oneBoro Forum

Championship stats

Hernandez for Brum: 17 games (1421 minutes), 3 goals, 2 assists. He hasn't scored or assisted in the last 8 games.

Uche for Cardiff: 11 games (180 minutes), 3 goals, 0 assists. Hasn't started any games.

Connolly for us: 14 games (1028 minutes), 2 goals, 0 assists

Coburn:  14 games (331 minutes), 4 goals. Started 2 games

Given that Coburn and Uche are largely playing the same role, it was definitely the right call to keep Coburn over him. They've both had similar game time with Coburn having slightly better results.

Replacing Hernandez with Connolly looks to have been a downgrade. 

On the other hand

Balogun 14 games (771 minutes), 3 goals, 2 assists. That's the same amount of productivity as Hernandez in half the game time. 

Watmore 35 games (1,532 mins), 7 goals, 3 assists. 

Sporar 29 games (2,111 mins), 8 goals, 3 assists

Hernandez for us 17 games (787 mins), 1 goal, 0 assist

Putting it all together. Replacing Hernandez with Balogun is an improvement. Choosing Coburn over Ikpeazu seems like the right choice. Connolly has largely played instead of Watmore since he joined and has been a significant downgrade.

Then again, Sporar has only played 9 games this year with just 2 goals and 0 assists in that time. Having scored three games in a row over Christmas, a significant story is a complete loss of form and confidence from him since then. Since his winning goal against Coventry he has basically been a deadweight. 

Looking at the stats to date you have to figure that Balogun has been a moderate improvement and Connolly a moderate downgrade. The biggest issue though seems to be Sporar's loss of form. Admittedly Sporar, Watmore, Ikpeazu and Hernandez weren't doing much before January but the overall impact of the January window has been to make us slightly worse. That is probably less to do with Connolly's failure because Balogun and Coburn have slightly improved on Hernandez and Ikpeazu and more to do with Sporar's loss of form.

• Like 1
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disappointing today, and another mark against Wilder in my book unfortunately.  Midweek was as well although I think he perhaps got more of a pass because of the opposition, and because we came close

You can tell from Howson's super secret pre-corner ball bounces what the routine is going to be...  1 bounce = hit the first man 2 bounces = straight to the keeper 3 bounces = out the f

First game in 3 years for me, haven't seen us win since 2015 so hopefully the curse has been lifted 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Championship stats

Hernandez for Brum: 17 games (1421 minutes), 3 goals, 2 assists. He hasn't scored or assisted in the last 8 games.

Uche for Cardiff: 11 games (180 minutes), 3 goals, 0 assists. Hasn't started any games.

Connolly for us: 14 games (1028 minutes), 2 goals, 0 assists

Coburn:  14 games (331 minutes), 4 goals. Started 2 games

Given that Coburn and Uche are largely playing the same role, it was definitely the right call to keep Coburn over him. They've both had similar game time with Coburn having slightly better results.

Replacing Hernandez with Connolly looks to have been a downgrade. 

On the other hand

Balogun 14 games (771 minutes), 3 goals, 2 assists. That's the same amount of productivity as Hernandez in half the game time. 

Watmore 35 games (1,532 mins), 7 goals, 3 assists. 

Sporar 29 games (2,111 mins), 8 goals, 3 assists

Hernandez for us 17 games (787 mins), 1 goal, 0 assist

Putting it all together. Replacing Hernandez with Balogun is an improvement. Choosing Coburn over Ikpeazu seems like the right choice. Connolly has largely played instead of Watmore since he joined and has been a significant downgrade.

Then again, Sporar has only played 9 games this year with just 2 goals and 0 assists in that time. Having scored three games in a row over Christmas, a significant story is a complete loss of form and confidence from him since then. Since his winning goal against Coventry he has basically been a deadweight. 

Looking at the stats to date you have to figure that Balogun has been a moderate improvement and Connolly a moderate downgrade. The biggest issue though seems to be Sporar's loss of form. Admittedly Sporar, Watmore, Ikpeazu and Hernandez weren't doing much before January but the overall impact of the January window has been to make us slightly worse. That is probably less to do with Connolly's failure because Balogun and Coburn have slightly improved on Hernandez and Ikpeazu and more to do with Sporar's loss of form.

That's a great post actually.

Connolly is still turd though.

• Like 1

Something else to consider...In the past, teams have loaned players to us, and we responded by putting them on the bench. The consensus among neutrals is that CW is a great manager to develop young players (same with Cooper at Forest). Arsenal see Balogun as a future starter (I think), but he has a lot of developing to do. He could certainly do with at least one more season in the Championship, and I think we would be in prime position to have him again whether we are in the Championship or the Premier League.

Just a thought...I have no inside info etc.

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't even know who they play for 🤷‍♂️

And there was me thinking that you knew everything about football 🙄

On 4/9/2022 at 6:33 PM, pokeyjoe said:

No one is telling me Lumley couldn't have done ANYTHING with that 

NO ONE 

I think he's demonstrated numerous times this season he couldn't of done anything with that lol

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I don't even know who they play for 🤷‍♂️

one plays for fc victory the other for fc sometimes victory

31 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Really, really harsh this.  I'm sorry but I've had to report you for it.

I did notice that @Downsouth moved the thread into the archives almost immediately. You must have been on the case straight away. 

So can we start a thread  called@Changing Times “ doesn’t actually know everything after all?

It would be pure box office 

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

I did notice that @Downsouth moved the thread into the archives almost immediately. You must have been on the case straight away. 

So can we start a thread  called@Changing Times “ doesn’t actually know everything after all?

It would be pure box office 

Why must you hurt me so? 🤷‍♂️😥

• Haha 1
On 4/9/2022 at 8:11 PM, wilsoncgp said:

I'm fine with not going up this season but going up at all is a no-brainer for me, personally. I just don't think there's a huge difference between going up now or next season, whether we could win the playoffs or win the league, the jump is so big to the Prem that we will still need to be adequately reinforced and need new players to adapt to what the manager wants. It's gonna be a massive challenge either way so sooner or later, for me, doesn't make a difference.

aye we are going to have the same problem with our squad no matter if we go up this year or any year. We could have a great keeper and 30 goal a year championship striker but we will still have mostly a championship squad which needs topping up heavily with premiership quality players. We are never going to escape that no matter what year we go up, we could storm the league like fulham with the perfect team and I think we will still be fighting relegation, just like Fulham do with their billionaire owners. If they struggle even with the money behind them (with the ability to retain players after a relegation year) no doubt even in our most ideal situations we are going to hit the same issues.

On 4/12/2022 at 1:06 AM, TheJew said:

Options that Wilder has contributed to by getting rid of Uche and Hernandez.

needed to so we could stay within ffp, or we wouldnt have been able to bring in some of the people we did

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Rob said:

needed to so we could stay within ffp, or we wouldnt have been able to bring in some of the people we did

I'd put my house on Uche being one of the lowest paid players at Boro and the loan fees, wages and associated costs of either of the incoming Strikers far greater. Hernandez is probably no more or less than Connolly or Balogun.