oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Either way, I really doubt he will be dipping back down to this level.

Also that article seems to think he is a forward...

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Either way, I really doubt he will be dipping back down to this level.

Also that article seems to think he is a forward...

They are direct quotes though from his mouth 

Just now, AllBoro10 said:

They are direct quotes though from his mouth 

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but where does it say he is looking at the Championship?

It is far more likely he will sign on at a PL either on loan for some mid-table PL side or a permanent deal at Forest

34 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Was Forss deemed good enough to play for Brentford in the championship? 

Sorry, I read it and saw championship but for some strange reason read it as Prem.....god knows why?

30 minutes ago, notjade said:

Well they ain't in the championship are they?

see above for my admission of stupidity!

25 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Yes you are right in one sense, but they have not been deemed not good enough, they are still on their books and so must have belief in their ability still, I have said they come with risk too. I just think their (Muniz and Archer) stats v game time v goals against championship sides (or above) is better. Equally I have no idea if they are affordable and willing to sign so it could be a moot point, but if Forss is to be who we rely on as a starter, I have not seen one good argument to justify the excitement given to him by some for him to be delivering the goals needed for promotion. I accept he may provide the goals, but the stats so far don’t back that up for me thats all, I expected better than him after the end of season comments, as a third or fourth striker I have no issue, but I doubt the club will see him as that, he will be given every chance by me as a supporter when on the pitch if indeed he signs as expected. 

I get your point, that's fair enough. I can see that the evidence stacks up that there is more of a chance that the others are possibly more likely to find the onion bag than Forss, but you are looking at paying 2,3 & 4 times the price for those players and when you are talking about millions of pounds, millions! It shocks me sometimes how people throw around these figures as insignificant numbers, but they are not just loose change and paying £4m for a hot prospect and leaving cash in the kitty for other players is less of a risk than paying £15m for one player............Don't put all your eggs in one basket is an apt proverb and one that we perhaps should take heed of, something that we have not done in the past.

As for the excitement, well, I get excited with almost every signing we make. There are people making the decisions on these players that know a lot more about football than I do and I'm happy for them to continue to do so, they are doing it with goal in mind, fair enough sometimes that goal might be to steady a ship, sometimes its for a promotion push, sometimes its a project.

Roll on Saturday, Ra! Ra! Ra!

2 minutes ago, T-CIDER said:

Prem players cant be loaned to other prem teams can they?

think it's 1 player from any single club. but I don't know how many in total

e.g. Taggart villa to toon last season.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, BoroJake said:

Forest are signing a new centre mid so you would presume that is them out of it. Really don’t particularly see the point of him going to bournemouth and I doubt he does either. Practically guaranteed to go down in my opinion

point is payrise and play in premier league, and if we went down realistically they would be favourites over us for promotion, and if he stays and we went up wouldnt we be practically just as guaranteed if not more to go down also? 

14 hours ago, Changing Times said:

The massive pay rise?  Playing in the Premier League?

exactly, don't see why people think Bournemouth is a step down from us when its a step up even if they were not promoted.

14 hours ago, BoroJake said:

I think he could do far better than bournemouth though by waiting another season or until january

this is probally why the lad himself is not activly pushing for any transfer because he has the security of a new contract any time he wants to put pen to paper or can bet on himself and see where we end up end of the season or the season after where he could get a free transfer and get bumper wages and signing on fee

13 hours ago, TLF10 said:

His performance and not his transfer fee or wage will dictate whether he is regularly in the starting 11, on the bench, in the stands or sat at home.

just go ask Akpom, Uche and Grant Hall if your transfer fee and wage alone will you get a place in the squad. 

thats approx 3m total transfer fees combined for 3 players, hardly massive fee's hanging over peoples heads that would force them to be played, even us can swallow looses like that in the transfer market as you win some loose some when comes to sales 

12 hours ago, DevKWat said:

12 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah weird if his contract run out next summer, maybe we are getting a bit of a loan fee?

They are odds on probs either paying a loan fee, or are paying partial wages (which I don't think he earns enough for this to be a factor) I'm guessing maybe a part of it is to see how he does to sell in jan if offers come in or release end of season for free.

11 hours ago, DocMartin said:

I also get you are excited for the new season and good on yer. However to describe someone as a good finisher when they have 9 goals in 65 Championship and cup appearances ( I appreciate he didn’t start all those games by a long chalk) isn’t prolific. Coburn has 5 in 22 inc f.a.cup, a record i would respectfully argue is better, he scored against Spurs too. Now why should Josh be behind Forss? We both know he will be, we deserve better for the first team than Josh, not a worse record, I feel for Josh and think our own player with arguably a better record stats wise gets pushed down the pecking order just in case we can make a few bob in the long run. Now he might prove to do so, but does Josh’s progress, get hampered, who is to say Josh will or wont be better? Not me, but I doubt Wilder or anyone at the club could say.

If they are not so much better than we have why take the risk buy them is my view. It is a speculative gamble in my view that could pay off but could easily backfire, hence my confusion about the expectation being built on an unproven player not wanted by a team we want to emulate.

confused.com

he's getting a goal every 2x 90mins on average, even more in just our league, don't think we can ask for more from any striker and we arnt going to be buying many if any strikers that are proven in championship and also the premier league, because if they are still good premier league players then they would be getting a game for premier league clubs and not dropping down to play for us.

I hope I’m wrong. But I don’t see Garner wanting to drop back down to the championship. He had a brilliant promotion season with forest, he will probably try ply his trade in prem for now. If nothing comes by end of august he might bite the bullet and drop back down to championship 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, T-CIDER said:

Prem players cant be loaned to other prem teams can they?

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?