oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

anyone watch much of the bundesliga ,ive been trawlin thru the rumour sites and i noticed were interested in a mainz forward, jean paul buotier or summat like that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/jean-paul-boetious-norwich-middlesbrough-watford/amp/

Jean-Paul Boëtius, a Dutch winger/attacking midfielder.

Can't see there being anything in that personally.

21 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I don't think he had more than an average game in his time with us, and more often than not he was poor. I don't think he would have made a difference. But a decent, fit back up to fry could have done. Just have to learn from it and strive for the 2 for every position model that karanka had, with your woodgates, bambas, peltiers of the world coming in for an odd game here and there, and every for 3 games in a week.

Hall is another one of those pointless Players I thought we should never have signed, mediocre to not bad on his day at this level, experienced to a degree but injury prone.

He was available however after the Bournemouth game and had to be better than a cream crackered Bamba at the time. If we didn't sign these types of players in the first place we wouldn't find ourselves in these situations.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Hall is another one of those pointless Players I thought we should never have signed, mediocre to not bad on his day at this level, experienced to a degree but injury prone.

He was available however after the Bournemouth game and had to be better than a cream crackered Bamba at the time. If we didn't sign these types of players in the first place we wouldn't find ourselves in these situations.

Last point is nail on the head. But it goes to show how hamstrung wilder was by what the previous manager did. He had these players in the squad that he had zero use for or desire to put in the team so he had to play the same 11 every week and they were busted by the end of the season.

You can point to his signings in Jan and of course they didn't do the job, but we couldn't just go out and sign a whole new side when we were stuck with so many of the previous regimes players. I'm reasonably confident that if we replace those players we'll look a completely different team, with the ability to rest players when tired. 

• Like 3
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Last point is nail on the head. But it goes to show how hamstrung wilder was by what the previous manager did. He had these players in the squad that he had zero use for or desire to put in the team so he had to play the same 11 every week and they were busted by the end of the season.

You can point to his signings in Jan and of course they didn't do the job, but we couldn't just go out and sign a whole new side when we were stuck with so many of the previous regimes players. I'm reasonably confident that if we replace those players we'll look a completely different team, with the ability to rest players when tired. 

Pretty much agree with all that and I think that is where my concern about the current link with Clark is apart from me not rating him. I get the experienced leader thing especially at the back but I just wish we would stop signing so many "wise old heads". 

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

Pretty much agree with all that and I think that is where my concern about the current link with Clark is apart from me not rating him. I get the experienced leader thing especially at the back but I just wish we would stop signing so many "wise old heads". 

I think it's a lazy link that's come up because he's at Newcastle and we need a centre back. I don't want him, and I really don't think he's on wilders radar. If he wanted some experienced defenders I think he'd be looking at his old sheff utd lads. I think he'll be sniffing around enda Stevens in particular.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Here's the video we shouldn't show to people we're trying to sell Lumley to 😂 

God he's horrendous

Bettinelli surely wasn't that bad was he? Managed to purge most of his games from my memory thankfully 

5 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

God he's horrendous

Bettinelli surely wasn't that bad was he? Managed to purge most of his games from my memory thankfully 

It's truly awful watching that. As bad as our forwards are you've got to say Lumley cost us more points than anything else this season. Horrendous player. 

Lumley is horrific but from what I remember Bettinelli was worse, at least Lumley had some alright games. Bettinelli used to spill every shot that came near him and barely made any saves.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/jean-paul-boetious-norwich-middlesbrough-watford/amp/

Jean-Paul Boëtius, a Dutch winger/attacking midfielder.

Can't see there being anything in that personally.

6 goal involvements in 30odd games and plays in positions we literally have no chance in seeing him in. I think there's a very good chance we are interested it sounds bang on for us that.

I wonder if he can run through brick walls n all?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Bettinelli was so bad I made this

Polish_20210407_160627372.jpg.7a967fb2fa3496fd1a2391fc45fe1627.jpg

Honestly I think he must have had some sort of mental breakdown. There's no way he was that bad when he got a call up for England only 2 years before it's just not possible or was it?

53 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Lumley is horrific but from what I remember Bettinelli was worse, at least Lumley had some alright games. Bettinelli used to spill every shot that came near him and barely made any saves.

This, he made Lumley look like a reasonably competent keeper.  His spills of what should have been easy takes, either ended up in a goal or pen for the opposition and I'm fairly sure one of them resulted in Morsy getting sent off.  His positioning was awful as well, especially for that goal away at Huddersfield.

• Like 3

Literally only his age. 35 in Nov that counts against him. Also released Luke Freeman. This was the lad at QPR who played that no.10 very well but has really struggled since moving to Sheff Utd for big money.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?