oneBoro Forum

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

So many people want to change a team that just won 4-0 away from home, crazy!

Same 11. 

Some people want to keep the same team that beat the bottom team against the PL-quality league leaders...crazy!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch    

Agree with this. Connolly done absolutely nothing tonight. You would swear he wasn’t even on the pitch the way he played 🙄

Hi guys, your local Huddersfield fan here, been a while since I’ve posted. I’d deffo agree with a number of posters, neither of us are ready for it this season maybe. To be fair at the beginning of th

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Same 11. 

yes same 11 but connolly. 

just kidding, hes actually okayish now and hes better than balogun except the scoring bit.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Some people want to keep the same team that beat the bottom team against the PL-quality league leaders...crazy!

I was just about to point out the same, that Peterborough, bless em are League One standard and Fulham are Premier League level. Mitrovic on his own has scored more goals than Peterborough's entire squad this season.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

if he'd have rested half of the team then you have a point but you dont because he played his strongest 11. So are you suggesting we weaken our starting 11 vs the better team? 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

that was our strongest team though? As kev says, are you suggesting he weakens the team for Fulham?

8 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

if he'd have rested half of the team then you have a point but you dont because he played his strongest 11. So are you suggesting we weaken our starting 11 vs the better team? 

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

that was our strongest team though? As kev says, are you suggesting he weakens the team for Fulham?

I didn't say anything about changing half the team. Personally I'd change the front two - thats it.

I was mainly responding to NB4's comment about being crazy for wanting to make ANY changes to the team that beat a side destined for League 1, when coming up against the club who will very likely be promoted as champions.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

i think he just wants to play one or two of his fav players maybe drop connolly and bola for coburn and taylor for example. 

i understand people have their own preferences but wilder thinks thats his strongest 11 maybe we should just role with his decision. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i understand people have their own preferences but wilder thinks thats his strongest 11 maybe we should just role with his decision. 

This is pretty much where I land, to be honest. I do find it harder to suggest changes when we play pretty much the same team every game and we are racking up the points by and large.

The only real decisions that I think the manager should really be considering in my eyes are the LWB and strikers anyway. The LWB because we kind of have options for one of the first times under Wilder and its been a mixed bag on that side. And strikers because even now, there's no absolutely definitive player that any of us can agree on being the best for even just one of the two slots. Some have said Sporar and Watmore, others are happy with Balogun and Connolly. Then you now have Coburn right in the mix, despite being a young lad who doesn't seem the right fit for this system from the outset. He manages to grab goals regardless and is the only one with a good minutes to goal ratio.

Is it maybe worth considering taking Connolly out of the firing line and let Watmore run the opposition ragged then Connolly comes on against an exhausted defence and maybe bags a few goals giving him a boost?

Or even Watmore and Connolly both starting and running Fulham's defence ragged from the off chasing and closing them down forcing errors and earning free kicks. Then Balogun and Coburn taking over for the last 30 or so minutes or even heaven forbid Sporar?

It looks like Connolly can play with Balogun and vice versa but Sporar and Coburn can only play with Watmore. Maybe a shuffle of the permutations may bring better dividends. As Eric Morecombe would say, all the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order!

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Same 11. 

Only the Keeper, because he's as dodgy as .......
but we don't have a better one apparently

18 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Is it maybe worth considering taking Connolly out of the firing line and let Watmore run the opposition ragged then Connolly comes on against an exhausted defence and maybe bags a few goals giving him a boost?

Or even Watmore and Connolly both starting and running Fulham's defence ragged from the off chasing and closing them down forcing errors and earning free kicks. Then Balogun and Coburn taking over for the last 30 or so minutes or even heaven forbid Sporar?

It looks like Connolly can play with Balogun and vice versa but Sporar and Coburn can only play with Watmore. Maybe a shuffle of the permutations may bring better dividends. As Eric Morecombe would say, all the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order!

Connolly bagging a few goals against Fulham, tired or not, might be a tad optimistic mate 😄 

I agree, might be a good one for Watmore. Ultimately though, I don't think who we start alongside Balogun will decide the outcome of this one.

We get something out of this by cutting out the stupid mistakes at the back and everyone concentrating for 100% all game - they're good enough in attack without any gifts from Lumley or daft backpasses into Mitrovic's path.

Start like we have in some recent games and the match will be gone before we have time to react with goals of our own - Sheff Utd comes to mind.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

We get something out of this by cutting out the stupid mistakes at the back and everyone concentrating for 100% all game - they're good enough in attack without any gifts from Lumley or daft backpasses into Mitrovic's path.

Start like we have in some recent games and the match will be gone before we have time to react with goals of our own - Sheff Utd comes to mind.

That was exactly my concerns after the Peterborough game where the result looked great on paper but we made some very basic and stupid errors that against a better side would have cost us.

• Like 2

1. Which two strikers do we go for this time?

Balogun and Coburn, with Watmore coming on second half.

2. How do we stop Mitrovic?

Stifle the supply line.

3. Should Bola be starting every game from now on?

If he's up to it physically, yes. Taylor gives us absolutely nothing offensively, and Tav needs to be midfield to give his best.

4. Would you make any changes to the lineup that started against Peterborough?

Drop Connolly in favour of someone who finds the net six times as frequently.

5. Thoughts on Joe Lumley's sweeping ability.

He doesn't have any? Not the worst keeper I've ever seen, but he puts the fear of God into me (and probably his defenders too).

If we get a draw from this game, I will be delighted. If we win, I'll genuinely be surprised. But any positive result will be an incredible shot in the arm for the team, and quite a message to send to the chasing pack.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Fulham 0-1