oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 minutes ago, LBP said:

Whys that mate? 

Both here for a year, similar cost but one we know scores goals and one we don't

I know a lot of Forest fans, they all said Grabban had gone down a lot last year and doesnt offer anything other than goals, which had also started to dry up. 

He doesnt seem like a team player e.g. him terminating his own loan at Sunderland. 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Garner going out on loan when rabiot transfer completes apparently. 

Really do think it's wishful thinking but how perfect would he be here

I’d just be amazed if he dropped down to the championship after the season he’s had with Forest, but I guess you never know. 

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I mean..they have to want him to make any offer never mind a better one..

Getting his wages off the book is a good offer to me, anything else is a bonus 

Yeah thats a fair point, I have seen him linked with Rotherham hence the mention but you are right there hasnt been the interest

Surely in that case though a loan would be better? hes not an awful player and could be decent lower league championship or top half league one side, who we could get some money for

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I have no issues with the Grabban call, I actually think its a good one for the right price to replace Watmore if he leaves but the underhand dig at both Muniz and Coburn was a little cheap

I just don't know how much better than Coburn he is, their stats are identical but Muniz played in a much better team

I'd rather just develop our own player, my main point though is neither seem good enough right now for what we're trying to do 

2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Where did I say the manager has nothing to do with it? We don't know the motivation behind the decisions to leave akpom out of preseason or indeed who made the decision or if it was a joint decision - and potentially a justified one when all the facts are known. All I know is a month ago no one had a problem with it and now they do. 

At what level of information do we have to have before being capable of making a fan's judgement of the affair, do you think?

Nobody had a problem with it because they thought Akpom would be moved on. We trusted the manager's judgement that it wasn't a player he could work with or get anything out of but comments from the man himself now suggest he can and will do so. Something has changed and so people's opinions change with it. Is anything surprising to you about that?

@wilsoncgp There is a rumour going around social media that there was a Fans Forum last week in which Wilder confirmed that he would not be getting the majority of the Spence & Tav money for transfers as this was going to 'balance the books' from last seasons losses.  Is that correct?

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Matthew Hoppe is about to leave the

@RCD_Mallorca

The striker traveled to England yesterday Today he passed the medical examination with the

@Boro

Hopping for joy over here

1 minute ago, JonnyMFC said:

@wilsoncgp There is a rumour going around social media that there was a Fans Forum last week in which Wilder confirmed that he would not be getting the majority of the Spence & Tav money for transfers as this was going to 'balance the books' from last seasons losses.  Is that correct?

I don’t know if he said it but it’s likely to be true. The club has continuously spoken of the need to balance the books. That said, if we have picked up 25-30 million between the two sales then I’m sure there will a decent figure available for rebuilding. However it isn’t ‘football manager’ as some folk seem to think ie we aren’t just going to go and pay through the nose because Groningen (for example) decide to up the ante.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JonnyMFC said:

That sounds like absolute *** to me, mate. We've got a meeting with the club tonight and that's the first time we've spoken in a meeting capacity since March I think? And that was the discussion around season tickets which was essentially asked not to be minuted but I think I provided as much of that as I felt wasn't sensitive club information back onto the board. Like the general feelings around the price increase and how the club wanted to be operationally funded by non-football related funding, i.e. not keeping the bills paid through transfer fees.

Wilder said in the fan Q&A (and other members on here will attest to this) that we can't be another Derby, we can't blow our load and have another 1986 on our hands. He did not at any point say he wouldn't be getting the majority of the Spence or Tav money for transfers, it was a very generalised comment about overspending and having to manage our funds appropriately.

I don't see us getting 100% of the Spence and Tav money for transfers personally but I would hope after what was alluded to us back in March that the extra burden placed on fans has at the very least allowed us to reinvest more of their fees into the squad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I don’t know if he said it but it’s likely to be true. The club has continuously spoken of the need to balance the books. That said, if we have picked up 25-30 million between the two sales then I’m sure there will a decent figure available for rebuilding. However it isn’t ‘football manager’ as some folk seem to think ie we aren’t just going to go and pay through the nose because Groningen (for example) decide to up the ante.

We’ve bought Forss, we’re buying Hoppe and we’ve put offers in for Larsen and Greaves.  We’ve probably paid a fair loan fee for Giles as well. That lot adds up to a big chunk of the money in for Tav and Spence, doesn’t it?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

We can still announce it though, "subject to a work permit", which you'd assume we're 100% confident of him getting?

Don't think it's common to announce without a work permit, is it? Think some clubs have done but certainly so far from deadline day, I can't imagine we'll announce without that confirmed.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?