oneBoro Forum

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

1. Which two strikers do we go for this time?

Balogun and Coburn, with Watmore coming on second half.

2. How do we stop Mitrovic?

Stifle the supply line.

3. Should Bola be starting every game from now on?

If he's up to it physically, yes. Taylor gives us absolutely nothing offensively, and Tav needs to be midfield to give his best.

4. Would you make any changes to the lineup that started against Peterborough?

Drop Connolly in favour of someone who finds the net six times as frequently.

5. Thoughts on Joe Lumley's sweeping ability.

He doesn't have any? Not the worst keeper I've ever seen, but he puts the fear of God into me (and probably his defenders too).

If we get a draw from this game, I will be delighted. If we win, I'll genuinely be surprised. But any positive result will be an incredible shot in the arm for the team, and quite a message to send to the chasing pack.

Save Forest who just do what is required, no frills nor fuss but professional all the time.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch    

Agree with this. Connolly done absolutely nothing tonight. You would swear he wasn’t even on the pitch the way he played 🙄

Hi guys, your local Huddersfield fan here, been a while since I’ve posted. I’d deffo agree with a number of posters, neither of us are ready for it this season maybe. To be fair at the beginning of th

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Save Forest who just do what is required, no frills nor fuss but professional all the time.

Are they? In the last 7 league games they've drawn against Preston, Stoke and Sheffield United. Like the rest of top teams bar Fulham they will have wobbles in this league.

3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That was exactly my concerns after the Peterborough game where the result looked great on paper but we made some very basic and stupid errors that against a better side would have cost us.

after winning 'the battle' about 20min in we were the dominant force and pushed high up the pitch, as usual we left gaps and the direct long game was effective against us as usual. fulham will play on the floor much more and we will be much more cautious. 

we beat was was infront of us quite easily. didnt matter if we made errors or were a bit sloppy in that game. 

49 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

after winning 'the battle' about 20min in we were the dominant force and pushed high up the pitch, as usual we left gaps and the direct long game was effective against us as usual. fulham will play on the floor much more and we will be much more cautious. 

we beat was was infront of us quite easily. didnt matter if we made errors or were a bit sloppy in that game. 

The opening ten or twelve minutes were not easy and although we then dominated the next twenty or so and once we scored Peterborough had to commit themselves in an attempt to get an equaliser we had moments defensively throughout that should not have occurred against weak opposition. It wasn't planned or mitigated for, we were poor and sloppy at times at the back. Do that against Mitrovic and we will be toast. We done it against Sheffield United and were ripped apart, we even done it against lowly Barnsley and we were left with nil points. The mindset has to be consistent and ruthless, you can't turn it on and off and Boro clearly can't. I'm not saying let's go all Karanka but we can't accept sides like Peterborough making us look nervy.

6 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The opening ten or twelve minutes were not easy and although we then dominated the next twenty or so and once we scored Peterborough had to commit themselves in an attempt to get an equaliser we had moments defensively throughout that should not have occurred against weak opposition. It wasn't planned or mitigated for, we were poor and sloppy at times at the back. Do that against Mitrovic and we will be toast. We done it against Sheffield United and were ripped apart, we even done it against lowly Barnsley and we were left with nil points. The mindset has to be consistent and ruthless, you can't turn it on and off and Boro clearly can't. I'm not saying let's go all Karanka but we can't accept sides like Peterborough making us look nervy.

The only times they made us look nervy were a couple brain fart moments from Joe Lumley & one corner - where we have struggled all season.

In open play, we dealt with everything comfortably.

No team is perfect, the way we play we have to accept that sometimes we're going to take some risks. It is what it is.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

The only times they made us look nervy were a couple brain fart moments from Joe Lumley & one corner - where we have struggled all season.

In open play, we dealt with everything comfortably.

No team is perfect, the way we play we have to accept that sometimes we're going to take some risks. It is what it is.

Let's see what a couple of brain fart moments do against Fulham, personally I'd rather we eliminate as many as possible and certainly the more basic ones.

They should be the exception and not the norm, successful sides don't have several brain farts in a game they have a few over a season at most. Maybe we aren't good enough yet and just accept it, as Mogga would say "it is what it is" but I think we should be and are better than that. 

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Let's see what a couple of brain fart moments do against Fulham, personally I'd rather we eliminate as many as possible and certainly the more basic ones.

They should be the exception and not the norm, successful sides don't have several brain farts in a game they have a few over a season at most. Maybe we aren't good enough yet and just accept it, as Mogga would say "it is what it is" but I think we should be and are better than that. 

That's not the team being nervy at the back though, that's Joe Lumley being Joe Lumley and there's not much we can do about that until we can replace him in the summer. You have to accept the bad with the good sometimes.

Looking forward to this one. Has the feel of one of them games we win against the odds. 

Talking points:
1. Which two strikers do we go for this time?

Same as last time with Watmore and Coburn coming off the bench. Seems to work well.

2. How do we stop Mitrovic?

Punch him in the nose... Or is that sharks?...

3. Should Bola be starting every game from now on?

Yes. I missed his smile! I think he'll be better at the attacking wingback role than Taylor.

4. Would you make any changes to the lineup that started against Peterborough?

Same team for me. 

5. Thoughts on Joe Lumley's sweeping ability? 

I saw that he visited a school today. Hope he went to see the caretaker for some tips...

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

We’re a championship team with little experience above that level. Personal mistakes and brain farts happen at every club at this level. Even Fulham and Bournemouth concede chances. If we didn’t we wouldn’t be in this league. It is what it is at this level but we all hope we can keep it to a minimum. Fwiw I don’t think Lumley rushing out like he does is mistakes on his part. I think it’s a very clear instruction from Wilder that allows our defenders to stay high. That “punch” though is something he shouldn’t do again 🙂

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We’re a championship team with little experience above that level. Personal mistakes and brain farts happen at every club at this level. Even Fulham and Bournemouth concede chances. If we didn’t we wouldn’t be in this league. It is what it is at this level but we all hope we can keep it to a minimum. Fwiw I don’t think Lumley rushing out like he does is mistakes on his part. I think it’s a very clear instruction from Wilder that allows our defenders to stay high. That “punch” though is something he shouldn’t do again 🙂

The rushing out isn't the brain fart I was referring to with that, the decision was correct, it was the execution of it that is almost inexcusable!

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Fwiw I don’t think Lumley rushing out like he does is mistakes on his part. I think it’s a very clear instruction from Wilder that allows our defenders to stay high. That “punch” though is something he shouldn’t do again 🙂

The mistakes are more what he does once he's rushed out. E.g in the last game where he got to the ball first and instead of kicking it out for a throw in, he played it straight to a Peterboro player. 

• Like 1

Well we have a game  today against the most consistant and formidable team in the league who it seems are, according to many going to beat Boro due to our tendancy to make mistakes.

Last nights results and the fact Forest play today puts this game in the catagory of a must not lose situation with many and I include myself taking a draw as a good outcome.

We can not allow ourselves to hope other teams will slip up and drop points, no it should be down to the players knowing that they have got themselves in this position and a top 6 finish is certain if they produce results now that it really matters.

We are either going to see a magnificent Boro display or a capitulation because Boro do not nor are capable of producing results when it really matters. Lose tonight and we coud be below 6th place, win and boy will fans and the team really start to believe.

Paramount in all of this and I accept that sometimes it is not the case is the need to score first so players like Jones and Crooks need to perform and if Jones could take his runs into the box we could start earning penalties for his efforts if the opportunity presents itself..........................would love to see Jones get on the score sheet more often.

We will defend ok I believe if we are of a right mindset if out attackers and midfield allow the defence to do their stuff.

You need to play Fulham the way they themselves play, can we do that? I hope so.

Every game from now on is TMIGOTS let us all hope we get into their face hastle and hustle them and make them defend for their lives (after all losing to Boro will not stop their promotion but it can put us in a very strong position)

Come on Boro make us proud!

• Like 1

Looking forward to tonight but this game doesn't decide our season and it's important not to get down if we do lose against a Premier League side in all but name.

Hull at home on Saturday is the must-win. Then massive six-pointers against Bournemouth and Huddersfield that will feel like play-off games themselves.  

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Fulham 0-1