oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Why can't we match the asking price for larsen they only asking for a few more million and we just sold Tavernier christ we are penny pinches at times 

I get it’s frustrating but this is the complete wrong attitude to have and is exactly what FC Groningen want us to do. Also what I presume is around £2-4million isn’t ‘penny pinches’.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jorgen-strand-larsen-middlesbrough-interest-24694141

Gazette repeating the line that the deal is dead for Strand Larsen unless Groningen lower their demands.

Also repeating that we're only after 2 strikers, which would seem to mean it's over next week when Hoppe signs and if Muniz signs.

I'd take that, I think our priority needs to be numbers in midfield and trying to replace Tav

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, LBP said:

So it is looking like Forss, Hoppe, Muniz, Akpom and Watmore 

Disappointing imo 

I dunno, if we're bidding for Larsen, and Hoppe really wasn't an alternative, then that means we would still want Larsen or a player in his place, surely?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Why can't we match the asking price for larsen they only asking for a few more million and we just sold Tavernier christ we are penny pinches at times 

You think a 22 year old with one good season is worth £12m? I can understand Groningen setting that price but we would be silly to pay it

7 minutes ago, LBP said:

So it is looking like Forss, Hoppe, Muniz, Akpom and Watmore 

Disappointing imo 

Very disappointing… and unfortunately, I fear, not nearly good enough for a promotion charge. And that’s not even taking our midfield and defensive frailties into account. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

because in the championship "only a few million" isn't just a few a million..

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I get it’s frustrating but this is the complete wrong attitude to have and is exactly what FC Groningen forget want us to do. 

Ikr ‘only a few more million’ lol, PayPal gibbo the money over since it’s obviously pocket change to you…. That ‘few more million’ will translate to an extra £200k per month coming out of the club, that’s equivalent of another couple of players wages. That extra few million could mean the difference between getting a decent CM in or not….

Also I don’t understand why Muniz has suddenly became this ‘meh’ striker causing ‘disappointment’ to people. 12 months ago we were wetting the bed for him, fuming at the club for not offering more money and raging at bausor for not getting it done quick enough. Now that he’s actually played and scored in the championship and is rated by Fulham fans who’ve seen him live, we don’t want him anymore??

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

because in the championship "only a few million" isn't just a few a million..

We most likely paid more for balogun and Connolly than these lot are asking for extra. We need a  half decent number nine desperately or the seasons over before September ends 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Also I don’t understand why Muniz has suddenly became this ‘meh’ striker causing ‘disappointment’ to people. 12 months ago we were wetting the bed for him, fuming at the club for not offering more money and raging at bausor for not getting it done quick enough. Now that he’s actually played and scored in the championship and is rated by Fulham fans who’ve seen him live, we don’t want him anymore??

I want the Mitrovic not his back up who cant get a game 

We've clearly got 10m+ to spend so if the alternative to the likes of Larsen/Gyokeres is Muniz on loan, then who wouldn't be disappointed? 

After watching that other interview about him being frustrated about the bids being rejected I’m pretty confident of us getting him now. Once people get into the mindset of wanting something then they usually get it, he’s probably half checked out of Groningen mentally by now.

This totally reminds me of #freejellevossen I’m surprised it isn’t trending on twitter yet lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LBP said:

I want the Mitrovic not his back up who cant get a game 

We've clearly got 10m+ to spend so if the alternative to the likes of Larsen/Gyokeres is Muniz on loan, then who wouldn't be disappointed? 

It’s clearly not the alternative though is it, it’s been obvious we wanted Muniz 2 weeks before anyone had even heard of Larsen. We want both of them, we will get Larsen or I won’t be surprised if we bid for that Navarro since that WhatsApp message has been pretty accurate give or take some things.

17 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Ikr ‘only a few more million’ lol, PayPal gibbo the money over since it’s obviously pocket change to you…. That ‘few more million’ will translate to an extra £200k per month coming out of the club, that’s equivalent of another couple of players wages. That extra few million could mean the difference between getting a decent CM in or not….

Muniz is going to be a loan though that means next summer we doing this all over again we need to sign somebody who can score goals in this division then get promoted and score goals in the Premier league larsen seems like somebody who has the ability to do this. With muniz we are just warming him up to pay for Fulham when they relagated. I do hope we still sign muniz alongside larsen and Hoppe as feel we need 4 striker alongside watmore Akpom 

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

It’s clearly not the alternative though is it, it’s been obvious we wanted Muniz 2 weeks before anyone had even heard of Larsen. We want both of them, we will get Larsen or I won’t be surprised if we bid for that Navarro since that WhatsApp message has been pretty accurate give or take some things.

The Gazette are saying 2 more strikers including Hoppe though and Lurker said Muniz will sign next week so I feel like he is unless we shift Akpom or Watmore

Could be right about Navarro although we'd still miss the physical presence for me

What I can't understand with the Larsen thing, is , they must have known months ago they wanted him not a few weeks ago, £6m might have gotten him, we then wait until we sell , Groningen are not stupid ,they are now negotiating at a different level because we have more funds , can't those running things think ahead, I guess not

I'm "cautious" over Muniz, he may be the real deal but so far he hasn't done anything of note in the Championship. He certainly was on our radar last year (but so was Payero) so somebody in the Club obviously rated him but he is a gamble if/when he comes. He could be outstanding and just unlucky being behind Mitrovic or he could be meh. 

Forss is a gamble, Hoppe is in the same category. So far only Akpom is looking like a known quantity and fortunately one far better than the fans and Wilder believed to be. Still early days but based on yesterday it is very clear that the recruitment process and squad strengthening now needs to be accelerated.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?