oneBoro Forum

Bit of an insipid half. Plenty of half chances, but we're finding it hard to break down the Hull defence (which is camped in their box). 

Lucky that Tav saved our bacon at the other end. I was sure that was in

• Like 1
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disappointing today, and another mark against Wilder in my book unfortunately.  Midweek was as well although I think he perhaps got more of a pass because of the opposition, and because we came close

You can tell from Howson's super secret pre-corner ball bounces what the routine is going to be...  1 bounce = hit the first man 2 bounces = straight to the keeper 3 bounces = out the f

First game in 3 years for me, haven't seen us win since 2015 so hopefully the curse has been lifted 

Posted Images

Frustrating first half.

Boro looked positive, tried to get forward and did a lot right...just not where it really mattered.

Hull caused a few defensive scares...the biggest requiring Tav to clear a shot off the goal line...but overall have been definitely second best to Boro for most of the game.

We should still be able to win this comfortably...Wilder just needs to tweak his game plan a bit.

• Like 1

Really need a goal in this game. If we get it then Hull have no choice but to come at us more. At the moment they are sitting 11 players behind the ball and frankly we don’t have the quality to break them down today. 

It’s all been to slow so far. Hull and the ref doing there best to kill the game. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Frustrating first half.

Boro looked positive, tried to get forward and did a lot right...just not where it really mattered.

Hull caused a few defensive scares...the biggest requiring Tav to clear a shot off the goal line...but overall have been definitely second best to Boro for most of the game.

We should still be able to win this comfortably...Wilder just needs to tweak his game plan a bit.

With Fry going off our options have been reduced sadly

• Sad 1

Got a feeling Wilder will be getting into them at half time because unfortunately that performance isn't good enough. No tempo, no idea when we get in the final third. 

For me, Connolly and Flo are too similar upfront. Run around a lot but don't really pose a threat. Very scrappy when they have the ball.

Watmore offers more because he's more intelligent off the ball and can finish better. I'd be hooking the front two off, Coburn and Watmore on. Tell Coburn to just get in their faces and be a nuisance and let Watmore find pockets in dangerous areas. 

Btw, Bamba is immense like. Would have loved to have signed him in his mid twenties

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Tuns said:

Got a feeling Wilder will be getting into them at half time because unfortunately that performance isn't good enough. No tempo, no idea when we get in the final third. 

For me, Connolly and Flo are too similar upfront. Run around a lot but don't really pose a threat. Very scrappy when they have the ball.

Watmore offers more because he's more intelligent off the ball and can finish better. I'd be hooking the front two off, Coburn and Watmore on. Tell Coburn to just get in their faces and be a nuisance and let Watmore find pockets in dangerous areas. 

Btw, Bamba is immense like. Would have loved to have signed him in his mid twenties

Bamba is better now than he was in his 20's he used to be a proper donkey player haha

• Haha 2

Hull look crap, we just look unbalanced and pedestrian at the moment. Balogun looks technically better than Connolly but you would barely notice he had started - Coburn needs to replace 1 of them. McGree reminds me a bit of Forshaw.  

Still the better of the two sides by far, just need to finish our chances. Feels like everything decent is going through mcgree so far, good touches and some direct play. Tav playing well too even at wing back.

10 minutes in, watmore on. 20 mins, coburn. Hope crooks doesnt get himself sent off

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Hull 0-1