oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wouldn't want to be forcing out Watmore, as he's been a great signing on a free, but I do think it might be worth considering if we can get some money for him and his issues are getting worse.

I actually like Watmore and at times he is out best option, having said that he cost us nothing so selling at a fee is good business. (Although I bet his wages are low too so might be good to keep as an option off the bench)

be interested to see how many times he has completed 90 mins for us, if any.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Riverside94 said:

I see what people are saying about just paying a bit more but Larsen seems steep to me and too big a gamble. Ok if we sign him and he takes off then it’s worth it but it’s a big IF. Also there is a team to jigsaw together. If paying 1 mil more means we can’t afford to get Greaves and a CM for example then is it worth it? or might there be other options out there for half the price of Larsen?.. all ifs and buts I know but it’s not as simple as let’s just meet the asking price.

Understand what you're saying there Riverside but I don't think the club ever considered our coffers would be swelled by upwards of £24m this summer. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PsychFur said:

Understand what you're saying there Riverside but I don't think the club ever considered our coffers would be swelled by upwards of £24m this summer. 

I don’t think we have that to just splash out or we would have done that already and got in Gyokores for example

Whats peoples thoughts on the Uche situation ? By all means limited in what he can do. But what he can do he is very good at. I’m not saying he is the one to take us to the next level but when we are so short he is surely worthy of a spot on the bench. No harm in that surely ? I can’t understand the completely bombing him out. 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Yeah it was all related to us apparently being cheap for not spending the £12m quoted, as claimed earlier in the thread

Right yeah I see.  My way of looking at it, certainly with strikers, is that I'd like us to sign at least one with some track record of scoring goals.  One of the reasons that I thought Ikpeazu was a waste of time last summer was because his record at every level was pretty similar - he got about 8 goals per season I think.  Unless you're happy signing a player to do that then it seemed pointless signing him to me. 

It is different with younger players of course cos you don't have the career history to go on so almost everything is about potential, and what they might do.  The problem with that I suppose is just because someone might do something, that doesn't mean that they will.  It's not the best example but we spent a lot on Fletcher on the back of him scoring 5 goals in League One, and a few goals in Under 21 football.  Mental really however you want to look at it.

In terms of Larsen, I like that he got 14 goals last season, and that was in only 26 starts.  But that was also most of their games last season cos they only play 34 I think in Holland.  That's proof to me that he can do it in a way that I haven't seen from Hoppe by way of a comparison. I also like that he tended to play 90 mins more often than not - he played 2,300 mins out of the 2,800 mins he was in the squad for.  That's pretty good going.  So, personally, I think he could end up being really good, and he'd be the player I was signing.  However, if it's true that we agreed a deal at 8/9 million, and they turned around and tried to get us up to 12 or whatever, then you would have to ask yourself if it's worth it.  On the one hand the club are clearly willing to spend a lot of money on him so they do rate him but it can't just be an open ended bid where we go up to whatever they ask for.  At some point you have to say no.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 5

It's not going to generate a lot of funds and it's a good few transfers to sort over the coming months, plus Chuba has started ok, but if selling Uche, Chuba and Watmore means we can bring in 2 plus Hoppe, I'm all for it.

I'd take Larsen, Muniz, Forss, Hoppe and Coburn when he's back, if injury has scuppered the loan over Muniz, Forss, Hoppe, Chuba, Watmore and potentially Coburn obviously. 

I'm guessing most fans and most importantly the club would.

2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I like the look of Larsen a lot but I wouldn't blame the club for baulking at 12 million, especially when we have other positions to fill.

Not sure where the £12m valuation has come from. I've read elsewhere that they're after €10m.

If the 5 does end up being Forss, Larsen, Hoppe, Muniz and Akpom I would personally be happy with that. It’s basically 5 different strikers to last season to use. All would get plenty of action

• Like 1

Simplest way to judge a club's recruitment team and it's success is have they put the manager in the best possible position to attain the club's objectives from game 1.

If the answer to that question is no and we have a minimum of 5 holes within the squad to fill then they deserve criticism because they've not done their jobs properly. 

We lost our best midfielder a week ago and we haven't even heard of any movement to bring a midfielder in, it is typical Boro but it is a really poor way to handle business - our rivals would have held off on sanctioning the move until they had a replacement. 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

Not sure where the £12m valuation has come from. I've read elsewhere that they're after €10m.

That's from the Gazette,  which given Craig's reporting, you'd imagine comes from boro itself.

4 minutes ago, robbieboro said:

Whats peoples thoughts on the Uche situation ? By all means limited in what he can do. But what he can do he is very good at. I’m not saying he is the one to take us to the next level but when we are so short he is surely worthy of a spot on the bench. No harm in that surely ? I can’t understand the completely bombing him out. 

He never should have been bought. NW should have been shown the door last summer and we wouldn't have players are not good enough and we don't want sucking wages from the kitty

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?