oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

If we end up with a first choice back three of Greaves - Fry - Lenihan I would be very happy indeed. Feel like we need the aeriel ability of those three in both boxes.

Bola, Dijk, Smith, McNair are all versatile and would all play plenty of minutes across the season across defence and midfield.   

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Bit of both.

I've heard he wants to come here and we are preparing another bid closer to hulls valuation which might be similar to what lurker has heard.

He's our number 1 target for that role but Hull playing hard ball.

Lots of clubs have increased valuations to us because they know what we have received, I presume that's why its dragging but that's just my own personal thoughts.

Which is why it's very weird that we signed off on selling Tav before we had replacements in. Why didn't we do like all other teams do and hold off on the deal untill we've brought some players in ourselves.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

If we end up with a first choice back three of Greaves - Fry - Lenihan I would be very happy indeed. Feel like we need the aeriel ability of those three in both boxes.

Bola, Dijk, Smith, McNair are all versatile and would all play plenty of minutes across the season across defence and midfield.   

When everyone is fit, I don't see the first choice back 3 being Greaves, Fry & Lenihan.

Fry & Lenihan will compete for CCB,

Dijksteel & McNair will compete for RCB

Greaves & Bola will compete for LCB

All 6 will get plenty of games because of injuries, suspensions and the sheer volume of 3 games per week.

Smith can cover most of those positions, including wingback.

That strength in depth would be incredible too.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Which is why it's very weird that we signed off on selling Tav before we had replacements in. Why didn't we do like all other teams do and hold off on the deal untill we've brought some players in ourselves.

Bournemouth were the only club interested and if they'd had a bad start, he might have changed his mind. The club wanted the money.

2 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Bournemouth were the only club interested and if they'd had a bad start, he might have changed his mind. The club wanted the money.

But they should have been aware that it might raise prices on our own targets. Holding the deal off for a week or two shouldn't have been an issue. 

Think a lot of us knew clubs would want us to overpay considering they know how much cash we’ve brought in. Hopefully a lesson to line deals up and complete immediately after a big sale 

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

we need midfielders man. where are the links to them players. i want garner and mowett, 

We were linked to Mowatt this week

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I couldn't agree more.

Groinegen, Hull and Leiecester .... Thats why I feel its about the players pushing for the move like larsen and greaves are appearing to do atm.

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I couldn't agree more.

Groinegen, Hull and Leiecester .... Thats why I feel its about the players pushing for the move like larsen and greaves are appearing to do atm.

Leicester ?

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

I couldn't agree more.

It's a shame. Sounds like we panicked with the Tav sale and now we are seeing to consequences of that. I can't see us getting Greaves and Larsen. Their clubs hold all the aces and while Larsen might be unhappy now he will still want to keep up his performance and I doubt Greaves is going to let down his boyhood club.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?