oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

But WILdeR Is GoNna WaLk

Oh ***! I completely forgot about that.  When is he going, before the Xmas window? We can then get another manager in that will ostracise all of our new signings and bring in a load of older players that 'do a job', and then we can start our rebuild!

Will Scott be going too? I just want to prepare myself.

I'm proposing "In the Mowatt hour, they cried more, more, more" for a new thread title.

Good signing. The one slight concern being that his injury may have taken the edge off his game.

He can play as either a 6 or an 8, in Wilderspeak, so I wonder if he will replace Howson more than McGree. A midfield of Crooks, Howson and Mowatt would be like watching a slow-motion replay.

Speculating. Wilder and Knill aren't daft and we've all seen that we can't cope with Howson being pressed. Mowatt enables us to play with two 6's and a 10 (3-4-1-2) so that we can contest the centre of the pitch better. Howson, Mowatt and McNair can all play in a centre-2 midfield while McGree and Crooks can play as the 10. Crooks can also play as a 6 while McNair is still convinced that he's really a #10. It also lets us play the 5-4-1 we used in pre-season due to a lack of strikers. Playing 3-4-1-2 requires the strikers to run the channels with the #10 coming through the middle and that suits Crooks and McGree down to the ground. Akpom and Watmore are happiest playing wide, not so sure about Forss. Hoppe apparently started as a midfielder so may be good at dropping deep and linking up play. Obviously I could be over-interpreting this but I would be surprised if Wilder and Knill don't try to evolve their tactics, and Wilder mentioned in pre-season that they were working on how to modify their shape to adapt to opponents.

• Like 2

Good solid sensible signing that will improve the team. Just concerned about a recall clause in the loan if we are neck and neck with the Baggies, mind you we didn't recall Spence as Forest were overtaking us so who knows?

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Where have MFC got the idea that Alex Mowatt only played 16 games for West Brom from on their fact file?

Transfermarkt says he played and started 34 games.

Figured it out.

They've just used his Wikipedia page, which hasn't been properly updated in half a year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Apparently the West Brom owner has taken money out of the club and not paid it back?

Mowatt wouldn't have moved if Dike didn't get injured. They need wage space to replace him. Sounds like we've taken advantage of the situation.

Edited by Smogzilla
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A lot more optimistic about our team now, we don't feel one injury away from a crisis now! Just hope the terms are good and we can't be stung by a recall mid season when Bruce is let go. 

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Figured it out.

They've just used his Wikipedia page, which hasn't been properly updated in half a year.

I'd trust the wiki more it says "Alex Mowatt bleeds Boro red, his diet consists of Parmos and he modeled his game on George Boateng" seems legit to me. More than this "transfermarkt"  website, they can't even spell market right  🙄

• Haha 1

Really happy with Mowatt ive rated him since he came through at Leeds. Wanted us to sign him and Ronaldo Viera back then both came through at the same time as I remember it. 

Hes a good all round midfielder at this level he's solid enough defensively while being decent on the ball and can shoot from outside the area. Not the quickest but a good engine although that's my only concern that he might not have the pace to cover down the left as much as we will need him to.

He comes in for mcgree for me with crooks howson and mowatt that's a bit more solid and gives us a decent balance across midfield. We could also deploy him and howson deeper as a two and have crooks or mcgree more advanced through the centre. Good options. Be interesting to see where wilder fits him in and who for.

7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Good solid sensible signing that will improve the team. Just concerned about a recall clause in the loan if we are neck and neck with the Baggies, mind you we didn't recall Spence as Forest were overtaking us so who knows?

You'd hope that we wouldn't get into a similar situation as Forest where they had to pay extra to avoid a recall. We should've learnt from that. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - If You're Happy & You Mowatt
16 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Apparently the West Brom owner has taken money out of the club and not paid it back?

Mowatt wouldn't have moved if Dike didn't get injured. They need wage space to replace him. Sounds like we've taken advantage of the situation.

Why patience is required in the market, 4 more signings to go 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Foogle said:

You'd hope that we wouldn't get into a similar situation as Forest where they had to pay extra to avoid a recall. We should've learnt from that. 

We needed someone in of his quality in that position desperately. My guess is that WBA basically said its mandatory a recall clause is inserted and we probably didn't want to waste time messing around and probably saved ourselves a larger loan fee. It gives us more time to identify a long term signing in that position for January if he does end up going back at the very least. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?