oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I'd like another creative wing-back or impact sub winger.

If one of Giles or Jones gets injured we're back to relying on one wide player to create chances for us. 

Tbf to smith he got six assists last season from rwb that’s not to bad for a back up 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

There is a place near me that does banana on pizza and that's passable better than banana in an omelette. 

My wife's company makes a hot chicken banana matoke soup. It's very tasty.

From what I’ve seen of Forss he looks ruthless in front of goal. Seen a lot of Brentford fans saying he’s probably the most natural finisher at the club but his all round game isn’t good enough for the prem.

Hopefully with Giles and Jones either side he gets plenty of chances and can prove to be clinical. At our level we don’t really need the complete forward, we just need a bagsman.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, JTG said:

From what I’ve seen of Forss he looks ruthless in front of goal. Seen a lot of Brentford fans saying he’s probably the most natural finisher at the club but his all round game isn’t good enough for the prem.

Hopefully with Giles and Jones either side he gets plenty of chances and can prove to be clinical. At our level we don’t really need the complete forward, we just need a bagsman.

I think it’s easier to develop all round game than natural goal scoring ability

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I know but both are more defensive players. Bola can do a job there but doesn't really offer much going forward. He's a LB so he's more suited to the LCB role. Last season we had the issue where Jones got doubled up on as we didn't have an outlet on the opposite side. If one gets injured we'll have the same issue.

I actually think Bola is top-class attacking full-back or wing-back. Defensively stronger than Giles but not in the same league offensively. That said, he loves to get forward and has a wicked shot on him. I think the problem is actually a lack of self-confidence and being injury prone; all the injuries he's had are possibly preying on his mind a bit when he goes in for a tackle. Last season was a horror show for him; the social media stuff and injuries meaning he missed a lot of the season and wasn't up to speed when he came back. If he gets his head right and manages to stay injury-free, I think he's definitely a championship standard option at wing-back. Giles is clearly Premier league class but maybe a season as an understudy will take the pressure off Bola a bit and let him develop properly.

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I know but both are more defensive players. Bola can do a job there but doesn't really offer much going forward. He's a LB so he's more suited to the LCB role. Last season we had the issue where Jones got doubled up on as we didn't have an outlet on the opposite side. If one gets injured we'll have the same issue.

Smith isnt more defensive, hes pretty attacking

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Smith isnt more defensive, hes pretty attacking

Smith is more defensive than Jones. I'm happy with Smith as backup to Jones.

My concern is if one of Giles or Jones gets injured. We've got a similar situation to last season relying on one wide player.

I'd like another option at wing-back on the left side. Bola I'd keep as backup to whoever we sign as the starting LCB.

I'd look to sign a backup to Giles or even a winger we can bring of the bench as an impact sub in the last 20 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I actually think Bola is top-class attacking full-back or wing-back. Defensively stronger than Giles but not in the same league offensively. That said, he loves to get forward and has a wicked shot on him. I think the problem is actually a lack of self-confidence and being injury prone; all the injuries he's had are possibly preying on his mind a bit when he goes in for a tackle. Last season was a horror show for him; the social media stuff and injuries meaning he missed a lot of the season and wasn't up to speed when he came back. If he gets his head right and manages to stay injury-free, I think he's definitely a championship standard option at wing-back. Giles is clearly Premier league class but maybe a season as an understudy will take the pressure off Bola a bit and let him develop properly.

I don’t see a top class attacking wing back or full back. Maybe top class at League 1. He’s a sufficient back up to Giles at this level but no more. He really took off for us during the Covid period when there were no crowds, so you’re probably right about his confidence but that doesn’t really bode well.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?