oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

His brothers plays in a horrendous league that apart from Celtic and Rangers the rest of it is League 1 & 2 standard. If you put Tavernier in a league and asked him to play against teams at Port Vale's standard he'd get loads of Goals & Assists.

Comparing him to his brother who sat playing in a *** league in his prime. He's failed in both the Championship and League One but because he's got lots of goals and assists playing against *** teams people think he's unreal. He scores penalties and puts in loads of crosses against terrible opposition. 

Rangers did well in the Europa league but they didn't play anyone great. Not one team would have finished Top 6 in the Prem. 

we’re not in the Prem 🤷🏻‍♂️ And I think the standard of the teams they played in the europa league (on the way to the final), are a cut above most of what we play week in week out. I’m not saying he’s a bad player. He’s just not that special

8 minutes ago, Humpty said:

The window doesn’t close for over a month. What’s the issue? 

I've got no issue. I'm just raising the point that the articles you've linked are all empty words at the moment. The extent to which the recruitment department has actually been revamped will be made evident on the pitch over the course of this and subsequent seasons. It's a debate to revisit in a years time.

12 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

His brothers plays in a horrendous league that apart from Celtic and Rangers the rest of it is League 1 & 2 standard. If you put Tavernier in a league and asked him to play against teams at Port Vale's standard he'd get loads of Goals & Assists.

Comparing him to his brother who sat playing in a *** league in his prime. He's failed in both the Championship and League One but because he's got lots of goals and assists playing against *** teams people think he's unreal. He scores penalties and puts in loads of crosses against terrible opposition. 

Rangers did well in the Europa league but they didn't play anyone great. Not one team would have finished Top 6 in the Prem. 

2 minutes ago, El1986 said:

we’re not in the Prem 🤷🏻‍♂️ And I think the standard of the teams they played in the europa league (on the way to the final), are a cut above most of what we play week in week out. I’m not saying he’s a bad player. He’s just not that special

Also, nearly every club in the world wouldn’t make it into the top 6 in the Prem. there’s only 6 places for a start 😁

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

They wouldn't get that much anyway, that would defeat the object of selling them

Only if the object of selling them is to strengthen the bank account and not the team.

1 minute ago, JTG said:

I've got no issue. I'm just raising the point that the articles you've linked are all empty words at the moment. The extent to which the recruitment department has actually been revamped will be made evident on the pitch over the course of this and subsequent seasons.

Will said the recruitment department hadn’t been revamped. I was merely pointing out that they’re in the process of doing that.

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Will said the recruitment department hadn’t been revamped. I was merely pointing out that they’re in the process of doing that.

The article talks about one guy, who we didn't end up bringing in, so I feel that I'm still justified in saying that it hasn't been revamped.

Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

Well I don't think the squad at the moment is equipped to compete and who knows if the players needed will even arrive before the window closes.

We won’t miss out on promotion due to those 7 games. We will if get our recruitment wrong. That’s the most important thing.

• Like 2
Just now, Will said:

The article talks about one guy, who we didn't end up bringing in, so I feel that I'm still justified in saying that it hasn't been revamped.

😂 I’m out for the evening. Sleep well

4 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

fingers crossed for a quick start to the week, Get 2 announced by Tuesdays game to save this thread.

Steffen and Smith will surely be announced tomorrow?

• Like 6
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?