oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

32 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I'd ask about Dele Ali on loan.

Guy has surely burned his prem bridges atm. Has Gaston version 2 type signing all over it and we know Boro love a signing like that.

He'd work perfectly as a second striker in the same role Mcgoldrick did for Wilder at Sheff United.

Maybe if they're interested in Spence something could be done. 

There’s absolutely no chance Alli is going to drop down to the Championship, he will have plenty of premier league suitors but I think if Everton stay up they will start afresh with him over the summer. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

There’s absolutely no chance Alli is going to drop down to the Championship, he will have plenty of premier league suitors but I think if Everton stay up they will start afresh with him over the summer. 

He signed for half a season, hasn't made a start and has made a total of 9 sub appearances making up 220mins of game time. He's not had any injuries. What on earth makes you think that Everton will be happy to pay his 100k a week wages based on that?

13 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He signed for half a season, hasn't made a start and has made a total of 9 sub appearances making up 220mins of game time. He's not had any injuries. What on earth makes you think that Everton will be happy to pay his 100k a week wages based on that?

Everton won’t want the clauses to kick in either.

18 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Totally agree, not a chance of Dele Alli dropping into the Championship, England international whose  not had the best of times recently but class is permanent quality footballer, if he leaves Everton its for another PL club or abroad not the championship.

3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Totally agree, not a chance of Dele Alli dropping into the Championship, England international whose  not had the best of times recently but class is permanent quality footballer, if he leaves Everton its for another PL club or abroad not the championship.

His last good season was in 17/18, he had had 2 good seasons before that. He's had 4 rubbish ones since that. Class isn't always permanent, not when you've had more bad seasons than good in your career, and none of the good ones have been in the last 4 years. 

• Like 1

Really can’t see a prem move for him. There aren’t any Big Sam’s or Warnocks about who would take the gamble. 

It’s striking that Daniel Levy let him effectively leave on a free. 

3 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Bielk has been told to leave Derby county if he wants to feature at world Cup by Poland FA. He would be a great option if we kept him fit

To be fair we could probably get £3 million off his fee 

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Really can’t see a prem move for him. There aren’t any Big Sam’s or Warnocks about who would take the gamble. 

It’s striking that Daniel Levy let him effectively leave on a free. 

I can’t see Everton giving up on him 6 months after they brought him in. It probably doesn’t look good on him but they probably didn’t want to rush him into the team whilst they are fighting for survival. I think with a good summer under his belt he could have a much better season next year. If it doesn’t work out soon for him though then you do fear for his future in the game. 

16 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I can’t see Everton giving up on him 6 months after they brought him in. It probably doesn’t look good on him but they probably didn’t want to rush him into the team whilst they are fighting for survival. I think with a good summer under his belt he could have a much better season next year. If it doesn’t work out soon for him though then you do fear for his future in the game. 

I would be really surprised if he stayed. Everton are in real financial trouble. I expect most of their contracts won’t be renewed. They certainly won’t want to start paying Spurs money for Dele.  

On the field he has been in decline for 3 or 31/2 seasons. Rumours were Poch wanted to sell him. He’s joined Everton on a short term deal and you have thought he would be doing everything he could to earn a new deal.  I don’t think he has started a game for Everton.

He’s been a good player and there is a good player still in their but the risk doesn’t justify the reward. 

Just to change what I said earlier the only way he stays in the prem is if a newly promoted team or Newcastle go for him.

They signed him on a 2 and a half year deal, so he still has 2 years to go.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, he was absolutely quality once upon a time, but he's not performed for a long time and he's not going to have motivation here if he can't manage it at a bigger and better club.

• Like 1

Regarding Dele Alli, can anyone think of another player who has declined so much at a relatively young age? You see players decline cos of age, and sometimes injuries do for them, but he’s 26 and as far as I’m aware he hasn’t been knackered with injury.  He’s basically gone from being a very good player who potentially could have played for anyone to a shadow of himself. I was trying to think of other examples but I’m struggling.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Regarding Dele Alli, can anyone think of another player who has declined so much at a relatively young age? You see players decline cos of age, and sometimes injuries do for them, but he’s 26 and as far as I’m aware he hasn’t been knackered with injury.  He’s basically gone from being a very good player who potentially could have played for anyone to a shadow of himself. I was trying to think of other examples but I’m struggling.

Can't think of an example as extreme. There must be something going on off the field. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Only one that comes to mind is Bettinelli ..  seemed very promising early on and looks to have lost all confidence in himself

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Can't think of an example as extreme. There must be something going on off the field. 

Aye I was thinking similar. Still has years left as a player if he can find his best again though. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?