oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, Tarmo Kink Army said:

So Gayle is close apparently from what I’ve seen on social media but Gyokeres and Armstrong rely on us selling Spence to fund 

Maybe Gayle isn’t as expensive as either of the other two?

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Love how the OneBoro clique just get to derail threads and bully people 🙃 🤡 

I will have you know that I'm not part of any 'Clique' and im quite capable of derailling and bullying all on my own.

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, "KM" said:

It doesn’t matter, Wilder likes to rotate his strikers so you would expect all the strikers except probably Coburn to play similar number of minutes come the end of the season. Wilder doesn’t really have first choice strikers. 

This is a bit of an urban myth. Wilder doesn't actually rotate his strikers. In the promotion season, Sharp and McGoldrick started pretty much every game they could. He does routinely sub off one of his strikers after about 60 minutes. He only 'rotated' our strikers because none of them earned a place.

In general, Wilder is old-school and doesn't rotate. If you're in the team you get dropped if you're not performing. He doesn't generally rotate players in and out for fitness reasons. If he thinks you're the best option in that position and you can play, you play. 

image.png.e0b620c6cc17c387aa0ae007fcc7d28a.png

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Quite possibly, but he would also have next to no resale value unlike Gyorkeres

True that but maybe we don’t have the reported 8m to stump up for Goykeres until Spence is sold and we do have the 1-2m required for Gayle?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:
2 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

Diddnt an ITK say he had his pictures taken weeks ago? 

Did we have the new kit weeks ago?

We will have had at least a few shirts knocking about - I assume Ravanelli did his photoshoot when he had that 'Evening With...' night at the Riverside in April.

It would also explain why Lenihan wasn't wearing the right shorts in his video - we probably got them later.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, "KM" said:

It doesn’t matter, Wilder likes to rotate his strikers so you would expect all the strikers except probably Coburn to play similar number of minutes come the end of the season. Wilder doesn’t really have first choice strikers. 

I wish people would stop saying this.  Wilder rotated the strikers last season because none of them did enough to earn a starting spot outright.  If we find two strikers who are playing well and scoring goals then they will be the two strikers more often than not.  They'll play 35+ games this season, they won't be rotated, and we will have two strikers with far more minutes than everyone else.  When Sheff Utd were promoted under Wilder into the Premier League, McGoldrick had 3,200+ mins, Sharp had 3,000+ mins, the next highest striker was Leon Clarke with 900+, then Gary Madine with 600+.  There were only 12 players in the entire squad that started 20 or more games and the rest were all 9 games or below.  He doesn't rotate anyone really.  Save for injuries, suspensions, potential drops in form etc, you're likely to get the same team every week, which is largely what we saw this season ourselves.

Sorry Bruce, you beat me to it 👍

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?