Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

Wilder saying only really Dijksteel coming out with much credit today. Says keeper should make a save and says worst home performance from his team so far.

Certainly sees what we do a lot of the time, I think. Makes a change from watching Howson get dragged round the pitch then Warnock coming out and saying he was the best player.

Whilst it's a disappointing result and performance, and it's his job to make sure they perform well and win today's game, I much prefer a manager that sees the game by and large the way we see it and saying as such in the aftermath. It's incredibly frustrating when fans can see the problems and the manager refuses to acknowledge them or deflects the blame onto something or somebody else.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disappointing today, and another mark against Wilder in my book unfortunately.  Midweek was as well although I think he perhaps got more of a pass because of the opposition, and because we came close

You can tell from Howson's super secret pre-corner ball bounces what the routine is going to be...  1 bounce = hit the first man 2 bounces = straight to the keeper 3 bounces = out the f

First game in 3 years for me, haven't seen us win since 2015 so hopefully the curse has been lifted 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Wilder saying only really Dijksteel coming out with much credit today. Says keeper should make a save and says worst home performance from his team so far.

Certainly sees what we do a lot of the time, I think. Makes a change from watching Howson get dragged round the pitch then Warnock coming out and saying he was the best player.

Whilst it's a disappointing result and performance, and it's his job to make sure they perform well and win today's game, I much prefer a manager that sees the game by and large the way we see it and saying as such in the aftermath. It's incredibly frustrating when fans can see the problems and the manager refuses to acknowledge them or deflects the blame onto something or somebody else.

Yeah good point, it was all the refs fault! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

we were poor and had one of those days when nothing came off. Says it all when the highlight was Connolly helping the lad to reach the touchline a little quicker. Poor ref, but no excuse for us not doing the business. taking four passes when should be one and too many players with Teflon boots. We don't seem to have anyone that can physically assert themselves when it matters and when it gets scrappy, then that is usually it. May be just my imagination, but two or three also look as though they are carrying injuries or just going through a bad patch. Either way, need to pick up point from every game or hope our rivals hit the skids too and we can sneak into sixth on the last day of the season  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Connolly is playing because Sporer doesn't give a *** ,

Another point , your right winger goes down, so why not at least have Joe Gibson on the bench. It keeps a balance , Tav trust but doesn't work .

I think Connolly at this point can only be playing for his movement. To be fair to him, he gets involved in the battle between midfield and attack, he did have a couple of moments today where he picked up the ball in a deeper area and turned it into something else. There was even that moment second half where he looked like he buggered up and he managed to turn it into a decent pass for Coburn when it unfortunately hit his back.

But similarly to Watmore, put a chance on a plate for him in the penalty box and I would not trust him to finish it. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go goalless until the end of this season right now. He has to do something bloody spectacular between now and the end of the season to make me think twice about not wanting to sign him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the game and only just read the result, not once twice and to say i am devastated would be understatement. 
Much to the displeasure of some I give my assessment on the team and while I admire and commend there effort we simply don’t have the quality. Still we have a chance, a slim one but I think we may just scrap the play off.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's incredibly frustrating when fans can see the problems and the manager refuses to acknowledge them or deflects the blame onto something or somebody else.

Surely it's just as frustrating when the Manager see's those supposed same problems but keeps selecting the same players and the same tactics. A Keeper who couldn't save postage stamps and Strikers who can't score because either they are garbage (notably of his choosing) or hoofed balls which doesn't suit them but because they ineffectually run around a lot like demented Jack Terriers with a Roman Candle up their derriere's he doesn't blame them?

I get that Ikpeazu and Hernandez weren't his answer but worryingly his answer makes those two look like world beaters which takes some doing considering one was a Donkey and the other a three legged race horse. As regards the Goalkeeping farce the predictability of it has gone beyond comical now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think Connolly at this point can only be playing for his movement. To be fair to him, he gets involved in the battle between midfield and attack, he did have a couple of moments today where he picked up the ball in a deeper area and turned it into something else. There was even that moment second half where he looked like he buggered up and he managed to turn it into a decent pass for Coburn when it unfortunately hit his back.

But similarly to Watmore, put a chance on a plate for him in the penalty box and I would not trust him to finish it. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go goalless until the end of this season right now. He has to do something bloody spectacular between now and the end of the season to make me think twice about not wanting to sign him.

I think he has a issue not being able to sort his feet out. He is either leaning back or stretching for the ball. I don’t see what he would bring to the club and expect him leaving. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

we were poor and had one of those days when nothing came off. Says it all when the highlight was Connolly helping the lad to reach the touchline a little quicker. Poor ref, but no excuse for us not doing the business. taking four passes when should be one and too many players with Teflon boots. We don't seem to have anyone that can physically assert themselves when it matters and when it gets scrappy, then that is usually it. May be just my imagination, but two or three also look as though they are carrying injuries or just going through a bad patch. Either way, need to pick up point from every game or hope our rivals hit the skids too and we can sneak into sixth on the last day of the season  

A direct route often produces a result and I don’t get why we are not shooting more to test keepers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

A direct route often produces a result and I don’t get why we are not shooting more to test keepers. 

Not in the Job Description!

"Run around a lot, huff and puff, throw yourself to the ground at every opportunity, raise your arms in the air in abject disgust, get up and run around some more"

Nowhere in there does it say that you have to score goals or create chances.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Surely it's just as frustrating when the Manager see's those supposed same problems but keeps selecting the same players and the same tactics. A Keeper who couldn't save postage stamps and Strikers who can't score because either they are garbage (notably of his choosing) or hoofed balls which doesn't suit them but because they ineffectually run around a lot like demented Jack Terriers with a Roman Candle up their derriere's he doesn't blame them?

I get that Ikpeazu and Hernandez weren't his answer but worryingly his answer makes those two look like world beaters which takes some doing considering one was a Donkey and the other a three legged race horse. As regards the Goalkeeping farce the predictability of it has gone beyond comical now.

None of our strikers are firing, we don't have a goalkeeping alternative. What exactly are you hoping for right now?

Aren't you also someone who criticised Daniels being selected before he was dropped too? What exactly are you expecting to be the solution to that?

You keep throwing Uche and Hernandez into the equation too as if they ever did anything to solve the frontline problem for us under either manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Not in the Job Description!

"Run around a lot, huff and puff, throw yourself to the ground at every opportunity, raise your arms in the air in abject disgust, get up and run around some more"

Nowhere in there does it say that you have to score goals or create chances.

 

Maybe this is why you're so keen on having Uche around, then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear just caught up. With so much at stake and we were at home that is possibly one the the worst games to date. Over the season we have thrown away some easy points but I don’t think we deserved any today. Strange because I normally applaud our effort right up to final whistle. Oh well I think we will know our fate after the next two games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...