oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

12 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Interestingly, that same article mentions that we spent around £4m on Payero last summer and remain in talks with Dwight Gayle.

Craig Johns said on twitter we only paid €3m 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Interestingly, that same article mentions that we spent around £4m on Payero last summer and remain in talks with Dwight Gayle.

I think people like McNair are way too comfy being good Championship players. He was the one I was thinking of. Perhaps Bola might have a limit in terms of ability but I don't think he is a bottler. 

Our squad excluding the likes of Hall, Uche, Coulson is tiny. Bombing people out is a risk when you don't know who you will be able to bring in.

Colin Todd tried it and it pretty much tore the squad apart.

Edit: Sorry quoted wrong message in my reply.

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

Bola isn’t anywhere near good enough. Cash in and reinvest for me. 

A likeable guy but not part of a top 6 team imo

Bola is a more than good enough left back and if we still played a system which used left backs, he'd be mostly irreplaceable at this level. Under Warnock's system, he was one of our standout performers (yeah, I know).

That said, he's definitely not a wing-back, and that's what we're needing now. For his sake, as well as ours, I hope he finds a club where he can continue to develop. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

If Bola goes I can see us getting a versatile left footed cb who can play LB as well.

I think we will sign a out and out left footed CB but can see a versatile one who can maybe play LCB and LWB as well to provide cover for both positions. 

What happened with Tommy Smith rumour? He played for Huddersfield and Stoke as a RWB / 3rd CB so could be a good shout

You’ve just described Marc Bola. He would be a great squad player to cover both of those positions if he just shows a little more character and steel. 💪

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Dortmund would be an interesting one. Can imagine them being a good club to deal with. The success stories of recent English players going there and doing well could tempt him. 

2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I still think Payero gonna leave if the club receive an acceptable offer and certainly sounds like Wilder would rather be without Bola 

Just now, PayeroAndParty said:

If they all left how many players would we be left with? 

Must have some signings lined up if all them all be lined up to leave you'd think.

None of them really need replacing though. It’s just more money in wages for us to use on our targets. We need 2 strikers anyway as a minimum, probably 3 and Hall is just a waste of a space and same with Coulson. It’s just bonus money for us really to play with. Always gonna leave.

With Bola and Payero though we would need to replace them 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?