oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can we just have a ban on all Juninho related usernames? After all, we know there's only one Juninho.

Juninho Bacuna....no wait, Juninho Pernambucano...no hang on, Juninho the goldfish my brother had when he was 5...wait, I've got it...

Wait @diggerlad07had a goldfish named Juninho🤘

• Haha 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

It was bad enough on here when people were trying to guess which profile belonged to a Gazette reporter. Now we're trying to guess who people were/are on FMTTM, it's getting as confusing as the Marvel metaverse.

Was a interesting  post to wake up too I must say.

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

It was bad enough on here when people were trying to guess which profile belonged to a Gazette reporter. Now we're trying to guess who people were/are on FMTTM, it's getting as confusing as the Marvel metaverse.

We all know CT is AV so could Juninho23 be Craig Johns?

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

The drop was more to do with the fact that he wasn't crossing the ball as much.  The high key passes figure comes from the fact he crossed the ball more than any other player in the league, and by quite a big margin - he made 3 crosses per game, the next highest was 2.2. Now, while he was at Cardiff I imagine he was encouraged to do just that given their strikers, and they did have one of the highest cross totals in the league.  At Blackburn however it became 1.6 crosses per game, with 1.5 key passes.  The previous season figures were 1.2 and 0.9 at Coventry, and 1.5 and 0.6 at Rotherham.  If our intention is going to be to cross the ball early and often then it'll suit him down to the ground but I'm not sure if that will be our plan.  It doesn't feel like what we've seen so far under Wilder anyway but that could be something that Wilder is looking to change of course.

I'm not trying to rain on a parade here.  The kid clearly has loads of potential.  But he's had one truly effective half season in the last two seasons, and that's really it.  I would suspect he'll be asked to do more here than he was at Cardiff, just hitting cross after cross won't do. He'll need to play more, and think more while he's doing it.  Defensively he is virtually non-existent as well, and given the fans treatment of certain other players here, he could end up getting grief for that side of things.  I hope not like but it happens unfortunately.

Did Cardiff play wingbacks with him? I’m fairly sure Blackburn played a flat back 4 which doesn’t allow so much attacking freedom. We need Giles to attack more, get to the byline like Jones of bring the ball into the box. Jones created so many chances by going to the byline or just past the last defender and cross the ball often low and hard. 

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

we signed giles? just seen on fb. wow thats a great singing. buzzing with that. 

Did mungosmum put it on Facebook as well? 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Did Cardiff play wingbacks with him? I’m fairly sure Blackburn played a flat back 4 which doesn’t allow so much attacking freedom. We need Giles to attack more, get to the byline like Jones of bring the ball into the box. Jones created so many chances by going to the byline or just past the last defender and cross the ball often low and hard. 

It does make the point that part of whether a player is a success is the system he plays in. For Cardiff he played 21 times with 9 assists. They seem to have played a mix of 3-5-2 and 4-2-3-1 with him playing left wing-back or left wing. For Blackburn he played 10 times with 1 assist but didn't play in a settled position or formation. Blackburn were also having Mogga's traditional new year nightmare.

Like Jones, he seems ideally suited to be an attacking wing-back/winger. He's probably a better crosser than Jones but we're not a team that focuses on crosses into the box so it'll come down to how good he is at picking the right pass. 

On paper he seems like the perfect pick for LWB. His loan history is good enough to indicate that he is Premier league quality when used right and he has enough experience now that this season really ought to be his breakout season.

You can't guarantee anything in football, but this looks like a A+ loan for the year.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

Think £500000 was reported as the fee. Scoucers valuation is ridiculous.

Did they sign him when he was in the final year of his contract with Preston? 

I think it was in a January transfer window too. £4m still an inflated valuation, if genuine though.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?