oneBoro Forum

7 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Was Spiders the place with the blown speakers, where everything sounded like Nine Inch Nails even if it was actually Blink 182? 

I went there many years ago but I was stoned out my gourd. I don't think many people go there if they live a straight edge lifestyle.

Never thought I'd see a discussion about Spiders on a oneBoro match day thread haha. I went to Uni in Hull and loved Spiders (no drugs for me though!). Never saw a fight in there, everyone was chill (even the bouncers were nice older men who'd lie about what membership you had to the girls at the entrance so you could get in cheaper) the green pint cocktails that were about £5 and got you smashed after 2, the connect 4 they had set up on the tables, the burger counter inside the club... Brilliant place.

• Like 1
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disappointing today, and another mark against Wilder in my book unfortunately.  Midweek was as well although I think he perhaps got more of a pass because of the opposition, and because we came close

You can tell from Howson's super secret pre-corner ball bounces what the routine is going to be...  1 bounce = hit the first man 2 bounces = straight to the keeper 3 bounces = out the f

First game in 3 years for me, haven't seen us win since 2015 so hopefully the curse has been lifted 

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Looking forward to Connolly and Balogun back up front for this one with Jones as we really missed them against Fulham. 

What's the expression oh yes two out of three aint bad😄

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Never thought I'd see a discussion about Spiders on a oneBoro match day thread haha. I went to Uni in Hull and loved Spiders (no drugs for me though!). Never saw a fight in there, everyone was chill (even the bouncers were nice older men who'd lie about what membership you had to the girls at the entrance so you could get in cheaper) the green pint cocktails that were about £5 and got you smashed after 2, the connect 4 they had set up on the tables, the burger counter inside the club... Brilliant place.

Pulp Fiction Film GIF by hoppip

3 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Thinking of coming up myself for this one, are you going to the game alone or with others?

Heading over with the old man and meeting some family he still has over there 

We need a win today.

It's obviously not going to be decisive, but Bournemouth and Huddersfield will be much higher stakes and it takes away some of the pressure if we already have points on the board.

I think Bola could be the best LB in the division , but he as to stay fit ,and clean up some of his defensive responsibilities , 

Wilder gives me hope ,when he said he thought Carvalho is the best young player, a talented player that can frustrate , can't ever imagine Pulis or Warnock using him, I felt Patrick Roberts had something about him ,and can't understand what's going on with him, maybe it's between his ears , 

We need players ,who are too good for this division next season , with that arrogant attitude, let's hope Scott guy can find them

16 hours ago, boro-unger said:

The zombie! Spiders is ace!

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We need a win today.

It's obviously not going to be decisive, but Bournemouth and Huddersfield will be much higher stakes and it takes away some of the pressure if we already have points on the board.

I think a win today will be really decisive anything less thn 3 points is not good enough and I believe CW alluded to that.

We have to assume we will drop points against Bournemouth especially if we play in our away kit. 6 or 7 pints in the next 3 games including today will put us in a great position.

Will admit though when it really matters we usually end up disappointed.

12 minutes ago, LincsBORO88 said:

The zombie! Spiders is ace!

It might be now, it sure as hell wasn't in 2003. One night there made me yearn for the return of Blaises (where you would stick to the floor and sweat would drip from the ceiling into your drink on a regular basis!)

1 minute ago, Whoppy said:

Missing the game today due to a wedding and I’m absolutely devastated 😔

Really hope we win today. 

Hopefully not your own that really is ammunition for your bride!

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Hull 0-1