oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

7 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

I don’t like any of it. Irritates me when players act like that whilst contracted to a club.

But he did say a few times, that he loves the fans and the club and area in general, but he feels screwed over? 

Should he just be silent and accept that the club might have hurt his career?  If there wasn't a deal between Larsen and Groningen ..  Then he shouldn't act up .. But he clearly talks like someone who has been mistreated, to me at least

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

The strange thing for me is, if Groningen knows he wants to go, how come he is being interviewed after the game by a big international tv channel like ESPN? As he did not score and is not their captain then why did the club put him forward for the interview in the first place? They must have expected this to happen or, are they preparing their supporters for him leaving?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, LBP said:

Would definitely be accepting the first half decent offer for Watmore this window btw

His 3 huge chance misses have potentially cost us 4 points and getting to the next round of the cup

Can only agree with this. Especially after watching the highlights again from today, fair enough he was off the bench but he has to score that chance, looks even worse on the highlights. 

Will always have a soft spot for watmore, he's been a great servant but to achieve our ambitions we need bigger and better. 

• Like 1

I don’t even know why we’re debating this. We have made a huge offer for a lad who is largely unproven (certainly at our level) but who has shown he has talent in the Dutch league. I think it is obvious that Groningen have shifted the goalposts on the fee and are trying to start a bidding war, which is their prerogative and certainly not unheard of, but I’m not going to feel sorry for them because Larsen is getting frustrated and is starting to agitate for the move. It’s not that different from our situation with Tav, only that we tried our best to keep him and then accepted his decision when that didn’t work. Groningen are basically forcing him to play the ‘villain’ role IMO, because it’s a narrative they hope will play out better with their support.

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, YouAreBoateng said:

Can only agree with this. Especially after watching the highlights again from today, fair enough he was off the bench but he has to score that chance, looks even worse on the highlights. 

Will always have a soft spot for watmore, he's been a great servant but to achieve our ambitions we need bigger and better. 

Exactly my thoughts mate, at the time of the miss I thought it was quite a difficult chance but watching it back it should be getting buried, almost as clear cut as the last Inch perfect Giles cross he wasted 

I like him and he'd still offer a lot from the bench but with his injury record and contract up soon, cashing in is definitely the smart move 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Pork Slops said:

This might be my fault, sorry 😂

Screenshot_20220814-225633_Chrome.jpg

Yeah my opinion still stands. I don’t think he will be sold as we need funds, more because I’m not getting the vibe Wilder is a huge lover 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

If you were Larsen and you felt that your club had screwed you over .. promised you a move and the rejecting it, when it happens ..  because the said club wants more money? Imagine thinking you are a few steps away from playing in England, but your current club screws you overso you feel stuck? .. I bet most young hungry players would try to use the media to push things back to what was a spoken deal ..  Imagine a young Zlatan in the exact smae situation .. He too wouldn't be a gentleman about it towards someone who had screwed him over

Zlatan has been disrespected. Zlatan is displeased. Zlatan will now in turn disrespect those who have disrespected him by laying down Zlatan’s tools until he is once again respected. I am Zlatan and I will be heard and I will have my satisfaction.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Haha 2

Completely different viewpoint, do we think Boro will be put off by Larsen's media antics?

I can only feel for the lad if there's been an agreement in place to let him go for the right money and the goalposts have been moved because multiple clubs are interested, that isn't fair. 

I'm sure we would've all liked more money for Tav but he wanted to go so we allowed it. Suppose it's a different sitch with no concrete interest from others clubs though. 

Who knows!

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, YouAreBoateng said:

Completely different viewpoint, do we think Boro will be put off by Larsen's media antics?

I can only feel for the lad if there's been an agreement in place to let him go for the right money and the goalposts have been moved because multiple clubs are interested, that isn't fair. 

I'm sure we would've all liked more money for Tav but he wanted to go so we allowed it. Suppose it's a different sitch with no concrete interest from others clubs though. 

Who knows!

No

4 minutes ago, YouAreBoateng said:

Who knows!

I’d be surprised if we aren’t behind his media antics.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

I’d be surprised if we aren’t behind his media antics.

That would make a lot of sense. It certainly does benefit us as it leaves them in a tough situation. I really don't think we bid again though, I think it's just a waiting game now. 

It's going to be a long two weeks! 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?