oneBoro Forum

Peterborough vs Boro 0-4 (Tavernier, Balogun, Coburn, Watmore)

Excellent news. We've needed a bit of depth in midfield for ages now. It'll just be good if Payero can be fully fit before pre-season as I doubt he'll have much impact if he's only back in training i 10 days time. By that time there is just about 5-6 weeks left of the season. But then again it'll still be time for him to score the winner at Wembley.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction: With only 9 games remaining of the regular season (hopefully more for Boro), both teams still have a lot to play for, with each fixture being like a cup final. Boro find themselves loc

We needed this international break but I cannot wait for league football to start again now. Proper football 7 days a week again for a while, I've missed it more than normal.

Posted Images

Capitulation at it's finest. We lose 4 nil with Connolly scoring 2 of them.

I'm envisaging a spineless, disjointed team performance where we embrace the Warnock hoof ball to allow our strikers to "work hard".

Crooks continues to move like a geriatric despite the international break and Paddy pulls up with a hammy because of the international break.

It's all doom and gloom here on in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, TheJew said:

I'm envisaging a spineless, disjointed team performance where we embrace the Warnock hoof ball to allow our strikers to "work hard".

Crooks continues to move like a geriatric despite the international break and Paddy pulls up with a hammy because of the international break.

Will Smith Punch GIF by Xavier Degraux

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thanks 3

1. If Dael Fry and/or McNair are out, who would you put in to replace them?

Both to start now wilder has said.

2. Which two forwards would you start and why?

I think connelly and balogun will be the starters. I think we will see a different Balogun after the international break. 3 goals in 2 games surely boost his confidence.
3. Predict the final top 6 and bottom 3

i have no idea, been a rollercoaster all season.

4. Do you feel confident in Joe Lumley, especially with such high pressure games coming up?

Straight answer. No. But he has improved I will give him that. But think we definitely need a new GK next season.

5. With easter coming up, what's your easter egg of choice this year?

I like me a Malteser one.

6. Score predictions

3-1 the boro. Tav, Balogun and McNair.

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

More relentless optimism..  obviously sees life through rose coloured testicles.. 

being serious, this is not going to be an easy game, Mc Cann will have them organised, but if we score first then odds in our favour... Would take a draw, but prefer a win..  would like to see Coburn and Balogun as a little and large pairing, with Watmore and Connolly coming on to run at them in last half hour but trust Wilder to find a way , but anyone who has the slightest problem should be pulled straight away to make sure we are as strong as possible for Fulham

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

McCann has been drilling Peterborough all week on how to deal with our overloads and attacki…Isaiah Jones. Depending on fitness McGree starts in midfield with Tav as a left wing back. We’ll need a plan C if they neutralise Jones and the overload, which I think is unlikely in all honesty but nonetheless Tav and McGree have worked well in that combination. Balogun and Connelly to start up top.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Humpty said:

McCann has been drilling Peterborough all week on how to deal with our overloads and attacki…Isaiah Jones. Depending on fitness McGree starts in midfield with Tav as a left wing back. We’ll need a plan C if they neutralise Jones and the overload, which I think is unlikely in all honesty but nonetheless Tav and McGree have worked well in that combination. Balogun and Connelly to start up top.

I'd definitely be looking at playing Tav as the LWB if McGree is fit as it would provide balance on the left along with a threat. Meanwhile we need to be training Jones how to trail his leg when being tackled and how to go down like a Putin conscript looking for sick leave.

I'd start with Watmore and Sporar to run them ragged from the off, unsettling them, then bringing on fresh legs after the interval to continue the chasing and closing, hopefully after we are a goal or two to the good. 

We need to win games like tomorrow if we're going to get into the playoffs, which I'm sure we will do. I find it strange hearing people say they'll take a draw. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'd definitely be looking at playing Tav as the LWB if McGree is fit as it would provide balance on the left along with a threat. Meanwhile we need to be training Jones how to trail his leg when being tackled and how to go down like a Putin conscript looking for sick leave.

I'd start with Watmore and Sporar to run them ragged from the off, unsettling them, then bringing on fresh legs after the interval to continue the chasing and closing, hopefully after we are a goal or two to the good. 

I'll be astonished if Balogun doesn't start considering the form he's been in for England. I could see Watmore starting but i think he'll stick with Connolly to build on his Birmingham "form".

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Peterborough vs Boro 0-4 (Tavernier, Balogun, Coburn, Watmore)