oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, Juninhos magic hat said:

Callum Styles and Callum O Hare would do it

Callum Styles is a good shout. Left footed and can also play wing-back. That being said I think he has lower end prem interest so probably a difficult one to pull off.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Humpty said:

You’ve actually taken only part of what I said into consideration with your reply. I said they’ve bought players with traits that they believe they can develop. That’s not always been the case. It’s a longer term strategy and something we’ve not really committed to in the past.

Roberts is young for a goalkeeper. Mark Schwarzer was only 25 when we signed him for example.

Sorry I thought I did when I said we’ve always bought players with traits that we’ve identified. Any young or younger player would fit that bill surely?  I mean, Dijksteel, Bola, Browne, would have been those types of players. Then look at other signings such as De Peña, Wildschutt, Forshaw, Clayton, Friend, Ayala, Fletcher, I could go on.  I do get what you mean in terms of not just looking for instant fixes, I think that’s what you’re saying anyway, adding players who might not be integral now but potentially could become more important over time?  I just don’t know if that is these players or if we are just taking flyer on some cheaper players and hoping they come good.

For me Tav can go!

The only thing he does consistently is run around and waste set pieces, his corners can be atrocious at times, ive lost count of how many times he has failed to get it past the first man and his free kicks rarely trouble the keeper.

When things dont go his way he acts like a petulant child.........he is certainly not irreplaceable especially for anything over £12.5m.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
21 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The teams that have got promoted have done so because they've recruited well. The same applies for us, we need to recruit well this summer if we need a chance of promotion.

That is what we have failed to do for a long time now. For about three years under Mowbray and AK we did recruit well but that's it. 

It's not just bad choices, it is inconsistent choices and lack of any sort of joined up approach. I counted 25 players bought in since January 2021 (not counting this summer) and precisely two are left in the first team squad: Crooks and McGree. 

Hopefully, under Scott, we will at least have some sort of plan but I'm not seeing any sort of evidence that our ability to spot and recruit the right players has improved. 

To be fair, Steffen, Giles and Lenihan all look like good signings and are probably around the minimum standard that a top 6 club should be going for. However we're not even halfway there yet when it comes to next season.

• Like 1

If we do sell Tav that will be when we see if Scott can earn his salary, also if we sold him for say £15m how much do you think the club would be prepared to pay on a replacement? £5-£7m?

Callum Styles as a Tav replacement is a great shout. If we get £15m for Tav and replace him with Styles for £3m its excellent business. My Barnsley supporting mate said Barnsely are always a dream to deal with given how little they sell for.

As its Sunday and its quiet. Who are good reasonable LCB and LM options for us with Davies wet for Rangers and if Tav leaves

LCB: Greaves, Gibson or Hause. Anymore?

LM: Styles. Anymore?

2 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

For me Tav can go!

The only thing he does consistently is run around and waste set pieces, his corners can be atrocious at times, ive lost count of how many times he has failed to get it past the first man and his free kicks rarely trouble the keeper.

When things dont go his way he acts like a petulant child.........he is certainly not irreplaceable especially for anything over £12.5m.

I believe he was the only midfielder in the Championship last season who was in the top 10% of both tackles made and key passes made.  Essentially there aren’t that many players who can actually replace him unless they are all hiding away somewhere. It could be tricky to find someone like for like but maybe we could buy more than one player and become better overall in that way.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, uncle_rico said:

Unfortunately this board appears to be heading the same way as FMTTM. There are certain posters who feel the need to criticise, ridicule and abuse certain other posters when they post something. At least there isn’t much politics in this thread.

All that will happen is that many of the really good posters will stop posting.

I'm a very infrequent poster on here these days, precisely due to the constant bickering and intolerance that's rendered this thread unreadable at times.

There's some very good posters, but sadly also a significant proportion of people who seem to be fairly unpleasant, petulant and self-absorbed in their views.

No doubt this will evoke a fairly predictable response, from a fairly predictable cohort of posters, but I give the view because it's a shame that what used to be a decent and enjoyable board has been reduced to this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

For me Tav can go!

His set pieces are fairly poor but them aside he's the best player we have by quite a considerable distance 

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

His set pieces are fairly poor but them aside he's the best player we have by quite a considerable distance 

Even the dullest diamond shines in a bucket of turds

15 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

For me Tav can go!

he's in the top 10% in basically all the attacking categories.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?