oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Not good enough: Lumley, Hall, Bamba, Fisher, Olusanya, Ameobi, Akpom, Coulson, Bola, JLS, Sporar, Connolly

Sellable assets: Spence (15+), Tav, Dijksteele, Jones, McNair, Fry

Squad rotation: Taylor, Peltier, Uche, Howson

Remaining: Daniels, Brynn, Wood, Payero, Crooks, McGree, Watmore, Coburn, Balogun back on loan. 

anyone else disagree ?  

Edited by ManBearPig
11 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Not good enough: Lumley, Hall, Bamba, Fisher, Olusanya, Ameobi, Akpom, Coulson, Bola, JLS, Sporar, Connolly

Sellable assets: Spence (15+), Tav, Dijksteele, Jones, McNair

Remaining: Daniels, Brynn, Wood, Payero, Crooks, McGree, Watmore, Coburn, Balogun back on loan. 

anyone else disagree ?  

Wouldn't keep Taylor, Peltier, Ikpeazu or Howson.  Wouldn't get Balogun back on loan.  If we sold the sellable assets and were left with the remaining group and squad rotation you could probably pencil us in for a relegation spot.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Wouldn't keep Taylor, Peltier, Ikpeazu or Howson.  Wouldn't get Balogun back on loan.  If we sold the sellable assets and were left with the remaining group and squad rotation you could probably pencil us in for a relegation spot.

I’m not saying we should sell them, but we are a selling club and I think if a high price came in, we would probably accept. The sellable assets are our group we need to keep as our best players, but ones teams could come in for.  

I think if we are to progress as a club we need to upgrade on Howson, but I don’t think we will unfortunately. 

40 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

anyone else disagree ?  

I agree with the not good enough list but I'd get rid of all of the players in your squad rotation list.

I think Spence, Tav and Fry will go but I'm not convinced McNair will.  He seems happy here and not the type to rock the boat, and I don't think any club will offer enough to convince the club to sell him.

I'm not bothered either way whether we get Balogun back on loan.

2 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

anyone else disagree ?  

I think its hard to judge Fisher as didnt see enough of him and he was doing ok before he got his bad injury. I think Bola is good enough at least as part of the squad although I think there's certainly room to improve. I think Bamba is worth keeping around as well even if moreso pushing him towards the coaching side. He is useful for the odd game but 2 in 3 days is too many. Although tend to agree elsewhere .

The underlying problem with this team, is were too soft, some decent technical players , but not prepared to do the dirty work,we need two tall no nonsense brave solid centre backs who can defend ,set pieces, I'd move Dyksteel onto a defensive midfielders , Tavernier is too inconsistent , and you don't get promotion with too many of players like that, another right side wingback and left wingback, 

Strikers a must, but no projects , we need those you know what your getting all over the park 

It's a big ask ,but they are the facts , time for Wilder and Scott whoever to do their job

4 hours ago, kentucky said:

The underlying problem with this team, is were too soft, some decent technical players , but not prepared to do the dirty work,we need two tall no nonsense brave solid centre backs who can defend ,set pieces, I'd move Dyksteel onto a defensive midfielders , Tavernier is too inconsistent , and you don't get promotion with too many of players like that, another right side wingback and left wingback, 

Strikers a must, but no projects , we need those you know what your getting all over the park 

It's a big ask ,but they are the facts , time for Wilder and Scott whoever to do their job

No nonsense centre backs won't work in our system, high line and possession based 

Dont need drastic changes really, a solid keeper and a goalscorer and we'd have been comfortably in the play offs this season 

Full preseason under wilder provided hes staying

Address left side, keeper, squad depth and strikers and we'll be top 2 or thereabouts 

Edited by LBP
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, LBP said:

No nonsense centre backs won't work in our system, high line and possession based 

Dont need drastic changes really, a solid keeper and a goalscorer and we'd have been comfortably in the play offs this season 

Full preseason under wilder provided hes staying

Address left side, keeper, squad depth and strikers and we'll be top 2 or thereabouts 

I disagree. The formation has been sussed out. We can't play around the low block due to wingbacks coming from deep every time we go forward. I agree if we had more pace and directness down the left it would help but relying on cbs to be a crucial part of your attacking play to create overloads is a poor system for me. Not only are we vulnerable to counter attacks the opposition know to just allow dijksteel the ball and close the space around everyone else and then the vast majority of time nothing will happen. We simply don't create enough against teams who close the space down out wide and squeeze us. I don't think that will change even with a few additions to the squad. 

It got sussed out in the prem and they were getting beat to nil and sat bottom on only a couple of points when wilder was sacked yet he never changed anything and now its been sussed out in the championship. Him and knill need to have a rethink if they are staying here for next season.

10 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

It got sussed out in the prem and they were getting beat to nil and sat bottom on only a couple of points when wilder was sacked yet he never changed anything and now its been sussed out in the championship. Him and knill need to have a rethink if they are staying here for next season.

Not sure it was completely sussed out but it has definitely lost its novelty impact. I am seeing more teams playing 3 at the back with 2 strikers or a front 3 so I think it's more a case of figuring out how to adjust it. 

Looking at the last 5 games we have conceded 4 goals. 2 from poor defensive marking from a free-kick, 1 rank bad keeper error and 1 on the counter chasing a game.  Three of those 4 should never have happened. I think this is largely what happened in the Prem with Sheffield Utd. They kept narrowly losing games 1-0 when the higher quality of teams put them under more pressure than they could cope with the whole game.

I think what's happened is that Wilder and Knill have tightened up the system but at the expense of creativity going forward just as our forward line has collapsed and a couple of key players have lost form and/or fitness. 

• Like 1

We're not miles away, with a decent keeper we'd be in the playoff spots now. How many points has Lumley cost us? 

And with a decent striker I'm sure we'd have a few more points on top of that. 

Whether Wilder stays or goes we have the nucleus of a decent team. I think we obviously need a keeper and strikers and we need a younger version of Howson to play his role. I think that would be enough to get into the playoffs if we hold on to our best players. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Duvel said:

We're not miles away, with a decent keeper we'd be in the playoff spots now. How many points has Lumley cost us? 

Whether Wilder stays or goes we have the nucleus of a decent team. I think we obviously need a keeper and strikers and we need a younger version of Howson to play his role. I think that would be enough to get into the playoffs if we hold on to our best players. 

I'd agree with this. Between the boxes we're a decent side.

But we seem to concede a lot of goals from bad individual errors... And lack the killer instinct to turn pressure and half chances into goals. 

Which is why we come away from so many defeats thinking 'How have we lost that' when really we should have drawn or even won.

• Like 1

Sarr, is apparently out of contract, if Huddersfield don't offer him a new one he looked solid and mobile enough to be one of the 6 required CB's.

Liverpool get away with their high line due to pace, when Anf is not the last man we lack that pace.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Duvel said:

We aren’t miles away from a decent team but I think we are a fair distance away from having the squad for a Wilder team.

To play this way we are probably looking at GK, LCB, LWB, CM (possibly two) and two CF.  That’s 6-7 first teamers before we look at the squad.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?