oneBoro Forum

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

None of our strikers are firing, we don't have a goalkeeping alternative. What exactly are you hoping for right now?

Aren't you also someone who criticised Daniels being selected before he was dropped too? What exactly are you expecting to be the solution to that?

You keep throwing Uche and Hernandez into the equation too as if they ever did anything to solve the frontline problem for us under either manager.

I'm not the one defending the Manager versus the previous incumbent. Daniels is garbage and so is Lumley but nothing was done by Wilder in January to address that other than to bring back Brynn and then cast him aside ignoring him. Hernandez and Ikpeazu were mediocre to dross but then Wilder has managed to unearth even worse dross.

• Like 1
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disappointing today, and another mark against Wilder in my book unfortunately.  Midweek was as well although I think he perhaps got more of a pass because of the opposition, and because we came close

You can tell from Howson's super secret pre-corner ball bounces what the routine is going to be...  1 bounce = hit the first man 2 bounces = straight to the keeper 3 bounces = out the f

First game in 3 years for me, haven't seen us win since 2015 so hopefully the curse has been lifted 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

None of our strikers are firing, we don't have a goalkeeping alternative. What exactly are you hoping for right now?

Aren't you also someone who criticised Daniels being selected before he was dropped too? What exactly are you expecting to be the solution to that?

You keep throwing Uche and Hernandez into the equation too as if they ever did anything to solve the frontline problem for us under either manager.

I thought Hernandez was starting to play well for wilder when he had him up top. If we had of kept him I think he'd have start making more goal contributions. His performances around Xmas time were better than what Connolly gives us now for me. He was coming back from a long injury lay off so was always going to be a bit rusty at first.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Maybe this is why you're so keen on having Uche around, then.

I'm not keen on having Uche around, that's the sarcastic point that seems to be flying way over so many heads on here. He is a lumbering Ox at this level with limited ability yet I'd still pick him way ahead of the two that are supposedly a good fit for the Wilder way!

• Like 2

I don’t think Connolly or Balogun are even that bad. Just starved of service and baffling that we keep doing the same thing over and over again. 
Like today, would having Uche up front really have made a difference? At least there is a focal point for us to stick it on when putting it into the box. 

But, we could have had Mitrovic today and we still wouldn’t have scored. 

Just got back from the game. Worst we have been under Wilder. I get he wants us to play patiently, but I’ve never seen us be so conservative with the ball. Crooks was awful again (1 booking away now from 3 game suspension) thought McNair wasn’t the best or bola. Mcgree was tidy in spells but thought he over did it at times. Only player to come out with credit was Dijksteel for me. Connolly and balogun starved of service. The less said about lumley the better. Absoulute dire. Play off chances over? Hopefully not 

Just now, Guffie said:

Just got back from the game. Worst we have been under Wilder. I get he wants us to play patiently, but I’ve never seen us be so conservative with the ball. Crooks was awful again (1 booking away now from 3 game suspension) thought McNair wasn’t the best or bola. Mcgree was tidy in spells but thought he over did it at times. Only player to come out with credit was Dijksteel for me. Connolly and balogun starved of service. The less said about lumley the better. Absoulute dire. Play off chances over? Hopefully not 

Results went OK for us today we are still within reach but the concern is the performances dont look like what's required to catch back up. It's Jekyll and Hyde one game to the next. Something needs to change tactically or a couple of players need to really up their game until the end of the season. As the manager wilder needs to find a solution.

Assuming we don't go up, I really hope one of our transfer committee has the balls to tell Wilder to sit down when it comes to picking strikers. 

We've been pretty lucky really that we're likely to get a big windfall from Spence (and if any of our top players get bids) and I hate to think we blew it on the likes of Connolly. I'm pretty sure every striker Wilder has signed since Mcgoldrick have been proper duds....

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Results went OK for us today we are still within reach but the concern is the performances dont look like what's required to catch back up. It's Jekyll and Hyde one game to the next. Something needs to change tactically or a couple of players need to really up their game until the end of the season. As the manager wilder needs to find a solution.

Yeah I agree, I think our strikers are good enough this season. Not saying we don’t need improvement cause we do. But they get no service, the ball goes out wide and we just recycle the ball. The amount of times today mcgree had the ball on the edge and didn’t shoot was beyond me

My brother the optimist just got back from the game and when pushed on the subject of playoffs simply said, the team is running on empty and although it’s feasible I think we are unlikely contenders from what I witnessed today. Fair assessment given he never miss a game but I just have this niggling we will make the playoffs. Don’t ask me why but I just think we will.  

Think its unfair to say only Dijk came out with credit - Bamba and Tav did the best they could. McGree was very in out of the game.and needs to work on decision making and releasing (probably why he reminds me of Forshaw). Watmore did his best to create something every time he got on the ball. Think everyone else looked a bit scared to take responsibility and was happy to just play the safe pass, or was just generally poor. 

22 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm not the one defending the Manager versus the previous incumbent. Daniels is garbage and so is Lumley but nothing was done by Wilder in January to address that other than to bring back Brynn and then cast him aside ignoring him. Hernandez and Ikpeazu were mediocre to dross but then Wilder has managed to unearth even worse dross.

We didn't sign a keeper doesn't mean we didn't want to. If we come out of the summer with Lumley as our #1, I'll eat your tin foil hat.

Hardly casted Brynn aside either. He brought him back because we lost our third keeper. There's really nothing more to it than that. If we'd signed a keeper, Brynn would almost certainly be back out on loan but we needed a third keeper in the squad. We didn't get one so Brynn is that keeper.

Uche being crap is absolutely sod all to do with Connolly being crap. He does fit the way we play better in a general play sense, he has played better for us than Uche ever did, he just can't score goals either. Why it's in any way a stick to beat the manager with by saying here's a striker he sent out on loan who doesn't score goals but also doesn't fit the way we play is absolutely baffling to me. The problem isn't that we let Uche go, it's that we didn't sign someone better than Connolly. But it's also January in his first transfer window and you're making it out like it's a bloody disaster.

Sod it, let's sack the manager because he didn't solve the biggest problem our club has had since Patrick Bamford first came here in his first transfer window. Jesus wept.

28 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm not keen on having Uche around, that's the sarcastic point that seems to be flying way over so many heads on here. He is a lumbering Ox at this level with limited ability yet I'd still pick him way ahead of the two that are supposedly a good fit for the Wilder way!

That sarcastic point that is a genuine opinion of yours? 😅

2 minutes ago, ChipBarrington said:

Think its unfair to say only Dijk came out with credit - Bamba and Tav did the best they could. McGree was very in out of the game.and needs to work on decision making and releasing (probably why he reminds me of Forshaw). Watmore did his best to create something every time he got on the ball. Think everyone else looked a bit scared to take responsibility and was happy to just play the safe pass, or was just generally poor. 

Yeah maybe I was harsh to just say dijksteel get credit. Thought bamba did well, thought tav did ok but his decision making was off today. Watmore was our only driving force when he came on