oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Optimistic. Doesn't look like we have much hope of getting Ampadu, Greaves, or Larsen... And nothing concrete on Mowatt either 

Oh I was just putting the names we had been linked with lately into a team together

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I’m simply saying that if Wilder actually said that Dijksteel doesn’t tackle enough then he’s wrong or he must be even more disappointed with the rest of our defenders.  Dijksteel couldn’t play midfield for this manager in this set up in my opinion.

Dijksteel generally always stays on his feet and harries players and then nicks the ball or gets his body inbetween closer to the byline I dont see him diving in much cos he doesnt really need to.

How on earth can people expect him to get the ball off willock from his starting position? All this take him out rubbish n all is a joke... 10 mins into the game he's 30 yards out with 2 defenders in front of him literally nobody would tackle somebody from behind for a booking in that instance as the chances of a player scoring from there aren't high. Wilder was talking absolute drivel there and publicly knocking a lad who's been excellent for him for that bit of play is very poor just makes him look like warnock. He was taken off at half time so point made and maybe take him aside and say what you need to but doing it after the game to the media that's just poor.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Even though Lenihan isn’t the tallest for a CB, he’s very good in the air. He’s actually won the most aerial duels out of every championship player over the first two match weeks with 16. 

I was a bit confused about those stats as when I looked on Saturday they were different.  His WBA stats were the same but the QPR ones had increased quite a bit.  He is a decent in the air like, especially when it’s straight at him so that he can attack it.

27 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Dijksteel generally always stays on his feet and harries players and then nicks the ball or gets his body inbetween closer to the byline I dont see him diving in much cos he doesnt really need to.

How on earth can people expect him to get the ball off willock from his starting position? All this take him out rubbish n all is a joke... 10 mins into the game he's 30 yards out with 2 defenders in front of him literally nobody would tackle somebody from behind for a booking in that instance as the chances of a player scoring from there aren't high. Wilder was talking absolute drivel there and publicly knocking a lad who's been excellent for him for that bit of play is very poor just makes him look like warnock. He was taken off at half time so point made and maybe take him aside and say what you need to but doing it after the game to the media that's just poor.

Yeah, the marking from the set piece was worse than what happened for the first goal.  The idea that our players should just get yellow cards every time someone counter attacks us is bloody stupid.  It was just heat if the moment stuff from Wilder I expect, with the added benefit of hindsight of course.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, the marking from the set piece was worse than what happened for the first goal.  The idea that our players should just get yellow cars every time someone counter attacks us is bloody stupid.  It was just heat if the moment stuff from Wilder I expect, with the added benefit of hindsight of course.

I agree with that and yeh the marking from the set peice was shocking and he wasn't wrong to hook him. If he'd been poor over a sustained period then it would be a bit more understandable to me but he hasn't and had a really good game against WBA. He's got to be more professional wilder in that instance because the lad really didn't deserve to be hung out to dry for one bad game I don't see how that will help him at all.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

A clever pro takes him out and takes the yellow. You don’t allow a player, who is a known threat, to bear down on your goal. He should take the booking and bollock Jones for the pass and Howson for being too far out of position. These are the dark arts of the game and are essential.

I have a mutual friend (through Uni) who is Norwegian and he said apparently we’re keeping tabs on Bendik Foss Evensen who plays for Ullern. He’s only 17 but there’s a few clubs that have send scouts there recently. One for the future maybe 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

A clever pro takes him out and takes the yellow. You don’t allow a player, who is a known threat, to bear down on your goal. He should take the booking and bollock Jones for the pass and Howson for being too far out of position. These are the dark arts of the game and are essential.

He wasn't bearing down on goal he was 30 yards out with Lenihan and Bola in front of him. He's a good player Willock but I don't recall him smashing many in the top corner from those positions. If it was in the 80th minute maybe I'd be more inclined to agree but taking out every player who runs towards goal 30 yards out from the first minute would just be a farce. Dijk probably though the pressure would be enough to put him off his shot but it was a top drawer strike but if he did it another ten times I doubt he'd score one. 

Another side to that is say he does take him out gets booked. Chair then steps up and bangs the free kick in the top corner. Dijk then gets sent off for another booking because he's up against their best player willock. Wilder would be kicking off at him for that too and so would everyone else. 

As a defender you weigh up probabilities in situations like that in a very short amount of time and I totally understand what Dijksteel has done there personally.

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar Colin
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

It’s not normal for your CDM to be so far out of position. If players are in their correct position and your RWB doesn’t gift the ball away cheaply then Dijksteel isn’t forced into the decision.

When he gets across to meet Willock he’s 30 yards out, far to deep for Lenihan to race out to, who can’t do so as he’d leave a huge space behind him, that suggestion is ridiculous. AD runs alongside CW for 3 or 4 seconds to the point he’s then 20 yards out when he gets his shot off.

You obviously don’t agree and your a Dijksteel fan but I don’t let being a fan of a particular player cloud my thinking. He was one of 3 players at fault but he had the chance to stop the player in his tracks.

That’s pro football, these things happen week in week out. Any coach worth his salt would go through his player for Dijksteels inaction. That’s just how it is. Whether he should have been publicly slated is another matter.

There's nobody around Lenihan at that point he's doing absolutely nothing there and Bola is next to him marking Dykes so can cover so I don't know what your talking about? He was in a better position than dijksteel to make a block. There's barely any difference if he pushes out a few yards as willock is approaching the area. Its not about being a fan of anyone it's about disagreeing with people asking a player to do something that's not normal in that situation. 

So should he do it 60 minutes in on a yellow then just out of interest? 

• Like 1

Been away for a few days with the family and finally had a chance to catch up other than the odd glance or check of Twitter.

Thought 7 pages would suffice. Jesus, I'm not one for the FMTTM model but that was bloody painful, surely someone needs to have a quick word with those who need to set up new threads 😂

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Teesside Tank said:

I have a close friend who had a conversation with Keiran Scott last week. Mr Scott seemed upbeat about incomings and hinted that a lot of signings are close, he also hinted that he is concerned about a possible mole at the club leaking too much information to the media. The main concern with the club seems to be deals getting hijacked as they are desperate for deals to be kept under wraps. One name that Keiran Scott mentioned was Hamza Choudhury however that deal seems to have gone quiet now. 

Interesting, however, agents and the players themselves are probably the biggest moles. They can't keep a secret 🤣

1 hour ago, Teesside Tank said:

I have a close friend who had a conversation with Keiran Scott last week. Mr Scott seemed upbeat about incomings and hinted that a lot of signings are close, he also hinted that he is concerned about a possible mole at the club leaking too much information to the media. The main concern with the club seems to be deals getting hijacked as they are desperate for deals to be kept under wraps. One name that Keiran Scott mentioned was Hamza Choudhury however that deal seems to have gone quiet now. 

mole GIF

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Teesside Tank said:

One name that Keiran Scott mentioned was Hamza Choudhury

Concerned about moles but is going around telling everyone our targets 😂

Maybe he should look in the mirror

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?