oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

All Prem clubs have money to burn. And our asking price is within the bounds of all of them

Not enough money to burn to spend 20 million on a right back with one decent season. Only the top teams can take punts like that

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Robin Johnson said:

Spurs are over £700 million in debt - mainly due to White Hart Lane being rebuilt. Flies in the face of what I would define as a rich club

They just spent £40m on Richarlison and you're making out like they're destitute.

3 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Spurs are over £700 million in debt - mainly due to White Hart Lane being rebuilt. Flies in the face of what I would define as a rich club

they secured a 150m investment for transfer funding a few months ago

2 hours ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

What makes you think that? There’s still a number of clubs on standby, we hold the majority of the cards here.

2 hours ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

What makes you think that? There’s still a number of clubs on standby, we hold the majority of the cards here.

Because the options we seem to have are levy and Brentford. Levy is a tight ass and Brentford won’t pay more than 12 mil. Even the team played for last season have moved on. My feeling is, it will rumble on till we eventually accept less than we want

2 hours ago, Will said:

Wilder has said that Djed has made it very clear that he doesn't want to come back here. The club won't want him back and he doesn't want to come back, so I think it's pretty likely he doesn't come back.

4 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

You couldn’t afford it! Nice dodge by the way!!!

Your theoretical situation is that there are other teams willing to pay as much as Spurs (because otherwise my claim that Spurs is where the money is would be incorrect) and yet they are waiting for an invitation to bid.  It's unclear why they are waiting for this invite - maybe they are just overly polite and don't want to upset Spurs, maybe they've forgotten how to buy players, who knows.

None of this makes any logical sense.  No one is waiting for an invitation.  If others are interested we'll be negotiating with them already.  If Spurs are the only bidder at close to the price we want, then they are where the money is.

Turning down Spurs means we turn down the best offer we have - otherwise we'd be selling elsewhere.  If you tell the top bidder to do one, that naturally lowers the competition.

As to the house - link me on Zoopla, I'll see if I've the cash on hand. 🙃

4 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Debt is largely irrelevant as long as it can be serviced. It’s like someone buying a £1m house and then saying they’re skint because they’ve now got that debt. 

They've got plenty of money, deal is £15m up front plus add-ons 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Robin Johnson said:

That may well be the case however they do carry a fair amount of indebtedness 

true, but it's manageable debt

Just now, Lurker said:

Debt is largely irrelevant as long as it can be serviced. It’s like someone buying a £1m house and then saying they’re skint because they’ve now got that debt. 

Is It done Lurker or still ironing out the add ons? I'm sick of it and can't wait till it's done.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Still believe it's done?

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

thanks Lurker, serviced is a much better word for it.

Do you know why things are being delayed/held back?

it has to be for the benefit of at least one party? 

17 minutes ago, jmdapd said:

Somebody linked to Rockcliffe has told me that Spence hasn't trained today and they aren't sure if he's even returned today. Make of that what you will

Well, one journalist said he was back and doing everything he was asked this morning and the gazette just tweeted this - 

Reckon your mate is one of the many boro fans looking to ruin Spence's name as much as possible. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?