oneBoro Forum

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'll have to watch the goal back because my view was obscured by a mass of players.

I just had a feeling we were going to lose when Fry went off injured and we were dominating without ever managing to create a real chance.

Can't even rely on crosses because we were playing with 2 small strikers who are easily knocked off the ball. 

Dont watch it back, it will ruin your mood. Absolutely baffling from Lumley IMO, like someone who never played in goal before.

• Like 1
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disappointing today, and another mark against Wilder in my book unfortunately.  Midweek was as well although I think he perhaps got more of a pass because of the opposition, and because we came close

You can tell from Howson's super secret pre-corner ball bounces what the routine is going to be...  1 bounce = hit the first man 2 bounces = straight to the keeper 3 bounces = out the f

First game in 3 years for me, haven't seen us win since 2015 so hopefully the curse has been lifted 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

It isn't said enough by the way - what were we doing letting Ikpeazu go because he "doesn't suit the system" when we still ping long balls to Connolly every game? He literally never wins them.

Easy to say in hindsight but Ikpeazu would 100% have contributed more than Connolly/Balogun have. He would have held the ball up and bought us time in the final third.

He might not have pressed, but let's be honest, we don't press very well anyway, so I really don't get that one at all.

Connolly is an enigma no doubt about it and the most marmite player we ever have had. You either like him or loathe him but the question is have we seen him improve? 

4 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

It isn't said enough by the way - what were we doing letting Ikpeazu go because he "doesn't suit the system" when we still ping long balls to Connolly every game? He literally never wins them.

Easy to say in hindsight but Ikpeazu would 100% have contributed more than Connolly/Balogun have. He would have held the ball up and bought us time in the final third.

He might not have pressed, but let's be honest, we don't press very well anyway, so I really don't get that one at all.

Here we go again... Ikpeazu couldnt get a game under Warnock who's whole game was long balls and has played 180 mins and failed to make a start for the team in 17th who also play that way.

He is a very bad player. Just because he is a big lump doesn't mean he would contribute anything. 

6 minutes ago, thomas said:

I think if Jones is out much longer we need to recall Spence and put him on that right hand side to put the creativity we are missing back from Jones abense also will stop forest as well.

I've said this before but for me connelly and balogun combination doesn't work.

The keeper is the worst one I've ever seen at the club, surely we got an academy kid to try.....I mean it can't get any worse so why not.

You can’t recall a player outside of transfer windows

Just now, Downsouth said:

Connolly is an enigma no doubt about it and the most marmite player we ever have had. You either like him or loathe him but the question is have we seen him improve? 

Connolly plays because Wilder brought him in and to not play him would be him admitted it was a mistake.

There's literally nothing more to it, really.

But I also don't think he's the source of our issues, that lies in our lack of quality out-wide (without Jones) and the fact we're carrying passengers in key positions (Crooks, Lumley).

• Like 2

Don't think I want to see balogun and connelly start up front again for us. Neither contribute enough. Balogun tries the neat tricks which rarely come off, neither of them close down enough. Needs to be either Watmore and coburn or sporar. As they work harder and can actually score goals.

Tav isn't a wingback, he definitely isn't a right wingback. His best form is when he's playing centrally. Hope Jones Is back soon b'cos we are awful without him. 

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

One loss but we can't overreact too hard, it's football. 

But we can Foogle because it is the timing of the defeat and because many of us know we are watching a pattern from Boro once again.

We do not deliver when it matters the most, it is who we are sadly

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

He was crap today but yes he's improved. Everyone was crap today. His confidence when he gets the ball in a shooting position looks very low atm. I wish we had someone more suitable to play his role who will also score goals but we don't right now. Hoepfully summer will sort that.

1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Don't think I want to see balogun and connelly start up front again for us. Neither contribute enough. Balogun tries the nest tricks which rarely come off, neither of them close down enough. Needs to be either Watmore and coburn or sporar. As they work harder and can actually score goals.

Tav isn't a wingback, he definitely isn't a right wingback. His best form is when he's playing centrally. Hope Jones Is back soon b'cos we are awful without him. 

Watmore and coburn didn't do much (after the first 5mins) either. And watmore and sporar did nothing on Wednesday. We don't have a consistently effective striker atm unfortunately, and I don't think that's changing till summer 

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Here we go again... Ikpeazu couldnt get a game under Warnock who's whole game was long balls and has played 180 mins and failed to make a start for the team in 17th who also play that way.

He is a very bad player. Just because he is a big lump doesn't mean he would contribute anything. 

We will never know anyway so the subject is a non starter.

I will admit NB4 I fail to see what Connolly  brings to the party

On McGree, I think he looks rusty but was our most effective midfielder today. A midfield of howson and crooks with no Tav in there is never causing problems for teams. If fry hadn't gone off injured I'd have been asking for dijksteel to be pushed to rwb and crooks dropped

Too many slow three touch controls then stop, look for a Red shirt, then pass it, stop take three touches, look for a Red shirt, then pass it, stop take three touches, look for a Red shirt, then pass it, stop take three touches, pass it sideways and then backwards, look for a Red shirt, then pass it, stop take three touches, look for a Red shirt, then pass it, stop take three touches, look for a Red shirt, then pass it, stop take three touches, pass it sideways and then backwards......... continue ad nauseum for 90 minutes and then wonder why we can't score.

Set Pieces? What Set Pieces? Send the big lads up then send a low cross to the front post which is easily cleared or better still lob it straight into the Keeper's arms. What the #%$£ do they practice at Rockliffe all week and as much as I can lay this at Howson and Tav it comes down to Wilder and Knill. Seriously WTF are you doing all week and have been doing for the last 6 months? The answer is patently obvious and its four letters followed by three letters.

Once again our Keeper let's in another soft shot from outside the box. Once again our Strikers are ferkin useless and inept to the point of it being no longer frustrating but totally and utterly predictable. If only the Grand National could be this level of Wilder predictability I'd be a Millionaire come 6.00 O'clock tonight!

Slow, pedestrian build up with no zip, no drive or purpose, no slick interplay or passing just slow metronomic dross. If this was Warnock or Pulis knives would be out. Too many Players were below garbage level, McNair was carp, Crooks even worse, Lumley a liability once again and all of them apart from Tav (despite him being she-ite at set pieces) was our best defender, our best attacker and best Striker let alone best midfielder whilst playing as a RWB despite being left footed. Crisps he was even our best Goalkeeper in the first half!

Wilder and Knill need a rocket up their jacksies after that no show then the squad collectively. What on earth do they think they are going to achieve by playing like incontinent Octogenarians? That was bleedin awful against a side that didn't have any confidence until 60 minutes into the game. Hull suddenly realised that Boro were on the brink of passing themselves into oblivion and that there was no threat from us.

Like I mentioned above, Pulis and Warnock would have been crucified for that "performance". Wilder needs to hold his hands up for his Jaffa Strikers and his sides abject lack of build up play. His entire team has collapsed since he has lost one player who was plying his trade at Queen of the South this time last season!

• Like 2