oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, tmcc said:

i dont think there's any senario really spence is left at the club. Worst case i think he goes on loan somehwere, for which we would still get a couple of mil id imagine.

That would probably a 6 month loan with the a plan to sell him in january.

That is pretty much a nightmare scenario for our own summer recruitment though. Make no mistake, we need money in to spend it so if he doesn't go at all, we won't be spending as much as we'd like to and will potentially have to go further down our own lists. That's the only reason people are panicking, it's just not really *** the bed time yet.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

That is pretty much a nightmare scenario for our own summer recruitment though. Make no mistake, we need money in to spend it so if he doesn't go at all, we won't be spending as much as we'd like to and will potentially have to go further down our own lists. That's the only reason people are panicking, it's just not really *** the bed time yet.

but as others have pointed out, Wilder accepted the role at boro without the promise of 15-20 million for spence. Our plan was never based around that money till the later on in the season.

its a great addition to have, but i dont think were screwed with out it

• Like 2

If as mentioned Gyokeres is our first choice target and the likes of Besiktas start tabling serious bids I think that could force our hand but otherwise the club don’t need to rush 

• Like 1
Just now, tmcc said:

but as others have pointed out, Wilder accepted the role at boro without the promise of 15-20 million for spence. Our plan was never based around that money till the later on in the season.

its a great addition to have, but i dont think were screwed with out it

Wilder also left us all wondering if he really wanted to be here a couple of months ago so he's gonna have to do more to convince me of his acceptance of our position without that fee coming in for Spence.

By all means, I don't think he's been promised a fee we hadn't even negotiated but I'd be willing to bet him and Scott have been told we will reinvest either a significant amount or all of the fee we do get from the deal into the squad. I can't see how that changes nothing about our situation. We won't go on with our business as if we won't get the fee in case we do get it because that could be a waste of what we do have. We won't be able to do the business that we can do with the fee, without it in the coffers.

As I've said, panic time isn't there yet but when you see links to players you're after (such as Besiktas potentially coming in for Gyokeres)... who knows. It's a case of who will bite first and whilst we shouldn't bow to every whim of the clubs in for our players, we have to accept at some stage that it becomes too late. It's worth remembering for those not worried at all yet that patience is a way every player in this game can play. So we can sell other players? Well Spurs can buy other players. Patience isn't our key to victory, it's a silent battle between clubs of who wants to act first.

1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

Gyokeres linked to Besiktas. Apparently they were quoted €10m (£8m) if true and they didn’t give us a figure I’m guessing we’d have to pay more than that 

I’d imagine if he has a choice he’ll go there 

1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

I’d imagine if he has a choice he’ll go there 

Really?

Far more global exposure in England than Turkey, even in the second division.

The weather's better there, and he might get more money, but I don't think Turkey is seen as a particularly tempting option to many players.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Really?

The weather's better there, and he might get more money, but I don't think Turkey is seen as a particularly tempting option to many players.

Tbf there’s a chance he could be a one season wonder so taking a move to turner for more money and less intense league might be better 

If you listen to the club and the positive media, they are saying we don't need to sell Spence in order to buy the players we want! This in principle is true, what they are saying is that we have enough cash to be able to make the purchases with having to get the Spence cash first.

All the above is true, but what you are then asking SG to do is to dip into his own pocket and gamble that we do get £XXm for Spence which I don't think the club are willing to do because that could potentially put us in a weaker position for the future.  If we were to spend £20m and then only get £10m for Spence that would leave us in a weaker position for future seasons as we need to meet FFP. If we were to keep Spence on the books then it could leave us in an even weaker position as other teams know we need the cash in order to meet FFP and would then be forced into taking a lowball offer.

I dont think that SG is willing to gamble his own money to that extent!

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Really?

much higher wages and champions league football. Also a good season or two in turkey would earn him a move to top division side faster than another good season in the championship

tbh, I've got very little faith that we'll bring in all the players that Wilder wants/expects. Every transfer window starts with big promises and ends with a handful of usually key transfers missed out on.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm fully expecting Wilder to be making not-so-subtle comments about players he's missed out on once the season starts

• Like 1

With the drastic reduction in the wage bill we have made over the last 2 seasons, I would like to believe that even post pandemic the pot isn’t completely empty.

However the selling of Spence will possibly mean the difference between shopping at Lidl and Sainsbury’s respectively, so we’ll keep our powder dry and shop for the better quality players when we have the Spence cash and if the cash doesn’t come then we’ll adjust our targets accordingly.

• Like 1
Just now, chickenlunch said:

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm fully expecting Wilder to be making not-so-subtle comments about players he's missed out on once the season starts

Every club misses out on many targets every year. If Wilder starts making passive-aggressive comments about the ones he doesn't have then he'll be showing himself no better than the likes of Warnock and Pulis who spent their entire tenure blaming everyone but themselves.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

much higher wages and champions league football. Also a good season or two in turkey would earn him a move to top division side faster than another good season in the championship

Would it?

I can't think of too many notable players signed in the Premier League from Turkish sides in recent years.

I can think of countless Championship players.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Really?

Doesn't Turkey have a huge problem with not paying their players? Besiktas might not fall into that because of how successful they usually are, but still..

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Doesn't Turkey have a huge problem with not paying their players? Besiktas might not fall into that because of how successful they usually are, but still..

Yeah, you get plenty of stories about contractual issues coming out of the less prominent clubs.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?