oneBoro Forum

6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

But we can Foogle because it is the timing of the defeat and because many of us know we are watching a pattern from Boro once again.

We do not deliver when it matters the most, it is who we are sadly

Every teams fanbase will say the same about their team I assure you! 

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disappointing today, and another mark against Wilder in my book unfortunately.  Midweek was as well although I think he perhaps got more of a pass because of the opposition, and because we came close

You can tell from Howson's super secret pre-corner ball bounces what the routine is going to be...  1 bounce = hit the first man 2 bounces = straight to the keeper 3 bounces = out the f

First game in 3 years for me, haven't seen us win since 2015 so hopefully the curse has been lifted 

Posted Images

My thoughts on the game today. 

1- We are so flat without Jones. We literally just went outside every single attack but didn’t have the options to score from that. Madness how we kept on repeating that same tactic.

2- leadership on the pitch was lacking. Where was Howson motivating us through that game? We need someone to stand up and drag up up and around us. Tav tried, but didn’t have the help from them around us.

3- i don’t think the strikers are at fault either (hear me out). Connolly and Balogun are strikers who need service or balls in behind. We didn’t even play to their strengths at all.

4- today was a game where our lack of squad depth showed. 

5- Christ, someone have a shot and be direct at times. Test the *** keeper.

Annoying that we’ve lost but more annoyed we’ve lost without  really having a go

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Watmore and coburn didn't do much (after the first 5mins) either. And watmore and sporar did nothing on Wednesday. We don't have a consistently effective striker atm unfortunately, and I don't think that's changing till summer 

So basically it is all down to attitude and desire for Boro to do well, are we as much of a team we really thought we were?

Losing at home to Hull not acceptable and to be honest crushes fans hopes of at least being top 6.

We have endured crap for so long now with Pulis and Warnock this flutter with top 6 will leavemany devestated by the performances from the team

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Connolly is an enigma no doubt about it and the most marmite player we ever have had. You either like him or loathe him but the question is have we seen him improve? 

What is there to like about him exactly?!?

Is it is exceptional movement? His superior aerial ability?! His fast feet capable to beating a man and creating something out of nothing?! What about his goals per minutes ratio???

He runs around a bit. No way on earth is he Championship level, and I'd question whether he could make it in league 1 as well.

Absolutely garbage.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

My thoughts on the game today. 

1- We are so flat without Jones. We literally just went outside every single attack but didn’t have the options to score from that. Madness how we kept on repeating that same tactic.

2- leadership on the pitch was lacking. Where was Howson motivating us through that game? We need someone to stand up and drag up up and around us. Tav tried, but didn’t have the help from them around us.

3- i don’t think the strikers are at fault either (hear me out). Connolly and Balogun are strikers who need service or balls in behind. We didn’t even play to their strengths at all.

4- today was a game where our lack of squad depth showed. 

5- Christ, someone have a shot and be direct at times. Test the *** keeper.

Annoying that we’ve lost but more annoyed we’ve lost without  really having a go

Great post I am very disappointed with Howson and Paddy

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

What is there to like about him exactly?!?

Is it is exceptional movement? His superior aerial ability?! His fast feet capable to beating a man and creating something out of nothing?! What about his goals per minutes ratio???

He runs around a bit. No way on earth is he Championship level, and I'd question whether he could make it in league 1 as well.

Absolutely garbage.

Some do like him TJ others like you and I disagree with them😉

17 minutes ago, ChipBarrington said:

Dont watch it back, it will ruin your mood. Absolutely baffling from Lumley IMO, like someone who never played in goal before.

I just have, Jesus Christ.

It's another for his highlight reel, in no universe should that shot be going in.

I really hope we manage to sign a competent keeper in the summer.

Thankfully Wilder seems to have a good eye for them, so I trust him to get that right.

Ah its like the Boro of old the most Boro result going.

3 massive points lost. Thankfully missed this game so can't really comment on how they played. Only saving grace is results generally went our way. Although now means we need something from both Bournemouth and Huddersfield and at least a win in those games. Hopefully Jones will be back for Easter weekend. 

Gosh, why did he wave his arms afterwards indicating defenders got in his way.

Not blaming him we win and lose as a team and we were piss poor today everyone of them

• Like 1

Said it before and I'll say it again. Our January transfer business was a disaster.

Getting rid of Hernandez and Ikpeazu would have been OK if we had signed decent replacements. We didn't. We signed lesser players and this was a backwards step.

Mcgree may well be a decent player but fact remains he has barely played due to various reasons.

Not signing a goalkeeper and persevering with Clumsley was effectively shooting ourselves in the foot.

Not strengthening the wide areas is proving to be catastrophic with Jones now out.

Poor, poor, poor!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Foogle said:

One loss but we can't overreact too hard, it's football. 

Won 7. Lost 6. Drawn 2 in 2022 in the league. Thats not much of an improvement on what warnock was dishing up for the majority of his time. We're too predictable unfortunately and we're heavily reliant on one or two individuals to play really well to be effective. Wilder needs to address these issues next season because just sticking with plan A isn't working any more as the performances for the majority of the league games this year has been fairly poor even when we have won. 

With Hernandez around we had options to change things up as he could play as a winger or a 10 or up top now we have connolly who can't play anywhere and balogun who's only a forward we have no options to change anything and we basically have nobody who can effectively play wingback other than Jones yet we play this system every week. It needs looking at for next season otherwise he might find himself in mid table again and his shine will start to wear off. 

• Like 2