oneBoro Forum

borovsfulham.png.aa962f44bfe6da0336b00824ee459278.png

Introduction:
Eight massive games remain for Boro to decide our fate, which will decide if we end up in the playoffs or not. As far as opponents go, they don't come any harder than Fulham (and Mitrovic) in this division. The striker currently has 37 goals this season, for comparison Boro have scored 52 goals in total. With two impressive away wins on the bounce, it's now back to the fortress Riverside where you'd fancy us against anyone. As it stands we currently find ourselves nestled within the playoffs at a comfortable 5th spot, with a game in hand over our rivals bar Forest.

table2.thumb.png.aa6b3bece25883bc0a59dc31049f1cf8.png

Form:
Boro:
With only 1 loss in our last five, Boro are really starting to hit form again at the right time of the season. With the bonus of 2 away wins on the bounce, confidence must be high in the group. More importantly, Boro have won their last 8 games at home, so even though it's Fulham you'd expect us to walk away with something.

image.png.b7282c01ae447dc683177525dd280482.png

Fulham:

I think it's fair to say that Fulham are going up this season, that much is obvious. They have won 3 out of their last five, but also lost to WBA and drew with Barnsley away from home in those five. Annoyingly there's no inconsistent to Fulham's quality home or away, as they've picked up exactly 40 points at both.
image.png.1484a7b057eb81ac4e8ce1e9231b0206.png

The last time we played:

Talking points:
1. Which two strikers do we go for this time?
2. How do we stop Mitrovic?
3. Should Bola be starting every game from now on?
4. Would you make any changes to the lineup that started against Peterborough?
5. Thoughts on Joe Lumley's sweeping ability?

• Like 3
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch    

Agree with this. Connolly done absolutely nothing tonight. You would swear he wasn’t even on the pitch the way he played 🙄

Hi guys, your local Huddersfield fan here, been a while since I’ve posted. I’d deffo agree with a number of posters, neither of us are ready for it this season maybe. To be fair at the beginning of th

Posted Images

1. Which two strikers do we go for this time?

I think we will see the same two up top. 

Its about stopping the supply. Fry should enjoy the challenge as Mitrovic isn’t the most mobile of strikers. I do worry though because we give away good chances.

3. Should Bola be starting every game from now on?

If he’s fit he should play.

I would replace Clean Sheet Connolly but Wilder won’t.

Not apart of his game and will cost us this week. 

I can’t see our excellent home run extending but it would be a huge 3 points. Will take anything from this match.

• Like 2

Keep it the same, Connolly played better than Balogun but Balogun scored.

Watmore is brilliant as an impact sub and I'd be giving Coburn his half an hour again 

Goad him in to getting sent off.

3. Should Bola be starting every game from now on?

I'd say so, I thought he played well yesterday and he should be part of the core starting group when fit.

Taylor has rarely put a foot wrong, but Bola offers more.

4. Would you make any changes to the lineup that started against Peterborough?

No.

5. Thoughts on Joe Lumley's sweeping ability?

Fear inducing.

Would like to see sporar and Balogun up top with watmore doing his impact thing. 

We do seem to have a good record against mitro over the years and hopefully he is in frys pocket like he was on first game the season.

3. Should Bola be starting every game from now on?

Bola defiently offers more attacking wise and makes the side alot more balanced so hope he continues to stay fit and play..

4. Would you make any changes to the lineup that started against Peterborough?

Yeah Sporar for  Connolly as he does thrive in these bigger games and we will need to hold the ball up. Sporar is best at this. 

5. Thoughts on Joe Lumley's sweeping ability?

It is entertainment when you win 

1. Which two strikers do we go for this time?

I think it will be the same strike force and no complaints from me. Thought both done well and coburn and Watmore impact were brilliant. Balogun has to start but if someone comes in for Connolly I wouldn’t say it’s a bad move.

Personally I think Fry struggles against big strong strikers. Lukaku, Coventry striker, and I thought Clarke - Harris caused him problems. I think it’s someone being in front of mitro, so hopefully Howson cleans up.
3. Should Bola be starting every game from now on?

I don’t see why not, played really well. Just a case of him keeping fit.
4. Would you make any changes to the lineup that started against Peterborough?

None I can think of.

Disastrous 😂. But he made a good reaction save so I will give him that

Connolly and Balogun. Watmore is best used as an impact sub (shut up, he is) and Coburn will have a point to prove from the bench. Connolly might not be scoring but he causes defenders problems.

If fit, yes.

No, never change a winning team etc etc.

mr bean lol GIF by britbox

People mention about not changing a winning team so would that be the starting 11 or the finishing 11 certainly the finishing 11 were the better team on Saturday, also does that include the squad in general (match day)?

This will be a fast game we know how Fulham play they will be at us straight away, so we have to match them and beat them at their own game so to me Connolly does not need to start as I would prefer a combination of either or Balogun/Watmore//Coburn/Sporar starting.

Simply we need to get the first goal to have the chance of beating the Championship winners elect.

I hope Fulham are not looking at Jones too much as he has not been at his best recently and the boy needs to perform especially in this game.

We have the potential Fulham could be due an "iffy" day and with that in mind perhaps McGree could start as Crooks for a period now has not been reaching the levels we know he can and again this will be vital in getting some sort of result.

Will take a draw as I think this is what we will get from the game petting points is a required necessity at this stage due to others around us.

Games of interest are as follows:

Tuesday

P'boro V Luton

Millwall V Swansea

Sheff Utd V QPR

Wednesday

Forest V Coventry

WBA V Bournemouth

All to play for really if Boro want it then they will have to take it to Fulham 

Lastly Lumley is a sending off in waiting if he continues to sweep up outside of his area, he will miss time a action resulting in him bringing a player down, nearly happened against Posh but thankfully the open goal was saved by Boro's defense. It will happen but to what cost and whm against?   

Seems no reason to change a winning team. I remain of the opinion that Connolly is league one at best but he plays a role for us. Balogun has made a bit of a step up; if he keeps on improving at his current rate he'll be a strength for the team over the rest of the season. Particularly important to see him linking with Tav and Bola.  

You stop the rest of the team. Fulham are good but the difference between Fulham and the rest of the Championship is less than that between Man City/Liverpool and the rest of the Premier. Looking at the results to date, Fulham will be thinking that a draw away to us is a decent result.

Here's clearly our best option at LWB but seems to be made out of cheese strings. Real risk of him breaking down again if he's not eased back in. 

Probably not except for injuries/fitness. Taylor or McGree for Bola is the one obvious risk.

jesus dont GIF

• Haha 5

Goes without saying that I would take a draw now and thank you for it, they're a great Championship team who score for fun.

It's not a free hit because many of our rivals are also playing, and a point would limit any potential damage.

Obviously I hope we go for the win, but I'd not be disappointed if I walked out at the end with it 0-0.

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

People mention about not changing a winning team so would that be the starting 11 or the finishing 11 certainly the finishing 11 were the better team on Saturday, also does that include the squad in general (match day)?

I think you go with the starting line up in this case.

Watmore and Coburn benefitted from playing a team already behind and desperate for points.

We won’t get that space against Fulham.

Connolly/Balagon

Fry 

3. Should Bola be starting every game from now on?

Yes

I would replace Lumley, but we don't have a replacement

if only he thought about it!

Uncganged lineup for me. Currently Watmore and Coburn work good from the bench and Conolly and Balogun has played a lot of minutes together which will be vital for the run-in

I'm really not that worried about Mitrovic who doesn't seem to do particularly well against decent defenders. He's thriving in some of the poor teams in this league. He'll probably struggle to get 5 goals in the Prem and he was very average against Denmarks patched up defence last week. Fry is as good as you get in this league and so is Dijk and McNair so I think we can frustrate him and keep him quite. 

Yes. We need an outlet in the left otherwise it's too easy to contain Jones and Tav.

No.

Not really. I thought he actually came out well against Peterborough. Just unlucky it bounced like tht straight to an opposition. I'm more worried about his decision to punch that ball that Fry tried to play out for a corner. That was a really bad decision. The sweeping ability is obviously Wilders tactics allowing our defenders to press a bit higher and forcing the opposition to go long. Works fine here but probably not in the Prem where the opposition is technically better and will just play around.

• Like 1

All good things come to an end, and this is the end of our spectacular home form (although it kinda ended against Chelsea).

Mitrovic has walked the league and will sure enough be served up several clear cut chances by our erratic defense with Lumley again expected to act heroically. I mean, he has so little confidence in them we often seem him sweeping up on the half way line.

Connolly will undoubtedly start, run around a bit and then finally be substituted for someone who actually represents a footballer. Unfortunately, this will happen too late.

I appreciate my predictions have been highly accurate as of late, so bet your last pennies on this one - 4 nil to Fulham in a dominant away inspired performance.

Do not worry though, Maddo will inform us there's plenty more twists and turns and plenty to play for. Plenty more defeats more like. Ha.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, TheJew said:

All good things come to an end, and this is the end of our spectacular home form (although it kinda ended against Chelsea).

Mitrovic has walked the league and will sure enough be served up several clear cut chances by our erratic defense with Lumley again expected to act heroically. I mean, he has so little confidence in them we often seem him sweeping up on the half way line.

Connolly will undoubtedly start, run around a bit and then finally be substituted for someone who actually represents a footballer. Unfortunately, this will happen too late.

I appreciate my predictions have been highly accurate as of late, so bet your last pennies on this one - 4 nil to Fulham in a dominant away inspired performance.

Do not worry though, Maddo will inform us there's plenty more twists and turns and plenty to play for. Plenty more defeats more like. Ha.

20220401_141312.gif.2a927b77340e7330d49816d3c1e515e8.gif

• Haha 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Fulham 0-1