oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I was shown the evidence that he was training with the team in the gym so yes I believe what I was sent.

You don't want to believe that then fine thats your perogative but your coming across a bit of **** just because you don't believe something.

Larsen even said he could of signed for us quickly in his interview... I think that just backs up what ivseen

But you go back to being a keyboard warrior ...Get a life!

You crave info on here and when you get some info from whoever you look for argument..Not a good trait

The reason I come on here is because the posters here seem to find links from anywhere really quick. I’ll be honest, I don’t beleive 90% of the ITK info on here. 

3 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Your right I don’t believe you. And maybe I do need to get a life. Come on over his forum too much 😂 But I don’t make stuff up like you and your brother. 

I also don't believe that Larsen has been here, that doesn't mean Digger is lying though. He was told something and passed it on in good faith.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

I mean .. okay? Not sure what the relevance is here, all I was saying is that I think their forwards might be being overrated a tad 

Well, the entire system we are emulating is overrated a tad then I suppose, which concerns me a bit as a Boro fan.  Going back to Watford though, I would think that conceding two goals per game was a bigger factor in their relegation albeit that I think they also struggled for goals as well - not as much as we did the last time we were up there, mind.  I think they have players who are good individuals and added to better teams you might get more out of them than you can get with them altogether in one place 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Will said:

I also don't believe that Larsen has been here, that doesn't mean Digger is lying though. He was told something and passed it on in good faith.

Tbf that’s what I was getting at. At no point did I mention him when saying it wasn’t true. I just said somewhere down the line of the info someone has made it up 

Just now, Mfcdanny said:

The reason I come on here is because the posters here seem to find links from anywhere really quick. I’ll be honest, I don’t beleive 90% of the ITK info on here. 

That's fine, but the way you go on trying to throw people under the bus because you don't believe someone or something makes you come across as an immature ****. 

Simply ignore it, be the bigger man .

And people on here would why some people don't post stuff....

Lots of people message me privately and have got excellent info themselves but are scared to post because of people like you.

• Like 12
17 hours ago, p_mards said:

Every well-run team is continuously planning on building over multiple transfer windows; The cycle never stops. Since relegation in 2017, Gibson has talked the talk about building something, but we simply haven't - in the end it was abundantly clear that it was merely PR and lacked any substance. Therefore, I completely understand the apprehension and scepticism towards the prospect of building a team over a few transfer windows. Ultimately we’re just going to have to leave Scott to it and hope he manages to build something effective over the next few transfer windows. It was never going to be a quick-fix of turning everything around this summer, so patience is going to be needed as we're not going to hit our top gear immediately. While many our competitors are doping on parachute payments, we're up against it to compete against them - especially before we've had the time to build the team up and implement Scott and Wilder's plans behind the scenes.

While I’m more on the spectrum of blind optimism over many things Boro related, I’ve conversely been one of Gibson’s biggest critics on here for his complete lack of long-term strategy and inability to hand over power to someone like Scott, so I’m incredibly happy that we seem to finally be on that path now, and happy to be patient over the short to medium term. We're at the start of a long-term project, so we’ll definitely still be building next season - we're never. However, the level of building that will be needed next season will be nowhere near the level of this first disruptive summer transfer window under Scott. I’m imagining the next two transfer windows will play out as follows:

2022/23:

Create solid foundations to build upon through a huge overhaul of clearing the deadwood and signing a good balance of quality players to fit the system, so that we have a well-balanced team – with the aim of signing as much value for money as possible within our budget. We’ve also had the unwelcomed curveball of selling a key player, Tavernier, just before the window starts, which makes it an especially difficult job in the short-term. So far this window we've made good progress on that with the summer signings, but there’s undoubtedly a lot of work still to be done in the final weeks of the transfer window – which is fortunately boosted by us sitting on a nice pot of money. The remaining key signings are a left-footed LCB, DM and two more strikers. We should be about 80% done.

2023/24:

Pretty much completed the squad build, with all the natural balance and depth issues resolved, improving quality first 11, more key players on permanent deals, and the permanent signings like McGree, Forss and Hoppe developing well. Then we shouldn't be in anywhere near the vulnerable position we're currently in during the period between the season starting and the transfer window closing.

In subsequent transfer windows we should just require the standard replenishment of looking for improvements on the current squad like most well run clubs are. The build phase would be over but the long-term project continues to keep planning for the future.

I think it will be difficult to have a completed squad by next season given the players that are almost certain to leave.  And that's not factoring in signings we make that just don't work out.  It's definitely a more pleasing version of the future but I don't know how realistic it is.  We should definitely be in a better position a year from now however, if we aren't then something has gone seriously wrong between now and then.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

That's fine, but the way you go on trying to throw people under the bus because you don't believe someone or something makes you come across as an immature ****. 

Simply ignore it, be the bigger man .

And people on here would why some people don't post stuff....

Lots of people message me privately and have got excellent info themselves but are scared to post because of people like you.

Tbf mate look at my first few posts on the matter. I started by sticking up for a lad saying something that got slated. All I said is why do others get trusted so much even tho they info dosnt come true. 

3 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Tbf that’s what I was getting at. At no point did I mention him when saying it wasn’t true. I just said somewhere down the line of the info someone has made it up 

The best way to deal with a fellow fan posting a rumour is just to take it as that. A rumour posted in hopefully the best faith possible from another passionate Boro fan. No need to get so Het up lad, chill out 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

Tbf mate look at my first few posts on the matter. I started by sticking up for a lad saying something that got slated. All I said is why do others get trusted so much even tho they info dosnt come true. 

I think it might be based on previous info that has come true, some stuff does and some doesn't.  The very fact it is a TRANSFER RUMOUR thread kind of gives it away, certain fellas do have some inside knowledge of what is going on, you either just take it and see if it happens or you believe it and demand that it happens.

Just relax man.

• Like 1
Just now, AllBoro10 said:

The best way to deal with a fellow fan posting a rumour is just to take it as that. A rumour posted in hopefully the best faith possible from another passionate Boro fan. No need to get so Het up lad, chill out 

Your right. Maybe I have went over the top. But been on here years now and just don’t get why certain people get slated and kicked off the forum when others get away with similar stuff. Apologise @diggerlad07if I have been a *** but I never meant to be a dig at you. But you replied saying I know nothing so maybe that’s what made me go over the top. Just think people get a lot more credit than others on here. 

6 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

If @diggerlad07 says that he’s seen evidence of him with the team in the gym then you can only conclude that would be a photo? I doubt they take a register every morning? 🤔

"Howson?"   "Sir"

"Ikpeazu?"      ....        "Ikpeazu"...         "Oh I see there's a note here excusing him from games today"

"Jones?"    "Sir"

"Larsen?"         ....        "Larsen?"        ....       "Larsen?"       ....      "Has anybody seen the new boy Larsen?"

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think it will be difficult to have a completed squad by next season given the players that are almost certain to leave.  And that's not factoring in signings we make that just don't work out.  It's definitely a more pleasing version of the future but I don't know how realistic it is.  We should definitely be in a better position a year from now however, if we aren't then something has gone seriously wrong between now and then.

It’s the right mentality though isn’t it? A squad is never truly complete- it evolves and improves incrementally, sometimes a step back to take two forward (as with the Tav sale hopefully) Look at the players Pep has let leave this summer. Never satisfied. Always progressing- stand still and you go backwards.

• Like 3
Just now, CrazyL said:

It’s the right mentality though isn’t it? A squad is never truly complete- it evolves and improves incrementally, sometimes a step back to take two forward (as with the Tav sale hopefully) Look at the players Pep has let leave this summer. Never satisfied. Always progressing- stand still and you go backwards.

As soon as we start progressing that will be fine.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?