oneBoro Forum

I don't think our best XI contains Bola personally. Unfortunately the form Tav is in means moving him from centre midfield isn't really an option right now and i don't think Wilder will experiment with McGree as a LWB at this stage of the season. Bola is a relatively safe pair of hands, so i'd imagine we'd stick with him going forward.

No reason why we should be afraid of Fulham. I think it's going to be a cracking game and one we are more than capable of winning. I'm feeling bullish about this one.

• Like 4
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch    

Agree with this. Connolly done absolutely nothing tonight. You would swear he wasn’t even on the pitch the way he played 🙄

Hi guys, your local Huddersfield fan here, been a while since I’ve posted. I’d deffo agree with a number of posters, neither of us are ready for it this season maybe. To be fair at the beginning of th

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I don't think our best XI contains Bola personally. Unfortunately the form Tav is in means moving him from centre midfield isn't really an option right now and i don't think Wilder will experiment with McGree as a LWB at this stage of the season. Bola is a relatively safe pair of hands, so i'd imagine we'd stick with him going forward.

No reason why we should be afraid of Fulham. I think it's going to be a cracking game and one we are more than capable of winning. I'm feeling bullish about this one.

Like your optimism and share your thoughts.

Bola considered as goalkeeper not thought of that one🙃 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, Humpty said:

Are you kidding me?! Bola is quality.

37 minutes ago, Humpty said:

He’s steady away for a top 10 Championship club. That’s his ceiling.

Actually think he may excel under Wilder in the lwb role. He has one hell of a shot too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Humpty said:

He’s steady away for a top 10 Championship club. That’s his ceiling.

Maybe, maybe not. He's definitely in OUR best 11 imo.

2 hours ago, ChipBarrington said:

In my opinion, moving Tav to LWB to accomodate McGree at CM is like moving Gerrard to LM to accomodate Lampard and Scholes at CM. I like Bola and think he is a much needed addition to our run in, if he is fit.

Precisely. This idea we should take our form player out of the position he's playing his best in in order to solve a problem he's really not proved he's going to solve is not a good justification for putting him there.

I don't think we'd be a weak team with Tav at wing back and McGree in midfield but our midfield is undoubtedly better with Tav in there.

Bola when fit is a fine player to have out on the left hand side, at his best he's a pretty good threat in and of himself. And he's a more natural left sided player than Tav has ever been for us.

• Like 1

Agree with what has been said on Bola. I think all us fans agree that he is a much better LWB than a LB. He is therefore one of the stand out individuals who could really flourish in a Wilder system.

My only concern with him has nothing do with his ability but his injury record. Hence why the LWB position is a priority for me as we need someone of equal quality to him for that position to compete with him. 

7 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Agree with what has been said on Bola. I think all us fans agree that he is a much better LWB than a LB. He is therefore one of the stand out individuals who could really flourish in a Wilder system.

My only concern with him has nothing do with his ability but his injury record. Hence why the LWB position is a priority for me as we need someone of equal quality to him for that position to compete with him. 

Im accually of the opposite opinion regarding Bola. I think he's way better as a Left back. He's solid defensively, technically sound and good at generally playing safe.

I think he needs to show a lot more in the wing back role if he's to be considered our long term future there. Saturday was better, but still has a awful lot to prove (injury issues aside). He has the tools and technical ability to do it, but he needs to be far more aggressive and afraid to make a mistake in a attacking sense. Too often he just recycles position and takes the safe option. 

1. Which two strikers do we go for this time?

Honestly I would like to see Watmore & Coburn...but we all know Wilder will stick with Con-nearly and Balogun.

2. How do we stop Mitrovic?

world cup ringer fc GIF by The Ringer

...in theory at least. But since Boro can't defend it will prove impossible.

Ro Cant Stop GIF by Rosanna Pansino

3. Should Bola be starting every game from now on?

I'd like to say "Yes" but he seems a bit fragile. On this basis I'd only start him in our toughest games...like this one. Rest him for the "easier" ones.

4. Would you make any changes to the lineup that started against Peterborough?

Just the front two.

5. Thoughts on Joe Lumley's sweeping ability?

Jim Carrey Omg GIFOh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

(this is literally what I do every time he suddenly decides he's an outfield player)

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1

Just for you stat nerds and gamblers out there, its not looking good if you fancy a punt on the Boro.

Overall:    W26  D23  L29

Home:     W8   D7    L18

Away:       W18  D6   L11

Weirdly, Fulham seem to be one of those sides we do better against at their place, than ours. The Cottagers' last 10 visits to the Riverside make equally depressing reading, with the Smoggies managing a solitary win since April 7th 2004 (W1 D4 L5).

On current form another draw is on the cards, with Boro's solid home form coming up against Fulham's free-scoring shenanigans on the road (racking up two 7-0 thrashings at Blackburn and Reading).

Boro (Home):      W11  D1  L3

Fulham (Away):   W10  D4  L3

Of course, that assumes Wilder can find a way to nullify Mitrovic, who has scored more than some teams by himself. If Boro defend like they did against Posh, Fulham could well rack up their third 7-goal tally of the season...

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Fulham 0-1