oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

It's a good thing we made sure that Akpom wasn't with the squad for the whole of pre season. Well done Wilder👌 Some class man management going on this summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Remember when people were ready to sell Adama, cause he was a headless chicken ... 

The same situation might be unfolding before our eyes with Akpom, that someone written off turn it around and becomes a fan favourite .. 

Akpom did not satisfy us as a lone striker in a NW team .. But he allready looks much more confident in a two in a wilder team .. With Giles, Jones and McGree providing, he might score 10-15 

All our strikers could improve, if they get the right service 

It was great to see Fors score on his debut .. That should give him the right confidence boost for the coming games .. Nick one against Barnsley too and we might have a monster 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

It's a good thing we made sure that Akpom wasn't with the squad for the whole of pre season. Well done Wilder👌 Some class man management going on this summer.

Maybe it is a strike of genius to light Chubas fire!!! 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think with it being so quiet on links for a midfielder, I wonder if it means we are looking in Europe for one, or two? Maybe look at the loan market for one of them? Given Howsons age, we must be looking to make atleast one permanent signing in midfield though. Wonder if Payero has a loan recall clause haha

On 8/5/2022 at 7:30 PM, Redcar Rioja said:

Many of the worst Players we have signed seem to have an Aston Villa connection. Gestede was shocking for all sorts of reasons. Guzan was so poor it beggared belief and his lasting legacy is his own supporters begging the Ref to send him off.

was amazing that red card banter still cracks me up now thinking about it

14 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

It's bullshit. The Gazette are the Club PR. The club tell them what to say and will hope it will help them in their pursuit for Larsen. 

well then its telling them that we are not increasing our offer, why should we when we are over and above what the nearest competition are offering, player is unsettled with head turned, its that club that needs to come down rather than the other way, espiecally if they asking for £12m from what they said at an earlier point they wanted which sounds like they had been offered

2 hours ago, mj south said:

I think Watmore will be replaced

I think so as well if akpom is staying now I think he will be the one who is looked at to be moved on to accommodate this change of plan

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

maybe that has got him playing like he is right now trying to take his chance while he has it. 

What kind of midfielder would you guys like us to sign 

I think we need a no nonsense tackle machine who can cover a lot of ground and has the ability to spot the best pass for starting counters once the ball is nicked ..  Someone who can protect the defense from the runs at them we have seen us be so fragile against ... 

A 28 year old Leadbitter type .. Point and shout

• Like 1

Not happy with Akpom being one of the striking options for the season - I just don't think he's good enough. It really does highlight our failures in the transfer window for this to have happened. Also I'd much rather have Watmore than Akpom. Watmore is a brilliant option to have on the bench and can make things happen (Huddersfield etc). Akpom is just a body in a striking position that will do a similar job to a Connelly, Balogun or Sporar last season. Sigh.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I think we need a no nonsense tackle machine who can cover a lot of ground and has the ability to spot the best pass for starting counters once the ball is nicked ..  Someone who can protect the defense from the runs at them we have seen us be so fragile against ... 

More an Adam Clayton (or george boateng) type. 

One reservation I have is crooks in midfield. I really like the lad but don't really trust him in there. I always see him as more of a 2nd striker. Will get goals but needs 3 other midfielders in the same team. So someone to cover/compete with that spot too 

Just now, Marvanelli said:

Of all the strikers we've been linked with this summer, AA is the one I'd want us to sign.

A proven goalscorer in this division

Tbis also suggests Armstrong isn’t going nowhere but I like Akpom I just want us to get a midfielder in this week as well at least 

2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I think we need a proper out and out defensive midfielders big athletic  a proper monster, absolutely no idea who though hopefully have someone in mind fron Europe.  Also need a box to box number 8 tavs replacement the lad from Barnsley seems a good fit, but we don't appear to be linked with him, longstaff from the geodies would be a good shout.

Akpom was never ever suited to.Warnock ball, which made the signing totally bizarre.

Technically though, he's always been alright and he puts a shift in. He's suited to Wilderball probably more than any other of our strikers. Whether he can score enough goals is another question, but we should at least give him the opportunity.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

More an Adam Clayton (or george boateng) type. 

One reservation I have is crooks in midfield. I really like the lad but don't really trust him in there. I always see him as more of a 2nd striker. Will get goals but needs 3 other midfielders in the same team. So someone to cover/compete with that spot too 

He is hopeless upfront. Movement rubbish and doesn't understand offside rule from a forward position.

An absolute waste of a position  playing Crooks up top.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Akpom was never ever suited to.Warnock ball, which made the signing totally bizarre.

Technically though, he's always been alright and he puts a shift in. He's suited to Wilderball probably more than any other of our strikers. Whether he can score enough goals is another question, but we should at least give him the opportunity.

No penguin slap for you for that comment, cause I agree 
🤪
Nice profile picture btw 

I thought Crook's movement was poor too. When Howson pressed past the halfway line Crooks often looked disintrested I was left thinking what's the point of standing on the forward line if you're not going to gesture for the ball or move!

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?