oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, NorwichBoro said:

I struggle to see a negative with hoppe 21 6”3 he went for 3 mill last summer and made 7 appearances and yet is still worth up to 2.5 he’s low risk and high reward. Got a lot to play for as well for his American future

Yeah, seems like decent business for Mallorca.  Lost only 500 grand despite him not getting a game. 🙃

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, borobaz said:

I think this is probably more down to an opportunity that has presented itself, rather than specifically hunting it down... Which they've decided is worth the risk and within budget without affecting other plans.

I also think they wouldn't have spent £2.5m on him, if £2.5m was the difference between getting a 'top' target or not.

Oh yeah I don’t think he is stopping us from signing someone else.

• Like 1
Just now, NorwichBoro said:

I struggle to see a negative with hoppe 21 6”3 he went for 3 mill last summer and made 7 appearances and yet is still worth up to 2.5 he’s low risk and high reward. Got a lot to play for as well for his American future

i dont think its a bad transfer. we dont have to money for 4 strand larson's. we spend big on one and the other have to be on a budget. they a low risk, high reward types. la liga is pretty rubbish for a tall striker isnt it. they all tent to me technical sides who just pass the ball around trying to be barca on a budget. bloody braithwaite did well there and he was useless in english football. the slower more relaxing pace helped him. hoppe looks like a typical english player. he will feel much better with us. hopefully he can do well. just have to wait and see.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NorwichBoro said:

I suppose the risk would be that he isn’t very good.  I mean that he turns out to not be very good.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Does he? Have you got any clips I can watch?  The highlights I saw were his goals, him trying to win a header and getting fouled, him trying to pass the ball to someone and it being blocked, and one of him losing the ball.

How did I know you'd come back with that? 😄

No, I don't keep clips I've watched online in case some random wants an internet argument I'm afraid 😜

Clips I've watched involve him scoring comfortably with both feet (hattrick), dropping deep and being comfortable with the ball at his feet, not afraid to take players on. He got an assist against Barcelona and is a USA international at the age of 20 (Yes, I appreciate the quality of some of the opposition wasn't the best!)

The main thing is what he does in the future, and when/if he signs, what's the point in harbouring doubts because of his past seasons as a 19-20yr old making his way in 2 top flight leagues? 

18 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I mean this with the greatest respect but I am glad you are not in charge of transfers then. No way would I be paying £15m for a striker whose had one good season in the championship. its too much of a gamble and one we do not need to make after Britt.

We are talking about paying over 8 for a player who has had no good seasons in the championship.

I'm excited by Hoppe signing personally. 

I see it as a low risk, high reward type signing. The proof will be in the pudding but I feel he will add what we were missing last season when Connolly was chasing balls that weren't made for a short player.

• Like 3
Just now, borobaz said:

How did I know you'd come back with that? 😄

No, I don't keep clips I've watched online in case some random wants an internet argument I'm afraid 😜

Clips I've watched involve him scoring comfortably with both feet (hattrick), dropping deep and being comfortable with the ball at his feet, not afraid to take players on. He got an assist against Barcelona and is a USA international at the age of 20 (Yes, I appreciate the quality of some of the opposition wasn't the best!)

The main thing is what he does in the future, and when/if he signs, what's the point in harbouring doubts because of his past seasons as a 19-20yr old making his way in 2 top flight leagues? 

I just wanted to see some clips 😳

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

£2.5m peanuts?

Strikers! A bit like looking for a car. The one you really want is always just that bit more than you're prepared to pay, so you end up with a Compromise L, instead of a GT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I suppose the risk would be that he isn’t very good.  I mean that he turns out to not be very good.

OK, but surely the risk is that every player isn't very good? Unless you're spending a tonne of cash?

We've always taken expensive punts on older, established players that have still been crap for us, so why not at least take these risks on younger players (with past high promise) that have a higher ceiling, should all it takes is a run in a team suited to his abilities? Spence and Jones are 2 examples recently of players that no-one would ever push for the club to bring in, but they've turned into fantastic assets almost out of the blue.

The only difference is £2.5m. If Hoppe was free or 500k, I doubt we'd be having this conversation. The main thing is, this only should be an issue if we don't get our targets in. If we end the window with Forss, Hoppe, Watmore, Akpom and Coburn... That's worrying.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Erimus 63 said:

Strikers! A bit like looking for a car. The one you really want is always just that bit more than you're prepared to pay, so you end up with a Compromise L, instead of a GT.

Why not just keep Watmore and Akpom as our 4th and 5th strikers and use that £2.5m to buy the one we really want?

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Why not just keep Watmore and Akpom as our 4th and 5th strikers and use that £2.5m to buy the one we really want?

Hoppe in my eyes is better than both of them. Watmore isn't a finisher but good enough to stay and I think Akpom speaks for itself, he wasn't even wanted my Wilder at the start of pre season.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?