 6 and bottom 3

Allowing for the fact you could pull names out of a bag at this stage and have the same likelihood of being right:

Top six: Fulham, Bournemouth, Luton, Forest, us, Sheffield United. Bottom three: Derby (yay!), Peterborough, Reading

4. Do you feel confident in Joe Lumley, especially with such high pressure games coming up?

More confident than I did. As long as he's not first choice next season.

5. With easter coming up, what's your easter egg of choice this year?

I do love Yorkie chocolate, so a Yorkie egg would be just the ticket.

6. Score predictions

1-2 to the Boro, Coburn and Tav to score.

Even after nestle refused to pull out of Russia? I thought you might rise against lol!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction: With only 9 games remaining of the regular season (hopefully more for Boro), both teams still have a lot to play for, with each fixture being like a cup final. Boro find themselves loc

We needed this international break but I cannot wait for league football to start again now. Proper football 7 days a week again for a while, I've missed it more than normal.

Posted Images

Bamba in the middle and I would guess Bola to LCB. I wouldn't mind giving Wood a game if the opportunity presents itself but Bola should be fine in this one to play in the back 3.

Balogun and Coburn, I think. Coburn has earned a start now, I think, combination of his own work rate in games and the lack of quality elsewhere. And Balogun is the only one who has really scored recently.

Did this in another thread and CBA checking whilst I have a little break from work 😅

4. Do you feel confident in Joe Lumley, especially with such high pressure games coming up?
Confident is a strong word, I don't see him as our first-choice keeper after the season is up. But I'm confident he's the best option we have and confident that he'll give his all for us in this final run of games.

Galaxy Minstrels

6. Score predictions
2-1 Boro

• Like 1

Bamba > Fry, Peltier > McNair

Viduka and Hasselbaink. Failing that, Balogun and Watmore.

Top six: Fulham, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Forest, Boro, Sheffield United.

Bottom three: Derby, Peterborough, Barnsley

I reckon he'll do ok.

Mini-eggs

6. Score predictions

Let's go for a surprisingly comfortable 3-0 victory.

20 hours ago, Whoppy said:

Should be an away win but after being outplayed totally by Barnsley who knows! Peterborough had a great win at QPR last time out, but QPR did waste good chances before Peterborough got back into it. Should be an away win but who knows! 

Also - I'm going to this one! If anyone knows anywhere good to park please do share 🙂 

Plenty of parking areas near to the ground, am going myself with my lad and Teddy. Also Brunners and Ethers are going so a mini forum meet up is developing.

You mentioned QPR wasting chances trouble is we do that also

I agree that this is a must win game, has to be seeing as folks do not put much faith is getting anything from Fulham and Bournemouth.

Too many times when we need a performance and result for games that really matter we simply go the other way.

We normally do well at Posh's  place have soom decent memories of the place but this game will nearly make or break our season.

We have nothing to look forward to in terms of injuries so somehow our forwars need to find something.

Feeling we will draw and goaless to boot unless our Boro make sure they get an early goal

The table is shown in the terrific op by Weasel so for us to digest and consider just how important this game is I am showing all the games of significant interest for us.

Hull V Huddersfield (Friday night football)

Blackpool V Forest

Bmouth V Bristol

Coventry V Blackburn

QPR V Fulham

Stoke V Sheff Utd

Luton V Millwall

Brum V WBA (Sunday)

Gain on a few and maintain our push should we win which allows some comfort points against teams below us. 

Massive weekend for a fair number of teams

Well it's still not really a must win game, as we won't be cut adrift if we don't, but it's definately more of a have to win. Looking at the other games we can make a decent weekend if we win as there will likely be a few teams around us that will drop points. Bournemouth are probably the only 3-point-banker and they're not even direct rivals as they are probably too far away for us to catch them. However, they still have WBA and Sheffield away after this weekend while we have Hull at home before we travel to meet them, so if we can have gained 3-5 points on them that game could become very very interesting.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Well it's still not really a must win game, as we won't be cut adrift if we don't, but it's definately more of a have to win. Looking at the other games we can make a decent weekend if we win as there will likely be a few teams around us that will drop points. Bournemouth are probably the only 3-point-banker and they're not even direct rivals as they are probably too far away for us to catch them. However, they still have WBA and Sheffield away after this weekend while we have Hull at home before we travel to meet them, so if we can have gained 3-5 points on them that game could become very very interesting.

Have we ever even picked a point up at Bournemouth since they were promoted to the Championship a few years back. I'm pretty sure we have lost every game at their new ground although I'm not 100% sure.

9 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Have we ever even picked a point up at Bournemouth since they were promoted to the Championship a few years back. I'm pretty sure we have lost every game at their new ground although I'm not 100% sure.

You are right we are defo naff at Bournemouth

1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

There is a first for everything and apart from Sheffield away we've been fairly decent against the other top sides.

1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I think we drew 0-0 in 2014 other than we have lost each of the following games since. In our history we haven’t played them that often.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We should win this easily, but it's against a team with everything to play for and our away form is patchy at best.

2-2 draw.

It would be nice if Reading could grab a couple of quick goals and knock the hope out of Peterbrough.

• Downsouth changed the title to Peterborough vs Boro 0-4 (Tavernier, Balogun, Coburn, Watmore)