• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disappointing today, and another mark against Wilder in my book unfortunately.  Midweek was as well although I think he perhaps got more of a pass because of the opposition, and because we came close

You can tell from Howson's super secret pre-corner ball bounces what the routine is going to be...  1 bounce = hit the first man 2 bounces = straight to the keeper 3 bounces = out the f

First game in 3 years for me, haven't seen us win since 2015 so hopefully the curse has been lifted 

Posted Images

Well that second half was a pile of *** after a decent first 45 minutes.

Seems Hull's game plan was to park the bus for 60 minutes, then look to nick a goal in the last 30...and thats exactly what they did.

After pretty well controlling the game in the first half, Boro lost their way badly, gave away possession too often in dangerous areas and generally lacked any kind of control. Also failed to make any inroads into the visitors' defence once they started to come at us.

Hull didn't need to be very good, just slightly better than Lumley.

Think this is the final nail in the coffin for anyone still harbouring hopes of a top 6 finish. In truth I doubt we'd have got past the first round, so for me its no big deal. What I'm really angry and upset over is just how poor Boro were. When Hull finally decided to have a go and win the game, we looked absolutely clueless, in addition to still posing very little threat up front.

This squad is going to need a major overhaul in the Summer, if Boro are to make a serious promotion bid next season. Far too many players that are largely passengers.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Is Connolly the worse striker we’ve had since. Like even Rudy was better. 

Rudy got 6 in 59 games,Connolly 2 in 15 including the deflection and the og.

Hard to call it

• Haha 5

Lumley is absolutely dogsh#t.

Crooks has been rank bad for ages. I think Crooks might be a bit of a Wilder favourite though so I doubt he'll ever get dropped.

Our striker options are pretty bloody horrific. I dunno if Connolly is Wilders secret love child or something to keep getting as much game time as he does. 

So annoyed about that game. I get the feeling this current team has a very poor mental game tbh.

• Like 2
Just now, Leesider said:

Rudy got 6 in 59 games,Connolly 2 in 15 including the deflection and the og.

Hard to call it

Kind of like comparing syphilis to chlamydia... 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, kentucky said:

There's a pattern teams ,in the champ who have good cup runs against big teams miss out on promotion, it's called burn out.

Just come back from an international break. Can’t blame the cup run in my opinion

• Like 1

I'll have to watch the goal back because my view was obscured by a mass of players.

I just had a feeling we were going to lose when Fry went off injured and we were dominating without ever managing to create a real chance.

Can't even rely on crosses because we were playing with 2 small strikers who are easily knocked off the ball. 

• Like 2

Think it’s harsh on Connolly, he actually finished our best chance. Shocking all round but Lumley is just a walking joke at this point. 

What have we done to deserve Bettinelli and him back to back 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

*** disgraceful.

The sooner we get shot of Lumley the better.

I never want to see Tav at RWB ever again, either. Shocking that we're so reliant on Jones.

Looking like a  poor decision that we didn’t address the situation in January. 

2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Lumley is absolutely dogsh#t.

Crooks has been rank bad for ages. I think Crooks might be a bit of a Wilder favourite though so I doubt he'll ever get dropped.

Our striker options are pretty bloody horrific. I dunno if Connolly is Wilders secret love child or something to keep getting as much game time as he does. 

So annoyed about that game. I get the feeling this current team has a very poor mental game tbh.

Aye, don’t really know how much bottle this squad has when the going gets tough. All well good playing out your skin against Spurs when there’s nothing to lose, but when it matters most I’m not sure we have it in us. 

Us and Forest were both flying, but they’ve gone up a level and don’t look like losing a game against anyone. 

I think Forest will win the playoffs. Cooper has done an unbelievable job there.

• Like 4
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I'll have to watch the goal back because my view was obscured by a mass of players.

I just had a feeling we were going to lose when Fry went off injured and we were dominating without ever managing to create a real chance.

Can't even rely on crosses because we were playing with 2 small strikers who are easily knocked off the ball. 

Here lays the problem we can not rely on Crooks getting into good positions to head a ball either.

He has flattered to deceive at times, however I am pointing at Howson also he needed to take charge along with Paddy.

Going through the motions is not good enough

• Like 2

I think if Jones is out much longer we need to recall Spence and put him on that right hand side to put the creativity we are missing back from Jones abense also will stop forest as well.

I've said this before but for me connelly and balogun combination doesn't work.

The keeper is the worst one I've ever seen at the club, surely we got an academy kid to try.....I mean it can't get any worse so why not.

It isn't said enough by the way - what were we doing letting Ikpeazu go because he "doesn't suit the system" when we still ping long balls to Connolly every game? He literally never wins them.

Easy to say in hindsight but Ikpeazu would 100% have contributed more than Connolly/Balogun have. He would have held the ball up and bought us time in the final third.

He might not have pressed, but let's be honest, we don't press very well anyway, so I really don't get that one at all.

• Like 6