oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, LBP said:

It is interesting because either either the marquee signings are yet to come or Wilder's been sold a dream

wouldn't be the first boro manager to be let down by the club in the transfer market

• Like 3
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum 

Could someone please tell me the best rumors and itk stuff from the last 100 pages? 

Haven't had the time to follow this thread since thursday. 

Pretty please

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Could someone please tell me the best rumors and itk stuff from the last 100 pages? 

Pretty please

Hoppe done and 1 more striker in unless Watmore leaves as there's interest

Lurker believes it's Muniz after Hoppe 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pork Slops said:

“When we’re bringing players in there will be some big-name players in there that we hope and I believe we can attract to this football club.  

“We had the well-publicised good cup run and we had the league campaign from where we were to where we got to and how close we were. It makes it a really attractive club to come and join. And it always has been with the facilities that it has got and the history it has. Hopefully we can pull some good players to this football club.

“There will be some big names that will come and people will go, ‘wow, that’s a really good signing’, and there’s going to be some other signings that you might call under the radar who we feel will make the group stronger. Liam [Roberts] is definitely one of those.

Those are the actual quotes the EG posted with the marquee signing article.

So I don't believe he used the word 'marquee' and in fairness if we sign him, Jørgen Strand Larsen is a pretty big name, 3 six letter words, bleeding heck.

For a Championship club, Steffen and Lenihan are big names.  Lenihan was Blackburn's captain and would have cost a fair bit if he hadn't run his contract down.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd argue Zack Steffen is, at least at this level, despite his limited game time at City.

I presume some of the the other players he had in mind when he said that have went elsewhere though.

We've clearly lost out on some free agents too when you think back to some of Wilder and Scott's comments about them earlier in the year and what an opportunity this summer would be. I doubt they meant that we were just going to sign Lenihan and then a League Two goalkeeper.

Argue whatever you like mate but he isn't to my mind. He's a back up goalkeeper from a fantastic team, no more than that in my opinion.  May as well say that Bettinelli was a marquee signing.

Just now, SmogDane said:

Pretty please

Hoppe done deal, apparently travelled today for his medical and waiting on a work permit.

Larsen deal reportedly dead unless Groningen come down on the fee. According to @diggerlad07there was some shenanigans on their end and they reneged after already agreeing a fee.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LBP said:

Hoppe done and 1 more striker in unless Watmore leaves as there's interest

Lurker believes it's Muniz after Hoppe 

Hoppe and 2 more strikers, regardless of watmore.

It’s not just the money from the sales of Tav and Spence we have to spend. Last year we had 6 midfielders. Since then Tav, Payero and Siliki’s wages are off the books, leaving us with three senior players in midfield. No wonder we are now struggling in midfield. Surely at least two replacements must come in?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

If Groningen are on the blue light card I could possibly get up to 15% off signing him.

Military, nurses and fireman don’t mean 💩

what we need is a student to get us 20% off 😉

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

wouldn't be the first boro manager to be let down by the club in the transfer market

Or maybe the deals just haven't played out as he hoped, there doesn't have to be a blame game. Armstrong was an early link and now he's starting games for Southampton, things can change quickly 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Or maybe the deals just haven't played out as he hoped, there doesn't have to be a blame game. Armstrong was an early link and now he's starting games for Southampton, things can change quickly 

That's what I think has happened but let's not have a pop at other Boro fans for having an expectation that what the manager said will happen, does happen.  It's not the fans who have set those expectations.

Edited by Changing Times
2 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

I see what people are saying about just paying a bit more but Larsen seems steep to me and too big a gamble. Ok if we sign him and he takes off then it’s worth it but it’s a big IF. Also there is a team to jigsaw together. If paying 1 mil more means we can’t afford to get Greaves and a CM for example then is it worth it? or might there be other options out there for half the price of Larsen?.. all ifs and buts I know but it’s not as simple as let’s just meet the asking price.

As we've already bid and they've turned it down, aren't you saying just pay a bit more for Greaves,?  What's the difference between paying more for him and paying more for Larsen?

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's what I think has happened but let's not have a pop at other Boro fans for having an expectation that what the manager said will happen, does happen.  It's not the fans who have set those expectations.

It wasn't a pop, it was a genuine alternative 

20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It was quoted at the beginning of the article.  It just wasn't in the longer quotes.  As someone who certain admires pedantry, I'm not really sure what the issue is?  Big names or marquee signings, it means the same thing.  Maybe instead of trying to use it to have a pop at fellow fans people might want to think if we've had the transfer window that Wilder had expected?  I'm bloody sure that we haven't, so if he isn't happy with it why should the fans be happy?  We all know that window isn't closed yet, we all know that we are going to add players, and so does Wilder, and yet he's obviously not happy with it.

Who is having a pop at fellow fans? Those words are not quoted in the EG article so for all intents and purposes CW did not say those words. 

I post infrequently here and tend to lurk hoping to pick up transfer information. 

One thing I have learned is that some posters such as yourself seem to 'rule the roost' and what you say goes. 

It's not healthy. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?