oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

6 hours ago, JTG said:

I actually saw an ESPN reporter on twitter making out Hoppe was 3m rising to 5m.

Really hope that’s wide of the mark because it’s the first time I’ve seen anyone suggesting the fee is that high. My understanding was 2-2.5m.

ESPN would be speaking in dollars, I’d have thought. Even then, different places include different things in transfer values. 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Pork Slops said:

Couple of questions

Forss + Hoppe = approx. 4M thus far?

Larsen - 9M

Greaves - 6-7M

Mowatt - 3-4M

Muniz - 500k-1M

Hannibal - 500k

Pure guesswork on some of those loan fees based on current wages and whether we would include any bonuses for loans, does that happen?

The above is pretty much all the money gained from Spence and Tav sales spent, where does that leave us with FFP out of interest for next season if that investment doesn't pay off, would we need to sell again?

Worth remembering that any fees for permanent purchases are spread over the duration of the contract for FFP. With Forss and Hoppe both getting 4 year contracts their combined fees will only be around £1m per year, whereas both Tav and Spence go into our accounts immediately as sales (with the added advantage of both having cost us absolutely nothing). 

If we were to spend all of the money you've laid out obviously incomings and outgoings would be roughly similar for this year, but from an FFP point of view, we'd still post a large net profit on player incomings/outgoings for this year.

Edited by Will
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Micksyd said:

I wonder if Man City would be interested in loaning or selling Croatian no 6 Ante Palaversa, has been out on loan since joining them in 2019.  Played last season in the Belgian League with Kortrijk, 22 year old, 1.87 metres, has a physical presence and good passing range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=retau-n2OFs

looks like 2 good feet as well, decent distribution to both sides. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Lurker said:

Wilder’s obviously pushing it back to Bausor & Gibson but we’re not far off on a few deals.

Muniz, we were told last week from Fulham that they’d got their player and Muniz could come. Just a waiting game on  that.

Greaves, going to be some back and forth and won’t happen quickly but club it’ll happen 

Looks like Gyokeres will go to Everton or not move.

No idea on Mowatt, but as has been said we’ve been after him for a while. 

Thanks for the update. The cynical part in me reads that as we are no closer to any of those players than we were two weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Thanks for the update. The cynical part in me reads that as we are no closer to any of those players than we were two weeks ago.

We definitely are to Greaves.

Playing golf tomorrow and should find out more so will hopefully update then 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6
10 hours ago, Golden God said:

Does this guy have a habit of talking ***?

5226A6F0-E355-4C25-B5D4-107DDE09558C.jpeg

All this constant talk of him leaving... It's getting to the point where Wilder needs to achieve something with us to be back in contention for top jobs. Lots of lower half Premier League jobs have been and gone in the last 18 months - Norwich, Burnley, Watford, Leeds, Palace, Newcastle, and prob more I'm forgetting. None of them hired him. 

What's he done since finishing bottom with Sheff Utd? Produced one pretty average half season with us. Doubt anyone who watched us get hammered by mid table teams in our last two away games would be particularly excited about getting him in. 

This isn't me knocking Wilder at all btw - I'm still fully on board. It's just p****** me off how some of our fans have this impression that he's too good for us. I don't think Wilder walks into a Premier League job at all. He needs a big season just as much as we do. 

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Could lead to some very misleading information...

Lurker: So how many signings do you think we'll get in before the end of the window.

Lurkers informant: "FOUR"

• Haha 10
29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

see if keiren scott has tackled any of the leaks while he gives out more updates of who we bidding on 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

All this constant talk of him leaving... It's getting to the point where Wilder needs to achieve something with us to be back in contention for top jobs. Lots of lower half Premier League jobs have been and gone in the last 18 months - Norwich, Burnley, Watford, Leeds, Palace, Newcastle, and prob more I'm forgetting. None of them hired him. 

What's he done since finishing bottom with Sheff Utd? Produced one pretty average half season with us. Doubt anyone who watched us get hammered by mid table teams in our last two away games would be particularly excited about getting him in. 

This isn't me knocking Wilder at all btw - I'm still fully on board. It's just p****** me off how some of our fans have this impression that he's too good for us. I don't think Wilder walks into a Premier League job at all. He needs a big season just as much as we do. 

I agree with this but it actually plays into the narrative posted a few pages back where he is very clear about what he wants, what the club desperately needs (and to be fair he is 100% correct), and if he doesn’t get it then it’s hardly his fault (he’s good but he’s not that good etc). 

2 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I agree with this but it actually plays into the narrative posted a few pages back where he is very clear about what he wants, what the club desperately needs (and to be fair he is 100% correct), and if he doesn’t get it then it’s hardly his fault (he’s good but he’s not that good etc). 

I guess my point is if he throws his toys out the pram and quits, where does he go from us that would be so much better in terms of signing players? He's not getting a Premier League job. And when all is said and done I reckon we'll have spent more than most sides in the division by the end of this window.

For the record I don't think he would quit anyway - I'm just pointing out the flaws in the Boro fans on social media who seem convinced he'll quit if we fail to sign Greaves and Larsen in the next week. 

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I guess my point is if he throws his toys out the pram and quits, where does he go from us that would be so much better in terms of signing players? He's not getting a Premier League job. And when all is said and done I reckon we'll have spent more than most sides in the division by the end of this window.

For the record I don't think he would quit anyway - I'm just pointing out the flaws in the Boro fans on social media who seem convinced he'll quit if we fail to sign Greaves and Larsen in the next week. 

Hes lucky he's working for Gibson. A fair few other chairman in the league he'd be under pressure at this moment and I definitely think most other chairman would be hesitant to back him with big signings on the basis of the form we have shown since February.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?