oneBoro Forum

Still hurting from last night, probably because we deserved something out of it despite our passive first half.

It's absolutely fundamentally clear that we have to have players that can attack and pass forward in the wing back positions. The whole complexion changes when we do this.

The forward line remains the area we need improvement the most, still. Sporar and Connolly need to go. We need a top drawer striker both in work rate and finishing ability and this must be the priority.

As garbage as Lumley is, I'd also prioritise a midfielder over a keeper too. Howson can't go on forever and I think this actually aides our wing back problems as Tav is more than capable of switching to either side.

The team itself isn't far away. The back 3 (and 5 when inc. Bola and Jones) are more than capable. Tav, Crooks, Howson and Mcgree are fine as options too.

We are close to having a really decent side. Get the summer transfer window right and we should be right up there next season. Alas, this season I think we will just fall short.

• Like 1
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch    

Agree with this. Connolly done absolutely nothing tonight. You would swear he wasn’t even on the pitch the way he played 🙄

Hi guys, your local Huddersfield fan here, been a while since I’ve posted. I’d deffo agree with a number of posters, neither of us are ready for it this season maybe. To be fair at the beginning of th

Posted Images

We shouldn't even be contemplating any plan that involves Tav regularly playing in either wingback position. It's useful when we've got injuries and it's useful this season as our backups in Peltier and Taylor aren't particularly useful as wingbacks, but if we come out of this summers transfer window and view Tav as a legitimate option at wingback we are making a mistake. He's the best and most important player in the team and that's playing in midfield.

• Like 5
Just now, Will said:

We shouldn't even be contemplating any plan that involves Tav regularly playing in either wingback position. It's useful when we've got injuries and it's useful this season as our backups in Peltier and Taylor aren't particularly useful as wingbacks, but if we come out of this summers transfer window and view Tav as a legitimate option at wingback we are making a mistake. He's the best and most important player in the team and that's playing in midfield.

I'm not. Our first choices should be Jones and Bola. 

We still have Fisher to come back as well, although I don't actually know how attacking minded he is.

• Like 1

Disappointed but not hurting from yesterday. 

We played well {especially second half} and deserved something from the game. 

We didn't get what we should have due to the known weakness in our squad, which can only be resolved in future transfer windows. 

I'm going to look at the bright side and be happy with the level of improvement for our overall performances under Wilder. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

I'm not. Our first choices should be Jones and Bola. 

We still have Fisher to come back as well, although I don't actually know how attacking minded he is.

Fisher is definitely more a RB than a RWB. 

Under Warnock he struggled as an attacking RWB, but then that may be different under Wilder. 

2 hours ago, Humpty said:

Absolute nonsense. Both takes including @kentucky. We are more than ready for promotion and the top 6. That was a tight game that was decided by a handful of incidents which could've gone either way. We certainly didn't disgrace ourselves and if anything the disappointment we didn't win the game proves where we are as a team right now.

Well said but CW did allude to a self lack of confidence being a factor with some players. I wish some of the guys would simply shoot when opportunities present themselves rather than passing the buck to someone else with a pass and the opportunity wasted.

Seen this far too much this season with too many passes in the danger area, pity really!

• Like 1

We looked much more threatening with Bola on the pitch, was frustrated with Taylor picking up the ball refusing to put a ball through to Tav behind the defence and instead turning and passing it backward. A large amount of our chances come from overloads out-wide and having two limited players out there really hamstrung us last night. Looking forward to Bola and Jones being fully fit.  

A good performance all things considered and deserved something out of it, if only we had a player with the finishing ability of Mitrovic! Encouraging that we didn't seem outmatched against the best attack and defence in the league, onto the next game.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I did notice that Lumley was more vocal than usual last night. I heard him shouting a few times, which I havent noticed before yesterday 

From my POV in North, that's just how he is, he seems relatively vocal. He doesn't mind chatting away with the fans either.

He gets a lot of support from both ends of the grounds to be fair. Considering how much people seem to think he's crap, I really appreciate the fans mostly putting their problems with him to one side and getting behind him during a match.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Coulson is made of paper, he's been injured more often than he's been fit since his debut.

He's been at two clubs on loan this season and has been injured for almost all of it. Unless he's just been dropped from the squad entirely by bottom of the table Peterborough, which would be almost as concerning.

I just don't think he's particularly good, I'd be moving him on.

I'm happy with Bola as first choice LWB, I think we should be bringing in a solid back up in the summer.

Taylor has played his part and contributed well defensively whilst here, but I think he lacks the creativity we need on that side.

You know how much I love Coulson but even I have to admit his time here has to be up, now. When we had a crisis through January and we brought him back only to send him back out on loan, feels pretty telling of where the club's thinking is at. Whether its the injuries or just a plain lack of quality, he can't settle in either side we've sent him to this season.

Bola was superb last night when he came on. When you go out and buy a player you should always try to improve on what you have, I guess. So I wouldn't be against bringing in someone better than Bola but it really depends on the money involved. Bola certainly seems capable of doing the business at this level for a top side as long as he stays fit.

Bola imo is more than capable of playing at a higher level. He is technically very good, relatively quick and has a decent left foot on him with regards to shooting/ crossing.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

I was browsing the Peterborough forums after our game last week. They think Coulson is ***.

Hopefully that's a better quality of *** than the Tractor Boys thought and they should know their ***

3 hours ago, Brunners said:

I was browsing the Peterborough forums after our game last week. They think Coulson is ***.

Just found this on one of their forums about their loan signings:

"Coulson - has said he won’t sign permanently so GM refuses to play him now. "

But then there's also: 

"Or it could be that that the only other option we have is Haydn Coulson, who is rather ***."

I think that first half red card he got has made the mind up for plenty of them.

• Like 1

Hi guys, your local Huddersfield fan here, been a while since I’ve posted. I’d deffo agree with a number of posters, neither of us are ready for it this season maybe. To be fair at the beginning of the season I’d have said we’d be fighting relegation, having brought back numerous old players like Ward and Rhodes who simply can’t lead the line. Still we got a keeper from MK Dons for a pittance who is likely to end up player of the season and Sorba Thomas from Boreham Wood who on his day puts in the best crosses I’ve seen for a while.

Ill be at the game hopefully on Easter Monday. Day out with some Boro mates, who went with me to away match, even if due to weather it was a nightmare getting there and they met my friends for 10 minutes! What an embarrassing day that was. No matter how good you think Boro were, Town actually apologised after the game to the kids they’d let in for £1, stating that wasn’t a normal performance. They’d have been put off for life poor buggers. I’m hoping to get a ticket obviously to sit in our stand, but it’s Easter Monday and if the necessity arises my Boro friends will get me a ticket if possible. I don’t have a season ticket anymore. Cheaper to buy at £20 per match for a 70 year old, as I don’t go to night games. I can’t remember the last time we played Saturday at 3pm thanks to bloody Sky.

Anyway, good luck to both of us! Hope it’s a good game. In my view we can’t perform any worse.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Humpty said:

Because Lumleys confidence is more fragile than a chocolate fire guard in winter and he’s the best we have.

I disagree on this. I think recently he has actually shown a bit more of a belief. For example, sweeping out from the back takes some confidence. It’s not like he’s conceding everything put at him. 

• Like 1

Two things, he's been instructed to sweep because it clearly doesn't come naturally to him. He looked to the bench for approval after clearing the ball into the stands last night and Wilder gave him the thumbs up. Secondly and this is down to Lumley, he's built up his own confidence by not conceding any shockers.

Notwithstanding the above i don't think it would take much more than an alluding word or two from WIlder to bring it all crashing back down again. Something i'm pretty Wilder knows all too well.