oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

GK: Steffan - Loan

GK: Roberts - Free

LCB: Greaves - £7m

CCB: Lenihan - Free

LM: Giles - Loan

CDM:

LCM:

RCM: 

RM: Smith - Free

ST: Larsen - £10m

ST: Forss - £3m

ST: Hoppe - £2.5m

ST: Muniz - Loan

Total Cost of £22.5M

Sold;

Spence: £12.5m rising to £20m with add-ons.

Tavernier: £10m hahahahaha rising to 12.5m with add-ons. We're *** Jokers!!! 🤣

£3m compensation from Derby we got this summer too.

25.5m in sales and compensation, with the potential of 10m in addons rising it to £35.5m in sales.

Although the add-ons won't come until at least next summer so not including that in this summers transfer funds.

I'd assume we could maybe invest a few million from without sales if needs be too so lets say £4.5m investment from Gibson. Some of the money from last seasons cup run to United, Tottenham and Chelsea perhaps. Giving us £30m total.

That would leave us anywhere between £3m-£7m to invest in DM, LCM and RCM. We would also have two loan spaces.

Any ideas for realistic CM options? I'd loan at least one midfield option, possible two depending on funds left.

What about covering general losses? I don't think we are in a position where all sales profits can just be reinvested in players, I may be wrong though

Not sure how that would work FFP wise too

• Like 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I genuinely think some people are more bothered about spending money and having a marquee signing now

download (9).jpeg

1 hour ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

Backs what up? Where does Wilder actually use the phrase 'marquee signings'? It looks to me like that is an EG phrase now being used to hit Wilder with.

PsychFur, the above is what I meant by having a pop at fans.  At least that's how I read the comments anyway.  I don't believe anybody is more bothered about us spending money and having a marquee signings.  Nor are people coming up with made up stuff to hit Wilder with.  I'm not even sure that Wilder is who people are frustrated with.  If anything he seems as frustrated as people on here.

Bosco, the dumb things comment was just about there being no difference between big names and marquee.  I wasn't inferring that you were dumb or anything like that, just the idea that if he said big names but not marquee that there would be any real difference.  Sorry if it read differently.  Big names, marquee, or both, the intent is the same, I would think we can all agree on that?  If the manager says things like that then it's not unreasonable for fans to be wondering where it is.

I doubt most people care that much about who the signings are or how much they cost.  I mean, yeah, people do excited by bigger names, that's just human nature.  But on here at the moment I think people are just more bothered about putting a good team together.  If that means signing someone like Larsen then so be it, if it means signing someone like Armstrong then so be it, same goes for Greaves, Choudhary, and whoever else.  I don't think the cost makes a difference really, just the calibre of player.

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

What about covering general losses? I don't think we are in a position where all sales profits can just be reinvested in players, I may be wrong though

Not sure how that would work FFP wise too

Don't know how close we are. I'm just working out what we've got from sales. Worst case scenario in January you sell an asset who's not playing to balance the books. Like a McNair or a Fry. I think we can get Greaves or Larsen with some chunky promotion add-ons or goals for Larsen. Also assume we'd be sensible and pay in instalments.

5 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

No denying that was, I think as a fan base we need to get past this dangerous just pay whatever they want rhetoric. I think in general I'm far from confrontational though 

No you're not mate, certainly nothing like me anyway.  I just think it's wrong to make out that fans are being unreasonable because they aren't over the moon with our transfer window to date.  Again, I'm sure that Wilder isn't so why should fans?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No you're not mate, certainly nothing like me anyway.  I just think it's wrong to make out that fans are being unreasonable because they aren't over the moon with our transfer window to date.  Again, I'm sure that Wilder isn't so why should fans?

I'm certainly not either, I just hope we don't spend a fortune and risk too much to try to appease the failures so far

3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Don't know how close we are. I'm just working out what we've got from sales. Worst case scenario in January you sell an asset who's not playing to balance the books. Like a McNair or a Fry. I think we can get Greaves or Larsen with some chunky promotion add-ons or goals for Larsen. Also assume we'd be sensible and pay in instalments.

I like how in literally the space of 2 posts you have gone from calling the deal brokers at the club f**king jokers for seemingly not being able to get a good price on Tav to then saying “assume we’d be sensible and pay in instalments” and suddently having faith in the deal brokers at the club. Haha.

5 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I don't fancy our chances with Greaves, wasn't his dad ex Hull? and they have wealthy owners, so will be a difficult one.

I would like it if we could find a middle ground with Larsen and some surprise names for midfield too though, that would give me more hope

40 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

GK: Steffan - Loan

GK: Roberts - Free

LCB: Greaves - £7m

CCB: Lenihan - Free

LM: Giles - Loan

CDM:

LCM:

RCM: 

RM: Smith - Free

ST: Larsen - £10m

ST: Forss - £3m

ST: Hoppe - £2.5m

ST: Muniz - Loan

Total Cost of £22.5M

Sold;

Spence: £12.5m rising to £20m with add-ons.

Tavernier: £10m hahahahaha rising to 12.5m with add-ons. We're *** Jokers!!! 🤣

£3m compensation from Derby we got this summer too.

25.5m in sales and compensation, with the potential of 10m in addons rising it to £35.5m in sales.

Although the add-ons won't come until at least next summer so not including that in this summers transfer funds.

I'd assume we could maybe invest a few million from without sales if needs be too so lets say £4.5m investment from Gibson. Some of the money from last seasons cup run to United, Tottenham and Chelsea perhaps. Giving us £30m total.

That would leave us anywhere between £3m-£7m to invest in DM, LCM and RCM. We would also have two loan spaces.

Any ideas for realistic CM options? I'd loan at least one midfield option, possible two depending on funds left.

I'm assuming you think all the loans are fee-less

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

Hoppe and 2 more strikers, regardless of watmore.

Asked Craig Johns for absolute clarity and he reckons just the one more after Hoppe unless Watmore goes

image.png.ed6eec0cea4133a319c0c922ea29fabf.png

Not Boro related but just proves we aren't the only club struggling to get reinforcements in. Still enough time to get the players in we need, we just need to see some urgency in the week to come and I think if anything good is to come from yesterday, it is that we've had a massive kick up the ****. IMG_20220807_235022.thumb.jpg.a225bf73416742efad6da1a8e847e669.jpg

43 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I'm certainly not either, I just hope we don't spend a fortune and risk too much to try to appease the failures so far

Gibson's had his fingers burnt too many times to risk the club over spending. His biggest worry is keeping hold of Wilder to finish off the job he's started, or we're deep in it again.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Me neither, and I suppose it's only failures if we don't end up getting the business done anyway.  If we are prepared to make sizeable bids for the likes of Henry, Greaves, Larsen, then I have to believe it's nothing to do with what we haven't done so far, and simply because they like the players.

• Like 1

Just a thought but....

General concensus is we need a lcb and at least two midfielders. And in reality the only ones we've been "linked" with are greaves, choudhary and hannibal. All British based players.

We also need at least one more striker, and we've been linked with hoppe, Henry, larsen to name but 3.

I wonder if there are possibilities of us finding a gem or two for the defensive and midfield positions from abroad too. Especially given the eredivisie link and we have only really been linked to 1 player from the Dutch league. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?