oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Maybe Heaton link is either lazy hearsay because we are getting that chap from Utd as our new GK coach or there some truth in it for the exact same reason and he been recommended to Wilder by the new chap

Not sure why Heatons age is being made such a massive issue of. Would someone younger be better? Yes but its a GK at 36 not a striker at 36.

Our last promotion winning GK was 37 i think and lets be honest, Heaton is 10x the keeper Dimi was when he became our no.1. All my respect to Dimi.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

I don’t think you leave Manchester United 3rd choice to become Middlesbrough second choice. Don’t see that myself 

Nor do I. But I also don't see us bringing a 36-year-old goalkeeper who hasn't played for 2 years out of the cold to be our Number 1.

I just think people getting worked up over a rumour needn't get themselves too worried.

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Maybe Heaton link is either lazy hearsay because we are getting that chap from Utd as our new GK coach or there some truth in it for the exact same reason and he been recommended to Wilder by the new chap

Not sure why Heatons age is being made such a massive issue of. Would someone younger be better? Yes but its a GK at 36 not a striker at 36.

Our last promotion winning GK was 37 i think and lets be honest, Heaton is 10x the keeper Dimi was when he became our no.1. All my respect to Dimi.

Think the only concern with Heaton is lack of game time, no doubting his ability he’s been a fantastic keeper and if he’s anything like he used to be would be a solid loan signing. Hopefully if it’s true it’s on the back of a glowing reference from our new GK coach 

I wonder whether the discussions Wilder had with Gibson at the end of the season after Burnley-gate included Wilder having a bigger say on transfers because I can’t help but feel a lot of these older players we are being linked with are coming through him. It kind of goes against what we were told after Scott joined the club…

There was a lad on Fmttm - probs BS but he reckons we were in for Kemar Roofe. Just thinking of the way @Raf smogworded his post ‘UK’ . I really hope not as Roofe is an injury waiting to happen. Would be a bad signing 

1 minute ago, "KM" said:

I wonder whether the discussions Wilder had with Gibson at the end of the season after Burnley-gate included Wilder having a bigger say on transfers because I can’t help but feel a lot of these older players we are being linked with are coming through him. It kind of goes against what we were told after Scott joined the club…

I really don't think it does go against what we were told. We have made 3 permanent signings under Wilder. McGree, Boyd Munce and lad from Watford. All 23 and under.

Our team clearly lacks experience and know how and we need some of it.

Unless you thought under Scott our entire squad was going to be made up of under 30s I am failing to see where the contradiction has occured between what was said when Scott was announced and what is seemingly happening.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18858565/man-utd-tom-heaton-middlesbrough-transfer-exclusive/

Loads of info here.

We want Heaton and are after a keeper called Liam Roberts too.

We also want Hamza Choudury from Leicester.

We also tried for Dean Henderson but its a no go.

Liam Roberts - Player of the Season at Cobblers, from what I've seen of him pretty reliable between the sticks. Pretty sure he'd be on a free too. Be a step up in terms of the level he's previously played at, but certainly capable as a steady number 2 or at least competition for starting spot. Which unfortunately is something we lack.

9 hours ago, Raf smog said:

Yes same source and no a couple at boro.  But get a lot of info from people not at boro

Any chance that we could be looking/hoping to get Twine as one or the future?

Thanks for sharing though mate was very pleased to see how well received you have been

4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

So we really need that Spence domino to fall…

But it seems we need the price playing down. Business is tricky. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks I suspect.

We are 10/1 3rd favourites to win the league. Get this sort of business done and we will be favourites.

8 hours ago, "KM" said:

Have things really picked up though because all I’m reading is more paper talk. 😂

Ah yes but now it is more credible and not simply guess work and let's throw a few names into the hat😉

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Any chance that we could be looking/hoping to get Twine as one or the future?

Thanks for sharing though mate was very pleased to see how well received you have been

Twine or O’Hare from Cov would be my ideal replacements if we do sell Tav.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?