oneBoro Forum

Peterborough vs Boro 0-4 (Tavernier, Balogun, Coburn, Watmore)

12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I think Balogun needs to take a look at Bamford and how his career was set back by moving to the Prem too soon instead of taking an extra year with us.

And Bamford was very much better than what we've seen of Balogun so far in that full year with us. Balogun is getting better for sure but Bamford was superb.

• Like 2
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction: With only 9 games remaining of the regular season (hopefully more for Boro), both teams still have a lot to play for, with each fixture being like a cup final. Boro find themselves loc

We needed this international break but I cannot wait for league football to start again now. Proper football 7 days a week again for a while, I've missed it more than normal.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

And Bamford was very much better than what we've seen of Balogun so far in that full year with us. Balogun is getting better for sure but Bamford was superb.

Yeah there is no doubt that Balogun is nowhere near ready for Prem football in 4 months.

16 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah there is no doubt that Balogun is nowhere near ready for Prem football in 4 months.

Until the last few weeks he didn't look ready for Championship football and that's assuming he continues with his progress and doesn't regress. He seems to have the technical ability, skill and footballing brain but needs the experience of being kicked, battered and bruised and being able to deal with it by either brushing them aside or dishing it back out. I don't think he is anywhere near ready for the Premiership yet and whether it's with Boro or elsewhere he needs game time and experience. Whether that is in Boro's best interest is another thing.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I think Balogun needs to take a look at Bamford and how his career was set back by moving to the Prem too soon instead of taking an extra year with us.

Wouldn’t disagree with that.

9 hours ago, Humpty said:

Sporar isn't coming back next season, no matter which division we're in. Only way Balogun doesn't come back next year is if a Prem team takes him. Connolly might return. Makes sense these two play if we want them back.

I get that to an extent. But we also have a massive chance to get Premier League football next season so I'd much rather we played our strongest team regardless of whether they'll be here next season. Sporar offers far more than Connolly Imo and should be starting or at least getting more game time than Connolly. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

I get that to an extent. But we also have a massive chance to get Premier League football next season so I'd much rather we played our strongest team regardless of whether they'll be here next season. Sporar offers far more than Connolly Imo and should be starting or at least getting more game time than Connolly. 

Does he? Seems like a long time ago he was a decisive player and if the coaching team has already made up their mind that he’s not coming back it makes sense to have him as fifth choice. Balogun is the inform striker atm and I don’t think there is much between Connolly, Coburn and Watmore in terms of striker abilities. But I think wilder has decided that Watmore is best as an impact sub and Coburn will get more out of coming on and getting slowly integrated into mens football. We really don’t need him to be the next scapegoat when he goes 5 starts without a goal. 

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Does he? Seems like a long time ago he was a decisive player and if the coaching team has already made up their mind that he’s not coming back it makes sense to have him as fifth choice. Balogun is the inform striker atm and I don’t think there is much between Connolly, Coburn and Watmore in terms of striker abilities. But I think wilder has decided that Watmore is best as an impact sub and Coburn will get more out of coming on and getting slowly integrated into mens football. We really don’t need him to be the next scapegoat when he goes 5 starts without a goal. 

Well yea? Someone linked the stats just before. Connolly is a mile away from anyone else. Even without stats my eyes tell me Sporar is technically better, links play better, has a better touch. Connolly possibly has him on work rate but I wouldn't call Sporar lazy. I'm struggling to give him anything over Sporar after that.

I agree with everything else you've said. The difference between Watmore starting or as a impact sub is huge, Coburn shouldn't be thrown in full time just yet either. 

One thing we can say and like the team under Wilder he is getting better bit by bit, the lad will come good one of his shots will result in a clean goal eventually, he will make a killer pass to someone and he will earn raptious applause.

He is a Boro player he needs us to get behind him!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Sporar doesn't get through the work load that Connolly does and that's imperative in Wilder's system. I genuinly think that's the reason why Sporar has been frozen out.

11 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Sporar doesn't get through the work load that Connolly does and that's imperative in Wilder's system. I genuinly think that's the reason why Sporar has been frozen out.

He's also just been a bit crap. People talk about Connolly's finishing (which I agree is poor) but Sporar has spooned so many shots over the bar when he has played.

When he rifled that goal in early on against (Forest?) I thought he'd be the striker we'd been waiting for... But one non-penalty goal since Blackpool away is pretty poor for a guy who's started plenty of games since then.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

He's also just been a bit crap. People talk about Connolly's finishing (which I agree is poor) but Sporar has spooned so many shots over the bar when he has played.

When he rifled that goal in early on against (Forest?) I thought he'd be the striker we'd been waiting for... But one non-penalty goal since Blackpool away is pretty poor for a guy who's started plenty of games since then.

Im obviously not Connollys biggest fan but Sporar has been even worse. Not sure what happened to him to make him drop off like that. 

• Like 1