oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

44.8.1  the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are submitted (in such manner as the League shall specify from time to time) to and received by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match; and confirmed by the League to be in order

There's the official bit from the EFL on eligibility of registration, he can definitely play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Watmore’s off when we get the next 2 forwards in too.  

Any idea who it is that's interested?

What a nice way to start the day, telling you now Mowatt's class always rated him 

We get in a proper mobile physical DM now and midfield is looking so much stronger 

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I dont think Mowatt can play tomorrow. I am sure the rule is the player needs to have been registered by Friday lunchtime to be eligible for a weekend game. And thats regardless of whether you play Saturday, Sunday or Monday evening.

Could be wrong but thats been the rule before.  

6 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Can anyone clear this up

4 minutes ago, Guffie said:

Pretty sure wilder or someone explained. They need to be registered by 12pm the previous day to play in the next game. For all we know he could of been registered yesterday anyways, just all his media and that needed doing .

A player needs to be registered by 12pm on the day before the game in order to be eligible to play, I think it was a case that all the paperwork was done in time and he will be in the squad even though we have only just announced him.

8 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

That’s true but you can move players around during the game such as McNair, or McGree back in the middle so it’s not like we are totally hamstrung if we want to change it around 

But moving players around doesn’t give the midfield some fresh legs. 

Just now, JonnyMFC said:

A player needs to be registered by 12pm on the day before the game in order to be eligible to play, I think it was a case that all the paperwork was done in time and he will be in the squad even though we have only just announced him.

It's not even 10am yet.

He'll definitely be registered.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

I still wouldn’t rule out seeing that team, although It wouldn’t be my preference 

I don’t think Mowatt will start anyway 😁

but I don’t think it helped us in the first 2 games not having a midfielder on the bench Wilder trusted to bring on

39 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Straight into the team on Sunday, proper Wilder style player.

Very happy with this, wish it was a permanent though.

Do we know if we have an option to buy or is it just a season long loan?

Happy with the signing of Mowatt. Adds much needed competition to our midfield. 

Based on what we know, this would be my guess as our transfer strategy for the rest of the window…

Priority 1 and 2 - Buy in a permanent striker and permanent LCB. Going by the media, our number 1 targets are Larsen and Greaves for these positions but I’m sure we have plenty of other names if we can’t make these deals work. I think we will be trying to make these happen asap. 

Priority 3 and 4 - Loan a striker and a CDM from a PL team. I think these two will go right down to the wire. Personally I still think that we will try to hold out for Armstrong to fill the striker role until the very end of the window, but will probably have someone else lined up (probably Muniz) if the Armstrong deal doesn’t work. I know the Armstrong deal is seeming more and more unlikely with Southampton’s struggle to sign strikers. However I feel that it was very telling that, despite Armstrong having a strong pre season, he was still hooked off at half time in their first game of the season for a midfielder, and going by predicted line ups for today, Southampton will start with Stuart Armstrong and Aribo up front, neither of which are actually strikers. It shows Hassenhuttl’s confidence in Armstrong that he’d prefer to go with 2 midfielders up front, rather than play Armstrong. I think it’s still very unlikely that we will be able to get Armstrong, and will be fully dependent on Southampton getting 2 or 3 strikers in but I think we will hold out until the very end of the window for this deal. I also think we will hold out for the CDM until the very end of the window, with the hope that someone exceptionally good for the Championship becomes available from a PL club. Again, someone like Ampadu is probably very very unlikely, but he’s the kind of loan signing that gets more likely the closer we get to the end of the window if, late on, Chelsea decide they want to loan him out, and other clubs have already filled that position or hit their loan quotas. 

• Like 1

8 down. 4 to go.

5 permanent signings and 3 loans meaning we can make 2 more loan signings. Well we can make more than 5 but only 5 allowed in a match day squad.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?